Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Do you have "unfinished project syndrome" - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Do you have "unfinished project syndrome" - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Three (only one left) Cox .020 silencers for sale.
by 1/2A Nut Today at 1:00 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by GallopingGhostler Today at 12:20 am

» Speed plane - Crispy but not too crispy
by GallopingGhostler Today at 12:00 am

» *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -May 2024-
by layback209 Yesterday at 11:48 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by roddie Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Post your Older ignition books
by lla Yesterday at 6:34 pm

» S1 Ringmaster
by Onelife Yesterday at 8:40 am

» O&R 23 & Brown Jr
by getback Yesterday at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:31 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:16 pm

» Hemostat clamp/smooth-jaws
by roddie Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:48 pm

» Black Widow Run time
by Ken Cook Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:44 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Do you have "unfinished project syndrome" - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Do you have "unfinished project syndrome"

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Do you have "unfinished project syndrome" - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have "unfinished project syndrome"

Post  fredvon4 Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:44 am

Dizzy

That workmate holding the boat is begging to be transformed into a proper stooge!

The shop transformation should be done in about six weeks from now. When I get after a home construction project my son and friends come help and this is my secret to much success the last few years. On my own a project can take months to years. But when my boy is here I get competitive trying to keep up with his youthful energy and take far fewer smoke n "beer breaks"...wink
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Do you have "unfinished project syndrome" - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have "unfinished project syndrome"

Post  John Goddard Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:30 am

Dizzyman2011 wrote: lol!
lol!
lol!

Hello !! Yes its me im guilty as charged in my spare time i construct wheelie bins It's been a long process but nearly everyone in the uk has one now ...
If I could only stop those pesky kids riding on them down the hills !!!
What a rubbish job I have !!

Aaaah Now I'm seen your buggy on a real screen not the iphone I can see a Disco!
Is it a TD5?
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Dizzyman2011 Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:39 am

John Goddard wrote:
Dizzyman2011 wrote: lol!
lol!
lol!

Hello !! Yes its me im guilty as charged in my spare time i construct wheelie bins It's been a long process but nearly everyone in the uk has one now ...
If I could only stop those pesky kids riding on them down the hills !!!
What a rubbish job I have !!

Aaaah Now I'm seen your buggy on a real screen not the iphone I can see a Disco!
Is it a TD5?

Hey John good peepers it's a series 1 300tdi xs
Too many miles on the clock but perfect to go out window cleaning all my poles etc fit in the back nicely with room to spare u could call this an unfinished project as well only had her a few months but lots to do on her great vehicles though have had so
Many landys now I've lost count favourite has to be the ex military 90 boy that was fun in the brown stuff !!!
Dizzyman2011
Dizzyman2011
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Dizzyman2011 Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:42 am

That also answers a question I've been wondering now ever since I put my first pic up on this forum on the iPhone I can only see 2/3 of the picture am assuming then that in pc you can see full pic? Oh and sounds like u might have a disco too ?
Dizzyman2011
Dizzyman2011
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:37 am

Dizzyman2011 wrote:That also answers a question I've been wondering now ever since I put my first pic up on this forum on the iPhone I can only see 2/3 of the picture am assuming then that in pc you can see full pic? Oh and sounds like u might have a disco too ?

Naw just (according to The Boss) an unhealthy obsession with JamJars,,,,
Pal of mine had one though. V handy for those stupid people (hello) who insist on taking 2.5 tonne
rear wheel drive BM's onto muddy/waterlogged flying fields......!
Embarassed
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ebeneezer Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:26 am

Can I just say this unfinished project addiction is a real problem to all the modellers I know. I have it, and my Dad's still got it after 70 years.of aeromodelling. Flying
ebeneezer
ebeneezer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:14 am

Oh no the tidy end of Johnnies
Basement..
Embarassed

Do you have "unfinished project syndrome" - Page 2 Pictur27

Last edited by John Goddard on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Dizzyman2011 Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:54 pm

Hey John your making me feel better about my addiction when I saw that I laughed looks like my workshop before I literally have to tidy up because I can't move !!!!
Dizzyman2011
Dizzyman2011
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Dizzyman2011 Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:57 pm

Exactly how many models do you have John ?? Trying to find something not model related apart from the back of that washing machine no luck wish I had that much space
Dizzyman2011
Dizzyman2011
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:32 pm

Er 1 or 2...

