Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Happy Independence Day Cox_ba12

Happy Independence Day Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Sherline lathe wont run
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 10:15 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by 706jim Yesterday at 8:13 pm

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Yesterday at 7:38 pm

» Feed Station Zebra.. Spring 2022
by roddie Yesterday at 5:59 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 12:26 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 11:12 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:43 am

» Artwork for Otto Kuhni
by Mark Boesen Mon May 13, 2024 11:53 pm

» Baja Bug / Dune Buggy Recoil Starter
by vambrosini Mon May 13, 2024 8:57 pm

» Wanted: Pull Starter reapir kit for a Cox Dune Buggy.
by vambrosini Mon May 13, 2024 8:55 pm

» cox dune buggy/ baja bug
by vambrosini Mon May 13, 2024 8:49 pm

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Mon May 13, 2024 7:37 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Happy Independence Day Empty
Live on Patrol

Happy Independence Day

Go down

Clapping Happy Independence Day

Post  Admin Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:05 am

Happy Independence Day 4th_of10

I don't have too many fireworks to set off this year, just illegal stuff and my carbide cannon. Perhaps I'll make some extra noise by running a few engines!

United States Have a Safe and Happy Independence Day!  United States

-Cox Engine Forum  4th of July Flag

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Clapping Re: Happy Independence Day

Post  akjgardner Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:43 am

Same to you and nice picture 4th of July Flag Fishing
akjgardner
akjgardner
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  navion34 Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:31 am

Happy July 4 th !

4th of July Flag
navion34
navion34
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:46 am

HAPPY AND SAFE 4 TH. TO ALL MY FRIENDS HERE ON CEF !!! 4th of July Flag 4th of July Flag 4th of July Flag 4th of July Flag 4th of July Flag Beers Beers Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks Jaw Drop Jaw Drop MY SONS OUT RIDING DIRT BIKE AT 9.00 THIS MORNING JUST TO GET THINGS STARTED !!!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rogermharris Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:10 am

Happy Fourth!!

cutting the grass and working in the yard while my wife, son and mother in law head down to oceanfest. it's a big all day event down on the boardwalk followed by fireworks... we head to the fireworks in another town as there is parking and easy to get out
rogermharris
rogermharris
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  David S Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:29 am

Wishing all a Happy 4th of July.Great photo! I am cleaning my Cox dragster and my c/l .049 WenMac Corsair.This afternoon I will make some noise with my vintage 20's carbide cannon!

David S
David S
David S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:03 am

United States United States United States United States United States United States United States United States United States United States United States
Happy 4th all! Taking the family, well all except the oldest boy who works today at the LHS, kayaking on the Puget Sound. We call it the Hammersley Inlet Flush, you ride the tide out and then back again. 15-18 foot tide swing and we travel about 14 miles round trip.  Some of the channel gets narrow and creates rapids.
4th of July Flag 4th of July Flag 4th of July Flag 4th of July Flag 4th of July Flag 4th of July Flag 4th of July Flag 4th of July Flag 4th of July Flag 4th of July Flag 4th of July Flag 4th of July Flag 4th of July Flag
Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:45 pm

duke.johnson wrote: kayaking on the Puget Sound. We call it the Hammersley Inlet Flush, Fireworks

Te, he he.....sounds like some thing you'd get after eating something with bad meat....

Happy 4th of July,  celebrate our independence and freedom from the overbearing British Empire. ......let's make things explode in the air. ( or the bottom of your kayak!) 4th of July Flag

Ps. No need to run the EOM....the picture at the top of this thread is the winner! cheers
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:18 pm

Happy 4th Jacob, and all my forum friends. 4th of July Flag Fireworks
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:34 pm

Beer Cheers Happy 4th of July to all the forum and to all 1/2A Nuts  Beer Cheers

4th of July Flag Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks  4th of July Flag

4th of July Flag Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks  4th of July Flag

4th of July Flag Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks  Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks 4th of July Flag

4th of July Flag Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks  Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks 4th of July Flag

1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:30 pm

Happy Independence Day USA_8_Track_1

https://archive.org/details/usa_felix_slatkin_concert_arts_symphonic

Enjoy! Transferred it earlier today using a 1971 Akai/Roberts 808D 8-Track Deck.

Happy Independence Day 808_D

Last edited by Admin on Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:36 pm

Hey thanks Jacob, that's pretty cool. The first track I played was When Johnny comes marching home.

Have a happy 4th, everyone! I did.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  ElectricTony Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:17 pm

It's almost over & I still have all 10 fingers.....
Happy 4th everyone  4th of July Flag

Regards,
Tony
ElectricTony
ElectricTony
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:15 pm

ElectricTony wrote:It's almost over & I still have all 10 fingers.....
Happy 4th everyone  4th of July Flag

Regards,
Tony
And both eyes, I hope. Lol.
Welcome to CEF, Tony

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  TDbandit Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:19 am

I know it's late but happy 4th guys hope you all made lotsa noise this year Smile
I didn't get to do much due to the dang weather had lots of fireworks too. Oh well since fireworks are now fully legal in Ga now i'll just postpone the fun! lata folks 4th of July Flag Fireworks (Bandit)
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:01 am

Had Lots of noise here last nite but,,, I have to admit NC fireworks SUCK FF AIR ..  Happy Independence Day 2015_410  Happy Independence Day 2015_411   My son was here and we did have a good time though  Happy Independence Day 2015_412
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:00 am

Belated Happy 4th of July to the Cool Club!  

