Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Mini Speedster plans please. Cox_ba12

Mini Speedster plans please. Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» #Abortion pills in Dubai#+277-32027887 Abortion pills for sale in Dubai
by kasm Yesterday at 11:51 pm

» Original Box for P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer Value
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Yesterday at 5:40 pm

» Cox P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» thread measurements
by MauricioB Yesterday at 5:33 pm

» Cox Thompson Trophy Winner
by Jerry Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» COX 010 TeeDee with RC carb, courtesy sosam 117
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"
by fit90 Yesterday at 2:52 pm

» a cheap sport muffler
by robot797 Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» OS 10FSR Carb Needed
by Cougar 429 Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» AP .061 Hornet
by F4D Phantom II Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:01 pm

» dozens of old .049 TeeDee's, Medallions and a few others
by rsv1cox Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:46 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Mini Speedster plans please. Empty
Live on Patrol

Mini Speedster plans please.

Go down

Wanted Mini Speedster plans please.

Post  beck529 Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:40 pm

While searching the net I came across photos of a plane that is called a Mini Speedster. See the links below:

Mini Speedster plans please. Babe_on_cloth

I really like the looks of this. Would anyone have plans of it or one very similar?

Thanks
beck529
beck529
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: Mini Speedster plans please.

Post  beck529 Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:50 pm

Sorry guys. I am a new member and it won't let me post url.
I will be back in a week when it is permitted. OR do a search for C/L Speed Review. it is an Angelfire site. There is one photo near the top and another at the very bottom of the page.
beck529
beck529
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:46 pm

I have a photo.. is this the model? There's a little more info in this thread.. but nothing on plans. Paul Gibeault may be able to help.. as he's built a few.

https://www.coxengineforum.com/t6910-a-real-cool-speed-model?highlight=mini+speedster

Mini Speedster plans please. Babe_o10

Last edited by roddie on Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : found a thread I'd posted a few years ago)
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  beck529 Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:38 pm

Thanks roddie, That is the right plane.
I made a post on the old thread that interest of the plane has again surfaced here. It would be great if some more info showed up.

I am going to reveal some of my stupidity here. Please understand I have not been a control line speed or a 1/2A enthusiast. I have been away from control line planes for 45 years. I have flown a bit of RC since, but most of my exposure has been through my father. I am currently selling of his model airplane estate and came across some of my old stuff, including some Cox 049 motors and one 020. I found the posted photo of the Mini Speedster while looking for the value of an old CL Rat Racer that my father built about 60 years ago. I immediately thought, "Gotta have one" when I saw the photo. There is a 99% chance it will never be flown, just displayed.

Ok now some silly questions...

1) What are the 4 vertical bolts for just behind the motor? I'm guessing that there is an aluminum motor mount plate that has a T cross shape. Those bolts attach the motor plate to the fuselage? It appears the motor mount holes are outside the diameter of the fuselage.

2) If this is a British plane, that isn't an AMA decal? If not what is it?

3) If this is a 9" span version how long do you think the fuselage is? I'm guessing 11.5" to the end of the rudder and 12" to the end of the elevator? What about the wing cord? It would be less than 3" I think. 3" would be 1/3 of the wingspan. It looks a little less than 1/4 of the span to me??

4) Would this be made from all hard grade balsa?

5) Could someone explain the stitched hinge on the elevator. I expect there is a thread above and below and they cross at the hinge point?

6) Would the control horn be plywood, steel, or aluminum? What size lead out wire?

When you get used to 1/4 scale the smaller details like this get lost.
beck529
beck529
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:33 am

"Cerveja" (on the plastic bag) is Portuguese for beer, so my guess  for the location is either Brazil or Portugal Beer Cheers

I did stitched hinges like that once, there is some discussion about it in the end of my "Scorpion" trainer build thread (see page 2):

https://www.coxengineforum.com/t7820-scorpion-simple-trainer-build?highlight=Scorpion
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:23 am

Paul is from
Leduc, Alberta Canada he doesn't post that much and would be the one to answer most those questions since he is into the speed /// there are others here that will chime in I am sure so give it some time . WELCOME TO THE FORUM !! beck529 Babe Bee .049 Babe Bee .049 Babe Bee .049 Eric
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:33 am

Here are some other sites w/plans FREE to join  http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/hpa_plans/categories.php?cat_id=29&sessionid=adec20c6d8fa1e284aead273fc0860d4  AND http://www.outerzone.co.uk/ Babe Bee
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  beck529 Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:01 am

The plans for the Mini-Speedster are still available from AMA Plan Services. Plan # 29201. $3 for the plans.

I added another 'two-for-one plan' with them that looked 'racey'. It is a Shoestring and Little Mike half-a scale racer set. Those were from the Model Builder set #2794.

Total pricing to my door was $15.
beck529
beck529
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  mner49er Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:51 pm

Long time lurker, first time poster. Air Trails, Classic Flying Models, Fall/1979 pg.81Mini Speedster also has small drawing of take off dolly.
mner49er
mner49er

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:00 pm

DAMMIT! Man you been holden out on us and WELCOME TO THE FORUM!! Thanks mner49er you should repost this site in a new thread for others to share . Eric Thumbs Up
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:03 pm

KariFS wrote:"Cerveja" (on the plastic bag) is Portuguese for beer, so my guess  for the location is either Brazil or Portugal Beer Cheers

I did stitched hinges like that once, there is some discussion about it in the end of my "Scorpion" trainer build thread (see page 2):

https://www.coxengineforum.com/t7820-scorpion-simple-trainer-build?highlight=Scorpion

Paulgibeault wrote:Hi guys,

That photo was taken by me at an event in Portugal!  The model belongs to Vintage speed flier Salvi Angeloni of Italy. Among other things Salvi has produced a nice text book on the history of SuperTigre Engines.

What you're looking at is a British Vintage Class I speed model called the "Mini-Speedster". It flies a bit over 80 mph on 35' X .008" lines. Fuel is unlimited.
Vintage speed rules mandate that the engine (up to .051) & design used must have been produced before 1956. The ONLY Cox engine produced that meets the criteria is the Cox Babe Bee .049.  Vintage rules allow interchangeable parts if they screw on & off. In this case only the rule makers have allowed the use of the Cox Black Widow engine as they found there was so little participation in the event as it stood. The arguably best engine to use ( in this Class) is the Holland Hornet .051...but they are rather rare & relatively very expensive. It did win last years British Nats though. A Vintage 100% score in Class I was 80 mph, but now has been bumped up to ~ 85mph.
The original Mini-speedster is a 9" wingspan, but Vintage rules allows for increasing the planform size up to 30%. We've found the larger 12" spam model flies no slower than the original & allows a Black Widow engine to balance easier. Oddly enough both seem to fly at pretty much the same speed...
Salvi & I placed 3rd & 4th at last years British Nats with Cox powered Mini-Speedsters. I used to have more (better) photos until the computer upgrade... Sad 
( my Avatar photo was actually posed with Salvi who was cropped out)

p.s. One "oddball" characteristic of these tiny models is that on takeoff they must not have any up elevator input. Otherwise they will loop end over end. Even some down elevator initially on takeoff is quite desirable!
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down