I developed a mania that went something like 'now I've got one of those I'd better have a spare'.....!

If we forget the garage....
Probably 30 or more in the basement.
Embarassed
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Dizzyman2011 Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:56 pm

Let's pretend we're snowed in and resurrect some models that's a lot John am impressed !!
Dizzyman2011
Dizzyman2011
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Do you have "unfinished project syndrome" - Page 2 Empty always

Post  Jaspur_x Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:28 pm

I always have that syndrome going on and probably will until about 4 years after I get 5 clones of myself to help catch up lol
Jaspur_x
Jaspur_x
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:31 pm

I have lots of projects, seems like endless amounts of them. All of them need time and money, which I have little of.
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:26 pm

Do you have "unfinished project syndrome?"
Yes yes. Hi, my name is Rusty and I have it too. Just when I think I'm where I want to be as far as having everything in place so I can pick up and go fly on a whim, I bust one and start spending late nights in the shop sanding and gluing, shaping and cussing. Or I see a picture of something I just gotta have, like the instant inspiration that hit me when I saw a picture of a beautiful clear green stick and tissue Kadet airplane. I don't know how to fly it, never built one like it... But I want it!

Then I hit the forums soliciting advice and help finding whatever the latest wild idea is. Thank goodness y'all are tolerant of my excited and hopefully not dead ending threads when I get excited about starting a new project, never knowing if I'll follow through or not. A while back I was drawing up plans to hybridize a Flight Streak plan into a Hyper Viper. It will be a beauty if I ever do it, but my wife reclaimed the dining room table and now my sketch pads and pictures and drawing tools are in a pile in the corner of my drafty shop.

Now I have an ugly old thing that's going to be resurrected into a T-28 Trojan Navy plane. Mark sent me decals and all, so I'll have to get moving on that. Hanging in another corner is a Shoestring Stunter with a broken fuse and a shattered wingtip, throwing a shadow over my poor little Refried Bean, a project I did finish, and then had a wing self destruct in mid flight. It was a beauty, I certainly can't let it die from neglect. Planes that need fixing, engines that need planes, a house that needs work, a family that needs attention, Yiiiii!!! Oh yeah, almost forgot, that tach race engine has to be at the UPS store by 2:00 Saturday and it's still all greasy awaiting its last test.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:33 am

I was going to post here but I keep putting it off. sleep
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Dizzyman2011 Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:19 am

Hey rusty that's a shame about the bean what happened ?? Didn't hear anything about it just caved in ? That's a shame man was reading your build thread a while back was looking sweeeet !!!!
Dizzyman2011
Dizzyman2011
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:38 am

I've gotten as far with my unfinished projects as to pledge there WILL be no more unfinished projects under the threat of progressively harsh sanctions. Laughing

EssDee
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:15 am

Dizzyman2011 wrote:Hey rusty that's a shame about the bean what happened ?? Didn't hear anything about it just caved in ? That's a shame man was reading your build thread a while back was looking sweeeet !!!!
I took it out one Sunday after I hopped it up with a faster prop and took the muffler off. It took off like a rocket and turned the fastest damn circles I've ever done. It flew perfectly, she was trimmed to a tee. It was a really long flight and I started getting dizzy and so stood still to do some figure 8s. I had been doing a respectable job handling it, but I got cocky and let it get behind me. I whipped around to find it right in the sun about 45 degrees up on the lines. I snapped full up to bring it back to the other side and I think the outboard wing folded(sounds good anyway). The plane belly-busted the ground at full speed on tight lines and the wing landed outside of the circle about 10 feet from it. Hard to say, it all happened so fast. There was only a buckshot sized bubble of fuel in the bladder too. I almost finished the flight. I would have put the slower prop back on. Shoulda woulda coulda...

