Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Went to the "Back To The 50s" car show yesterday. Cox_ba12

Went to the "Back To The 50s" car show yesterday. Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by balogh Today at 12:55 am

» Original Box for P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer Value
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Cox P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» thread measurements
by MauricioB Yesterday at 5:33 pm

» Cox Thompson Trophy Winner
by Jerry Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» COX 010 TeeDee with RC carb, courtesy sosam 117
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"
by fit90 Yesterday at 2:52 pm

» a cheap sport muffler
by robot797 Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» OS 10FSR Carb Needed
by Cougar 429 Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» AP .061 Hornet
by F4D Phantom II Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:01 pm

» dozens of old .049 TeeDee's, Medallions and a few others
by rsv1cox Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:46 pm

» Re-manufactured Enya .06-II for Boats13
by Boats13 Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:32 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Went to the "Back To The 50s" car show yesterday. Empty
Live on Patrol

Went to the "Back To The 50s" car show yesterday.

Go down

Went to the "Back To The 50s" car show yesterday. Empty Went to the "Back To The 50s" car show yesterday.

Post  Admin Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:52 pm

I got up early yesterday morning and headed out to the Back to the 50s car show. More than 11,000 cars 1964 and earlier. This was their 40th show. It ran from Friday to Sunday. they have all kinds of events going on, burnout competitions, races, auctions.... Sunday was their swap meet.

I would have taken my own pictures but I didn't swap out my phones SD card before I went, so here's a video from last year.

Down at the swap meet, I found a pint sized Cox fuel can that is still FULL. Paid $6 for it. I can't get the cap off (I really didn't try that hard yet) so I have no idea if it really is fuel that is in it or what the fuel is like. Besides a few other overpriced cox fuel cans, I saw a Cox Wings pin that the guy wanted $85 for. I didn't see any engines or models this time. Another thing I bought was a metal Eagle 1 gallon gas can for $5. I absolutely cannot stand those plastic gas cans anymore. Those plastic gas cans last about a year before the cap splits or the gasket goes and I'm tired of buying replacement caps. I also found a Soundesign 8-track deck in its original box, you can tell it was used at one point but wasn't used much, I talked the guy down to $6 on it. Spent a good hour or so rebuilding it, got it working and sounding fine.

Went to the "Back To The 50s" car show yesterday. -112

Went to the "Back To The 50s" car show yesterday. -214
Went to the "Back To The 50s" car show yesterday. -312

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Went to the "Back To The 50s" car show yesterday. Empty Re: Went to the "Back To The 50s" car show yesterday.

Post  OVERLORD Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:36 pm

Jacob, what a deal, an 8 track player for 6USD!! I saw on another pic already you were an 8 track enthousiast. I like them as well, but over here they were not so common as in the US and the UK. I got some car players. Years ago I used to sit in my car just to enjoy 8 track. Bypassers must have tought there was something wrong with me.

Nice cars and a lot of custom. Here is my back to the 50's motor:

Went to the "Back To The 50s" car show yesterday. Tracti10

and under the bonnet, there's this:

Went to the "Back To The 50s" car show yesterday. Uitlaa10

Enjoy the music!!

Lieven
OVERLORD
OVERLORD
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Went to the "Back To The 50s" car show yesterday. Empty Re: Went to the "Back To The 50s" car show yesterday.

Post  Admin Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:12 pm

Nice! Is that a Citroen? I had to crack open my car book to find it. I'm not a huge car guy, I can tell some cars by looking at them but there is always a few that I just don't know. Especially when it comes to foreign cars.

What kind of music do you listen to? I have about 1500 8-tracks, I have serviced most with new foam pads and foil splice. Let me know if you are ever after any.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  navion34 Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:57 am

Admin wrote:Nice! Is that a Citroen? I had to crack open my car book to find it. I'm not a huge car guy, I can tell some cars by looking at them but there is always a few that I just don't know. Especially when it comes to foreign cars.

What kind of music do you listen to? I have about 1500 8-tracks, I have serviced most with new foam pads and foil splice. Let me know if you are ever after any.

Yes, it's a Citroen, "traction avant" or Front wheel drive if your prefer. This car was made from 1934 to 1957 so before and after the WWII.

navion34
navion34
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:44 am

The Citroen was and is an engineering marvel for it's time and even still.

Son once owned a black '69 DM-35 which was wonderfully complex with it's hydraulic system and "Batmobile" appearance. It's downfall was the hydraulic brake fluid used to operate the hydraulic system PRIOR to a re-design using a fluid NOT based on ethelyine-glycol which as an affinity for water which resulted in internal hydraulic leaks due to corrosion in the system.

With this car it seemingly used a quart of brake fluild for every gallon of gasoline. (Run low on hdraulic fluid and the clutch would allow the shifting of gears much less stop. Affraid or WOW!

SD
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  sdjjadk Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:19 pm

SuperDave wrote:The Citroen was and is an engineering marvel for it's time and even still.

Son once owned a black '69 DM-35 which was wonderfully complex with it's hydraulic system and "Batmobile" appearance.  It's downfall was the hydraulic brake fluid used to operate the hydraulic system PRIOR to a re-design using a fluid NOT based on ethelyine-glycol which as an affinity for water which resulted in internal hydraulic leaks due to corrosion in the system.

With this car it seemingly used a quart of brake fluild for every gallon of gasoline.  (Run low on hdraulic fluid and the clutch would allow the shifting of gears much less stop. Affraid or WOW!

SD
When I used to be a mechanic, Joe Kittenger was one of the customers that came to the shop and he had an old Citroen I think it was. It was a cool car.
And back in 2000, I bought a 1965 Plymouth Valiant Wagon with a 225 Slant 6 and a Push Button trans from the original owner for $300.00. It was a cool car but the braking system was dangerous as it only had 1 one brake line coming off of the master cylinder and drums on all 4 wheels. Well the master cylinders on some of those cars were prone to failure and if any of the brake shoes went out of adjustment on the front wheels, it would pull really bad and scare the (bleep) out of you! Well, I had the master cylinder fail on me while on the way to work one morning but luckily it failed when I was pulling into the parking lot at work so I didn't hit anything and I was able to pull the E-brake to stop the car. After that, I got the parts and converted it over to front disc brakes and a 2 line master cylinder with an adjustable proportioning valve. About a year later, I decided to build a street / strip car out of it but I ended up having to sell it because the whole back half of the car body needed replaced with all new metal because of rust and wasn't worth the money and time.
Shawn
sdjjadk
sdjjadk
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down