Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

NFFS Cox Medallion .051 on ebay - Page 2 Cox_ba12

NFFS Cox Medallion .051 on ebay - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» need info on this
by lla Today at 10:30 am

» Post your Older books
by GallopingGhostler Today at 10:26 am

» Speed plane - Crispy but not too crispy
by GallopingGhostler Today at 10:23 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 9:00 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by rdw777 Today at 8:51 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Today at 8:30 am

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by rsv1cox Today at 6:23 am

» Three (only one left) Cox .020 silencers for sale.
by GallopingGhostler Today at 5:12 am

» *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -May 2024-
by Admin Today at 2:38 am

» S1 Ringmaster
by Onelife Yesterday at 8:40 am

» O&R 23 & Brown Jr
by getback Yesterday at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:31 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

NFFS Cox Medallion .051 on ebay - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

NFFS Cox Medallion .051 on ebay

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Thinking Built to be collectable?

Post  theaerosmith Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:36 am

The 051 Medallions were commissioned to make an engine available as a swap on a 1/2 A Nostalgia Gas FF to fly as A-Gas. NFFS guestimated maybe 300 engines would fill the need. The intent was for them to get FLOWN. It was apparent right away colllectors with money were trying to corner the market. I was getting orders for six to a dozen, but I limited any one buyer to three.

To say they were purpose-built to be collectable isn't true, in effect, that's pretty much how it went.

I've been pretty close to these engines and know of only ONE that got flown, a well-known freeflighter from Oregon.

Bob

There is a website dedicated to these engines.  Here it is:  http://www.theaerosmith.com

Personally, I wouldn't pay the premium asked for this engine.  It was purpose built to be a collectible and with rare exception never flew in an airplane.  For me, that takes the luster off the engine.  

Just saying. [/quote]
theaerosmith
theaerosmith
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

http://www.theaerosmith.com

Back to top Go down

Thinking and thanks for answering that quote also

Post  happydad Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:49 am

theaerosmith wrote:The 051 Medallions were commissioned to make an engine available as a swap on a 1/2 A Nostalgia Gas FF to fly as A-Gas.  NFFS guestimated maybe 300 engines would fill the need.  The intent was for them to get FLOWN.  It was apparent right away colllectors with money were trying to corner the market.  I was getting orders for six to a dozen, but I limited any one buyer to three.  

To say they were purpose-built to be collectable isn't true, in effect, that's pretty much how it went.

I've been pretty close to these engines and know of only ONE that got flown, a well-known freeflighter from Oregon.  

Bob

There is a website dedicated to these engines.  Here it is:  http://www.theaerosmith.com

Personally, I wouldn't pay the premium asked for this engine.  It was purpose built to be a collectible and with rare exception never flew in an airplane.  For me, that takes the luster off the engine.  

Just saying.
[/quote]

Bob: And thanks for clearing up the original purpose of the 300 NFFS engines. I was getting too tired to type and was going to try to answer this question tomorrow.
   Again thanks for your input.
   Happydad  RC Plane   Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang 4th of July Flag (Labor Day)
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Thinking Re: NFFS Cox Medallion .051 on ebay

Post  jsesere Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:08 am

Looks like it sold for $480.00 which is not a bad price considering I sold 3 of these earlier this year as a lot for $1200.00. To be on the safe side I contacted several trusted sources to confirm they were authentic including the guy who etched the serial numbers.
jsesere
jsesere
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Thinking The guy who etched the numbers

Post  happydad Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:24 am

jsesere wrote:Looks like it sold for $480.00 which is not a bad price considering I sold 3 of these earlier this year as a lot for $1200.00. To be on the safe side I contacted several trusted sources to confirm they were authentic including the guy who etched the serial numbers.

Actually he's not such a bad guy. And he lives within 30 miles of me. I hope to visit him some Saturday morning to visit his Free Flight Club. We have been getting to know each other lately. We are a lot alike.

happydad RC Plane Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Fireworks
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Thinking Re: NFFS Cox Medallion .051 on ebay

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2