That old Bean had led a tortuous life in it's previous incarnation and may not have been up for the Norvel power. The wing made a clean break and there's not a thing wrong with the whole rest of the airframe. If I can figure out a way to get that wing back on and re-cover it it could fly again. I loved it. I thought it was one of my nicest pieces of work. It ended up needing no balancing weight at all after I took off the muffler and added a Streak-style landing wheel.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  daddyo Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:23 am

Why don't you guys send each-others unfinished projects off to each other and let someone else do it? Or start a business finishing off everyone's? I go about 3 weeks on something then burn out onto something else. Like this robot that has not gotten it's remaining 3 legs since I started it 10 years ago (its got servos so figured it's ok here...).

Do you have "unfinished project syndrome" - Page 2 100_4310
daddyo
daddyo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:58 am

Daddyo:

I believe it's the old "thrill of victory and the agony of defeat" thing at work. Most of us hold back completion until we get a "roundtuit". That moment never seems to arrive thus the protracted project delays.

This brings up a commerical opportunity to make and sell "roundtuits" to present modelers who dally with project completions. Smile

SuperDave
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:54 am

Unfinished, hell! I have unstarted project syndrome. Y'all are well aware of how I get wild ideas and go on a posting rampage about it and then let it fade away.

I am not letting this one fade though; the Kadet. Rolla sent me the 1/2A plans and it will be my first stick and tissue...err Ultracote build. I will start a build thread because I'll have lots of questions. This will also be my first RC plane. I'll have to let the guys at the club fly it for me at first.
Here's what I want it to look like:
Do you have "unfinished project syndrome" - Page 2 Dsc00411

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  pkrankow Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:51 am

RknRusty wrote:Unfinished, hell! I have unstarted project syndrome. Y'all are well aware of how I get wild ideas and go on a posting rampage about it and then let it fade away.

I am not letting this one fade though; the Kadet. Rolla sent me the 1/2A plans and it will be my first stick and tissue...err Ultracote build. I will start a build thread because I'll have lots of questions. This will also be my first RC plane. I'll have to let the guys at the club fly it for me at first.
Here's what I want it to look like:
Do you have "unfinished project syndrome" - Page 2 Dsc00411

Yes, let someone else fly it. Get yourself a foamie trainer and take some lessons. That looks like 100+ hours of work to me, more than 1/2 of it just cutting materials. Looks like a winner of a design too!

Phil
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Dizzyman2011 Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:03 am

Hey that looks like a mIghty fine
Model There lots of work but anything worthwhile is never easy good idea bout the foamies as a trainer to learn on kadet looks a little fragile to
Learn with but good motivation to get good quick will enjoy reading the thread when it gets going
Dizzyman2011
Dizzyman2011
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Dizzyman2011 Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:04 am

Daddyo
Yeah no what u mean bout a month for me if I'm lucky someone could make a fortune out of completing projects
Dizzyman2011
Dizzyman2011
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Do you have "unfinished project syndrome" - Page 2 Empty The cure for the unfinished project syndrome!

Post  ian1954 Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:28 am

Out of sight equals out of mind

Don't let the "powers that be" (SWMBOs etc.) force your activities outside into garages, sheds and basements.

Find a room in the house, nice and warm, and commandeer it. Leave the door open so that so can look in as you pass by and give yourself a gentle reminder to what needs finishing (or starting).

Do you have "unfinished project syndrome" - Page 2 Brazin10

Don't waste time tidying up

Tidying occurs naturally as projects are finished

Do you have "unfinished project syndrome" - Page 2 Brazin11

Keep everything you are working on in sight!

Do you have "unfinished project syndrome" - Page 2 Brazin12

To be continued

ian1954
ian1954
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next