Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Camera question for Kim Cox_ba12

Camera question for Kim Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» 12 string guitar suggestions
by akjgardner Today at 7:08 pm

» WenMac 049 - Glow Plug & Head Gasket replacements?
by Ken Cook Today at 3:17 pm

» audio-tach anyone?
by roddie Today at 2:58 pm

» A choke-tube with velocity-stack configured Bee
by roddie Today at 2:54 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 2:43 pm

» Nostalgia alert, my 1959 Corvette revisited
by Admin Today at 1:11 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rsv1cox Today at 10:26 am

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by rsv1cox Today at 7:32 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by akjgardner Yesterday at 10:28 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 4:30 pm

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by getback Fri May 17, 2024 7:19 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Camera question for Kim Empty
Live on Patrol

Camera question for Kim

Go down

Camera question for Kim Empty Camera question for Kim

Post  JPvelo Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:22 am

I know this has been covered but I could not find it with a search.

Kim, what type of keychain camera are you using on your planes? My son and I are going to build a rocket that will do 1900 feet and I would like to install an on board camera.

Thank you,
Jim
JPvelo
JPvelo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Camera question for Kim Empty Re: Camera question for Kim

Post  Kim Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:59 am

JPvelo wrote:I know this has been covered but I could not find it with a search.

Kim, what type of keychain camera are you using on your planes? My son and I are going to build a rocket that will do 1900 feet and I would like to install an on board camera.

Thank you,
Jim

Hey Jim,

I've got several of these that I put " in harm's way" .  There are several accessory package combinations, so you have to look closely at what they say is included.  I've bought additional cameras without accessories as I had the needed stuff already.  You DO want the #16 model...not sure if there's a newer one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/808-Car-Key-Fob-Micro-16-Camera-Real-1280x720-HD-H-264-Codec-RC-Video-Recorder-/220930063208?pt=US_Surveillance_Digital_Video_Recorders_Cards&hash=item3370753b68

They take a while on delivery, but all my orders made it in safely.  

There's a set on instructions on RC Groups that is much better than the "Chinglish" type that comes with the cameras.

Spy Cam Kim
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  JPvelo Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:52 pm

Thanks!
JPvelo
JPvelo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  JPvelo Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:23 pm

So do I need an Rc transmitter for it or does it have external controls? Can it store multiple videos or is it one video, upload, erase?

Thank you,
Jim
JPvelo
JPvelo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:10 am

JPvelo wrote:So do I need an Rc transmitter for it or does it have external controls? Can it store multiple videos or is it one video, upload, erase?

Thank you,
Jim

Hey Jim!

It's got two buttons that control it (with two more that don't do anything!).  I just punch it right before launch, and stop it after recovery.  The second back from the front turns it on and ALSO selects whether you're doing videos or stills (got a bunch of those with me staring dumbly at the camera after getting confused!).  When I've got it right, pushing the forward button causes it to start recording and the tiny LED to blink and go out (it apparently doesn't care about what the instructions say about blinking while videoing).

The amount it can record depends on the size of the MicroSD card you use.  I just go ahead and use a 32g card, which will hold plenty of flights, though, I usually have my computer nearby and fired up to download them and clear the card for more if I'm REALLY going nuts with it!   It also charges it's battery by USB port, so I just plug it in while I have a soda break.  The only R/C controls that are involved (with me) are the little servos I use to rotate the thing in flight. (The white line is from me...a liquid paper mark that lets me know which camera it is)

Camera question for Kim 14_10

Camera question for Kim 16_10

Once loaded in the computer, I use "Windows Movie Maker" (a free program that may already be in your computer) to crunch them down into a video.  I've got several fancy, store-bought video programs that were wasted money because of the simplicity I want in my videos.

You can also use ANOTHER free feature that's probably in your computer: "Snipping Tool" that can capture a paused video frame to make (for me) startlingly clear photos.  I stopped messing with the "Video Capture Feature'" on my video programs after I found it, as it is a bunch easier to use.

Camera question for Kim Rr-1__10

The one thing that still bugs me, and that I need my nerd buddy Rory to help remove, is the camera's tendency, after a few minutes, to "stop and start" as it records.  The video segments are back-to-back, with no loss, but it still spooks me sometimes.  This is mentioned in the instructions (looking for them now), with an explanation of how to fix it.  It's not a big deal though, as I just dump the whole mess into Movie Maker and chop away 'till I have what I want. I DO save the original raw files in a "T" byte external drive though.

The best thing to do, I think, is to just mess with the camera around the house, shooting videos of the dog or kids, and see what you get, adjusting accordingly.  They ARE amazing, and somewhat insulting, when compared with the BIG BUCKS I spent years ago, doing part-time aerial photography and video.  This tiny sucker can give you photos comparable to those from my SLR film camera, and video that makes me want to hide all the footage I shot with my giant dinosaur video gear !

I'll post the link to the excellent instructions on RC Groups as soon as I can find them !

As you might detect, I like talking about this stuff, so please don't hesitate to ask about anything! Just keep in mind though, that all this stuff is from "My World" and there may be easier, better ways to do it...this is just where I am with it !!

Later! Caffeine-Poisoned Kim
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  ian1954 Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am

I followed Kim's advice and postings and bought one. It is light and resilient. Excellent value for money.

Only problem is that it led me to go out and get a GoPro - 10 x the price!

If you are not prone to dizziness:-

https://www.coxengineforum.com/t5190p40-ian-s-cox-flight-contest-progress#68798
ian1954
ian1954
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:17 am

ian1954 wrote:I followed Kim's advice and postings and bought one. It is light and resilient. Excellent value for money.

Only problem is that it led me to go out and get a GoPro - 10 x the price!

If you are not prone to dizziness:-

https://www.coxengineforum.com/t5190p40-ian-s-cox-flight-contest-progress#68798

YEP !!! The love of Cool Electronic Stuff is, indeed a slippery slope !!!! Can bruise-up a checking account or credit card REAL proper !!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:58 pm

Finally found the site with the directions:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1556994