Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Does anyone still have or ever flew a Cox Crusaider Stunt Trainer? Cox_ba12

Does anyone still have or ever flew a Cox Crusaider Stunt Trainer? Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Today at 4:08 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by GallopingGhostler Today at 3:58 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 3:56 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Today at 12:44 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Does anyone still have or ever flew a Cox Crusaider Stunt Trainer? Empty
Live on Patrol

Does anyone still have or ever flew a Cox Crusaider Stunt Trainer?

Go down

Does anyone still have or ever flew a Cox Crusaider Stunt Trainer? Empty Does anyone still have or ever flew a Cox Crusaider Stunt Trainer?

Post  coxcrusaider Tue May 17, 2016 10:56 am

I was going through my basement and I found an old Cox Crusaider Stunt Trainer. I don't hear too much about this plane and model. My dad only got it going once though and he didn't break it in properly. I just am wondering if anybody still has one or ran one at one point.
coxcrusaider
coxcrusaider

Back to top Go down

Does anyone still have or ever flew a Cox Crusaider Stunt Trainer? Empty Re: Does anyone still have or ever flew a Cox Crusaider Stunt Trainer?

Post  Mudhen Tue May 17, 2016 12:13 pm

Last edited by Mudhen on Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mudhen
Mudhen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Does anyone still have or ever flew a Cox Crusaider Stunt Trainer? Empty Re: Does anyone still have or ever flew a Cox Crusaider Stunt Trainer?

Post  coxcrusaider Tue May 17, 2016 1:52 pm

Ok interesting. Mine was before the 90s and the lines were so twisted I cut them at the d-handle and untwisted them onto a steel sanding block.
coxcrusaider
coxcrusaider

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Tue May 17, 2016 2:22 pm

That line is dacron. You can probably get something like it at the sewing and carpet section of somewhere like Michaels, Hobby Lobby, or maybe even Walmart. If you want to get serious with it, go ahead and get some fishing line that is braided gelspun polyethylene. Spiderwire, and Suffix are the brands I use. Spectra is the industry name for the exact Dupont(I think) product. It's hard to tie knots that won't slip, so look up how to tie it on YouTube. A Palomar knot is popular with the C/L crowd, and I think it's the AMA approved knot. Do not dot it with glue. If you use Dacron, pre stretch it before use. It's good to do a pull test anyway with the plane on the handle. Just making sure it won't take a side trip joy ride Lol. The old swirrely(sp.) green handles can break in flight. Ask me how I know.

Keep us posted.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  coxcrusaider Wed May 18, 2016 8:08 am

RknRusty wrote:That line is dacron. You can probably get something like it at the sewing and carpet section of somewhere like Michaels, Hobby Lobby, or maybe even Walmart. If you want to get serious with it, go ahead and get some fishing line that is braided gelspun polyethylene. Spiderwire, and Suffix are the brands I use. Spectra is the industry name for the exact Dupont(I think) product. It's hard to tie knots that won't slip, so look up how to tie it on YouTube. A Palomar knot is popular with the C/L crowd, and I think it's the AMA approved knot. Do not dot it with glue. If you use Dacron, pre stretch it before use. It's good to do a pull test anyway with the plane on the handle. Just making sure it won't take a side trip joy ride Lol. The old swirrely(sp.) green handles can break in flight. Ask me how I know.

Keep us posted.
Rusty

Oh. I have some braid on an ice reel that I am not using.  I will never use glue. Glue never works on metal. The only thing that keeps metal together is other metal. I used a taunt line hitch to attach the Dacron to the bar. I never could tie the Palomar knot but hey. What test line do you use because I might just ditch the old lines. The taunt line when the working end is pulled, tightens. It's a slip knot designed for securing loads.
coxcrusaider
coxcrusaider

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed May 18, 2016 8:21 am

Hey coxcrusaider 10-12 # should be OK to keep the weight down , here's one sold on the bay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cox-NASA-Crusader-Stunt-Trainer-MIB-never-removed-from-Box-049-Vintage-1977-/152043459077 wanted to see what it looked like COOL !! Eric RC Plane
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  coxcrusaider Thu May 19, 2016 12:31 pm

10-12. huh. I only have twenty but it weighs less than the 12lb monofilament.
coxcrusaider
coxcrusaider

Back to top Go down

Post  pkrankow Thu May 19, 2016 2:33 pm

20# Power Pro is what I run for lines with .049 engines. Bright high viz yellow can be had on ebay. The brown/tan color is easier to see in green grass than the green/black color. All three disappear in half dead grass though.

Pop onto AMA's site and in the documents is CL rules which specify the 5-turn uni-knot, doubled. They also do not list less than 20# lines for any purpose. The knot is easy, just follow the instructions (the instructions are in the Power Pro package too) Doubled just means to fold the end of the line over so there are two strands being tied as one.

To make lines identical tie one end of both lines, then stretch them out together and mark the lines. Include the mark in the knot. The lines should then be within 1/4 inch of each other. In reality within 1 inch is typically able to be adjusted for.

Phil
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down