Since my shooting buddy, Rory has become a Super Daddie, we had to celebrate the first 4th of July in 10 years WITHOUT a Gun Day !  

So...we hit the road like a couple Patriotic Hippies (if there ever WAS such a thing), cruising downtown Cape and eating watermelon at a highway vegetable stand out in the country. Would have been more Hippieish if we'd stolen it from a farmer's patch ('Me and You and a Dog Named Boo' style)...but we bought it all legal-like, and hacked it up with a knife borrowed from the stand owner.

Happy Independence Day 3_beth10

Happy Independence Day 2_beth11

Happy Independence Day 1_beth10

Hope everyone had a great and survivable 4th !!!!!!!!!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  TDbandit Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:07 am

getback wrote:Had Lots of noise here last nite but,,, I have to admit NC fireworks SUCK FF AIR ..  Happy Independence Day 2015_410  Happy Independence Day 2015_411   My son was here and we did have a good time though  Happy Independence Day 2015_412
Up until two days ago it was the same here too. We were previously limited to only spark producers and nothing larger than roman candles, now they have finally legalized the good stuff. You can now get anything from regular firecrackers up to morters and large rockets. Last night was the loudest 4th i've seen and heard ever even in the rain! I was out in my building room working on my ring master S-1 build and listening to all the ruckus going off lol. Peeps were defently having fun this year. 4th of July Flag Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks (Bandit)
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:51 am

Yes it was the LOUDEST I have heard here in awhile nice weather here .. Somebody 5-10 miles away had what must have been a thunder machine lol!  It shocked the sky and rumbled like a sonic BOOM with repore (after shake) like a cannon !!!  Fireworks
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  TDbandit Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:18 am

getback wrote:Yes it was the LOUDEST I have heard here in awhile nice weather here .. Somebody 5-10 miles away had what must have been a thunder machine lol!  It shocked the sky and rumbled like a sonic BOOM with repore (after shake) like a cannon !!!  Fireworks
You got that right, There was someone up the road from me that must have bought up all the bottle rockets in Ga and set em all off at once, there were whistling bottle rockets going off for about 10 minutes straight and talk about smoke, I'm still smelling it even overpowered the fumes from the CA I was using! lol!
BTW speaking of my Ringmaster I'm going to be posting up the build soon i've got a bunch of pic so I've got to find a place with better internet to do it or i'm going to be waiting on pics to upload for 3 days! Shocked (Bandit)
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:42 pm

Sounds like everyone had a good time! Thumbs Up I blew off cannon, went through a few strips of firecrackers, some bottle rockets and a few old fountains I had left over from past years. I walked through a few firework tents that were set up in the parking lots of a couple stores but didn't see anything that really did it for me. I noticed that they were more expensive this year LOL, anyone else notice that? They were TNT stands, I like to find the independent run stands, usually can find more interesting stuff at those.

Happy Independence Day 20150711
Not too much aftermath. I did most of them in the upside down top of our burner though. Sometimes those unfired firecrackers go off when you hit them with the lawnmower LOL.

Up until about 13 years ago all fireworks were illegal here in MN, Governor Jesse Ventura pushed to have them legalized as people were getting them from the Dakotas and Wisconsin and doing them anyway. A bill eventually passed the house and senate but it was chewed down to only legalizing the small stuff like sparklers, fountains no larger than 200g, cones, snakes and party poppers. Must be nonexplosive and or non-aerial. Since then, a bill would come up each year that would legalize all class C fireworks but it would usually fizzle or gain little traction. A few years ago, hope was reestablished when the size of the fountains was increased from a 200g max to a 500g max. The closest we got to getting all fireworks legalized was in 2012 when Governor Mark Dayton asked for a fireworks bill to reach his desk. He realized that many people were doing them anyway and all that tax money was leaving the state. A bill was worked up, passed the house and senate and landed on his desk. He didn't sign it right away as he was receiving input from the police chiefs, fire chiefs, hospitals, schools... saying that too many people would get hurt, there will be more fires and that we need to protect our troubled youth. So because of that, he vetoed it. Each year since then, a bill would come up in the house and senate but wouldn't gain any traction.

Hopefully next year.

This year, just about every other house was doing illegal fireworks, the guy across the street was doing some large mortars, probably the largest class C ones you can get.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:35 pm

Happy Independence Day Image110
This is how I spent most of the day. Out to a friends house for lunch and back. With my wife and all but one of my kids.
4th of July Flag 4th of July Flag 4th of July Flag 4th of July Flag 4th of July Flag 4th of July Flag 4th of July Flag 4th of July Flag 4th of July Flag 4th of July Flag 4th of July Flag 4th of July Flag
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum