Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

It's pretty sad when... Cox_ba12

It's pretty sad when... Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» audio-tach anyone?
by 944_Jim Today at 9:53 pm

» WenMac 049 - Glow Plug & Head Gasket replacements?
by Ken Cook Today at 7:50 pm

» 12 string guitar suggestions
by akjgardner Today at 7:08 pm

» A choke-tube with velocity-stack configured Bee
by roddie Today at 2:54 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 2:43 pm

» Nostalgia alert, my 1959 Corvette revisited
by Admin Today at 1:11 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rsv1cox Today at 10:26 am

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by rsv1cox Today at 7:32 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by akjgardner Yesterday at 10:28 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 4:30 pm

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by getback Fri May 17, 2024 7:19 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

It's pretty sad when... Empty
Live on Patrol

It's pretty sad when...

Go down

Mad It's pretty sad when...

Post  sdjjadk Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:24 pm

It's pretty sad when as a Parent you are afraid to let you child go to school!
My oldest son is a Sophomore at what is supposed to be an excellent High School but unfortunately My wife and I got an automated call saying that there was a bomb threat called in this morning and that the school is on lock down and the Police were en rout. The worse part is, this is the 2nd one within a week and the 3rd one in less than a year! Thank God that the previous two threats were cleared as false. But the thing that scares me is, what happens when it turns out to be real? Here in my area, when a school goes on lock down, they shut the phones off so you can't call them and they won't allow parents to pick up their kids. So I called the local Sheriff's Office for an update, but the Officer I spoke with must not have had his morning donuts as he was condescending and told me that "he was too busy to talk because he had 15 other people just like me calling" And when I told him I just wanted to make sure my son and his peers were safe, he just laughed and said "Don't worry, we'll send out a public press release with additional information" followed by an abrupt hang up. What an @**!! Devil

Sorry for rambling.  I'm worried for my son and I just needed to vent.

Shawn
sdjjadk
sdjjadk
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Mad Re: It's pretty sad when...

Post  Cribbs74 Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:07 pm

Shawn,

Sorry to hear of your dilemma. Seems to me that the "bomb threat" is the new way to pull the "fire alarm" and get kids out of class. Probably because it lasts longer before the all clear...

Unfortunately in this day and age it has to be taken seriously. I am sure your boy will be fine.

As much as I despise kids with cell phones, it might not be a bad way to keep in touch when the school shuts their phones off.

Ron

Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  sdjjadk Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:43 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:Shawn,

Sorry to hear of your dilemma. Seems to me that the "bomb threat" is the new way to pull the "fire alarm" and get kids out of class. Probably because it lasts longer before the all clear...

Unfortunately in this day and age it has to be taken seriously. I am sure your boy will be fine.

As much as I despise kids with cell phones, it might not be a bad way to keep in touch when the school shuts their phones off.

Ron

Thanks Ron.
Luckily it was a prank. My son and his peers are safe and the cops arrested the person that made the threat!
But yeah you're right it was probably some kid that wanted to get out of school. But it's still scarey as you never know when the threat might be real!
I'm not a fan of cell phones either, but my wife and I gave him one of those cheap pay as you go flip phones in case of emergencies but he said the signal strength is too poor to make a call.

My son just got home while I was typing this and he said he had fun! What? He said "Dad I'm good, we watched the Simpsons and munched on pork rinds"

Shawn
sdjjadk
sdjjadk
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  flyjsh Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:42 pm

When I was in high school (class of 82), it seemed like we had a "bomb threat" every couple of weeks in the spring.  For some reason they always happened during last period. Huh...  The only time they ever found anything was when someone found a box of road flairs the football coach had forgotten to put away.

Glad everyone is okay!
flyjsh
flyjsh
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:50 pm

I did Not Do It !!  lol! Ma n that stuff happened alot during the 70s  when i was in school as a kid , i new or found out who it was most the time's , as it was to be involved or cased out at the time!!!I am glad is OK with your sons school ......But i would ask why he thinks it was OK ?? And with the School that is about all there going to do ooo ... Thanks for beeing there for your children ... Getback Very Happy   Babe Bee Babe Bee Babe Bee Babe Bee
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:07 pm

Sorry you had to go through this Shawn.. very frightening.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum