Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Illinois Stunt Champs Allen Brickhaus Memorial...August 20 & 21 Cox_ba12

Illinois Stunt Champs Allen Brickhaus Memorial...August 20 & 21 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cox water wizard
by Mark Boesen Today at 9:10 am

» Speed plane - Crispy but not too crispy
by GallopingGhostler Today at 8:35 am

» Tired of it all…
by Coxfledgling Today at 7:23 am

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by getback Today at 6:29 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:53 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:36 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Yesterday at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:16 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Illinois Stunt Champs Allen Brickhaus Memorial...August 20 & 21 Empty
Live on Patrol

Illinois Stunt Champs Allen Brickhaus Memorial...August 20 & 21

Go down

Illinois Stunt Champs Allen Brickhaus Memorial...August 20 & 21 Empty Illinois Stunt Champs Allen Brickhaus Memorial...August 20 & 21

Post  Kim Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:02 pm

My dial-up service was too challenged load this as I relieved it, but I was able to copy the text and post it here. It's a little shuffled, but most of the content is included.

I'm planning on being there with my cameras, and figured there might be some guys who may be interested:

========================================================
Illinois Stunt Champs
Allen Brickhaus Memorial
AA Contest at McCracken County Model Air Park
Paducah, Kentucky: Sat. & Sun., August 20 and 21, 2016

Located just off of I-24 at either Exit 3 or Exit 4 just south of the Ohio River between Metropolis, Illinois and Paducah, Kentucky. Our sanction number is 68.
Three competition and one practice (well-manicured grass) circles will be available.

This traditional date contest will begin registration at 8:30 a.m. Saturday (16th) morning. Pilots’ meeting for OTS, Nostalgia 30, Profile (side mounted engines only), (Basic Flight, and Beginner 6 min. time limit) will happen at 9:00a.m with first flights at 9:30 a.m. Sunday (17th) will have Intermediate, Advanced, and Expert classes with registration at 8:00a.m. Pilots’ meeting will be at 8:30a.m. with their first flights at 9:00a.m. All events are JSO. Pilots are asked to fill out their own names and AMA numbers on score sheets and present them to the judges prior to each flight.

BOM will not be in affect; no appearance points will be awarded. Awards will be determined for Best OTS model, Best Nostalgia 30 model and Pilot’s Choice for PAMPA. Flyer must have built and finished his/her model to be eligible for any Concours award. ARF models are not eligible for any Concours awards. One B.A.R.F. award will be given to the highest scoring ARF model/pilot in PAMPA, also a Best Warbird flight on Sunday in PAMPA. A High Point Champion will be chosen upon results of Profile, OTS, Nostalgia 30, Intermediate, Advanced, and Expert. Entry fees: $15.00 for the first event, $10.00 for 2nd event. $25.00 allows pilot to fly any events with no extra cost. All Junior and Senior fly FREE. Awards will be given for the highest scoring Junior and Senior in the PAMPA events.

Contest Directors: #Charles Reeves, 8310 Moore Road, Paducah, KY 42001
Email at chasreeves@comcast.net
Phone: 270-554-9920
#Jim Lynch, 1249 West Perkins Road, Memphis, TN 38117
Email at stunt@bellsouth.net
Phone: 901-683-0492

Awards will be available for first, second and third place in each class. Please print out /read field/contest rules posted at the tabulation table area or at  HYPERLINK "http://www.paducahaeromodelers.com" www.paducahaeromodelers.com

Your proper AMA or similar association numbers or letters MUST be permanently affixed to the upper right wing, fuselage side, or rudder area of each model. ID numbers must be a minimum of 1” in height. SAFETY THONGS MUST BE USED PER AMA RULES.
Maps to the Paducah area and known hotel telephone numbers are listed on the next page of this flyer. The event is located on the “old land-fill” near the “current soccer fields”. I might suggest the Thrifty Inn for a stay at the contest.
Exit 3 on I-24
America’s Best
Value Inn
270-575-9605
Comfort Inn
270-442-1616
Super Eight
270-575-9605
Ramada Inn
270-442-4191

Fern Lake Camping
270-444-7939

Exit 4 on I-24
Motel Six
270-443-3672
Courtyard
270-442-3600
Drury Suites
 270-441-0024
Drury Inn
270-443-3313

Thrifty Inn
270-444-0157

Holiday Inn Express
270-442-8874
Days Inn
270-442-7500
Pear Tree Inns
270-444-7200
Comfort Suites
270-442-2080
Hampton Inn Suites
270-442-0200
Country Inn Suites
270-442-2201
Candlewood Suites
270-442-3969

Directions: http://www.paducahaeromodelers.com/directions.html
GPS coordinates: 37o 05.413' N and 088o 39.928'

2016 WKSI local flight rules
We are few, (control liners) in the Paducah Aero Modelers
We cannot continue our contest without outside help
We appreciate all who help us and volunteer to assist
The local way of accomplishing this contest may be different than yours
We have plenty of fast food places within two miles.
We will have extra water, please drink plenty of it. Donations accepted
Please use trash bags provided
Each circle has a pull tester, help each other use it properly
If lines do not come off, you do not have to pull test again that day
Please fill out your own scoring sheets with your name and AMA number
Fold all your sheets and keep them in your right or left back pockets
Hand-deliver sheets to judges prior to flight
Allows assurance of correct flyer and name on score sheets
Our judges encourage the brief visit
Your launcher can also bring the sheets to the judges
Tabulators are volunteers, do not harass them
If there are problems, come to me to resolve any issue, or politely ask for a recount on #’s
You have three attempts for two official flights, best flight wins
Any ties will be settled by the second flight score
All take-offs include the one lap slow rise to level flight plus two level flights
Then you will have two more laps prior to your second maneuver; go six laps to be sure
OTS must use a hand signal after the third lap
OTS flight is official when the climb and dive are accomplished
Basic Flight is official when the maneuver after the take-off is done
Beginner is official when the wingover is complete
Int., Adv. and Exp. flights are official when the model is inverted during the wingover
Level flight is judged perpendicular to the earth’s axis
Due to unleveled ground, bottoms can be judged from
five foot from the ground, or five foot from level flight, inform judges
If the wind changes and judges cannot move to the needed spot on the circle, the judges are encouraged to allow the flyer the best “call” the judge can make
Although we work hard on the field surface, any take-off or landing problems should be in the pilot’s favor if the surface seems to be at fault
Basic Flight and Beginner have a six-minute time limit as published
Safety thongs must be worn on all flights
Do not take handle out of YOUR hand prior to the model landing roll-out and stop
Models must have the pilot’s AMA number, no less than one inch in height, affixed to the upper outboard wing, to the rudder, or the fuselage side. We have masking tape and magic markers available for each pilot.
We will have an Olympic Stand picture session with all three top pilots in each class.
Thanks to those who traveled so far to fly at the WKSI
Please check your scores soon after your flight(s). We can re-calculate at the site.
Once the Olympic Stand pictures are taken, the scores stand as they are with NO changes. Hotel info on next page.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Illinois Stunt Champs Allen Brickhaus Memorial...August 20 & 21 Empty Re: Illinois Stunt Champs Allen Brickhaus Memorial...August 20 & 21

Post  Marleysky Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:21 am

Kim, thanks for taking the time to download and post. I found the flyer both informative and funny.  I followed the link to the Paducah aero molders site and read their latest newsletter. I did not find any additional information on this event, although they are going to have face painting and are looking for additional volunteers. ( I wonder if they do classic "nose art" or just HelloKitty and tigers?) I also found in the upcoming events a fly in sorta near you. It was on 6/23 - 6/26.....don't know if you were able to make your road trip a "trifecta" of Small, Sig and the Cape?
6/23/2016 - 6/26/2016 -- Cape Girardeau, MO (C) 5TH ANNUAL MID-AMERICA FLY-LOW-IN. Site: 441 Gizmo Ln.
It looks to me the author of the flyer copied and pasted the dates and rules from another event, as I was confused on the dates listed as Aug 20 & 21 in the header, and Saturday the 16th and Sunday the 17th in the body of the text.

Last edited by Marleysky on Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edit)
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Illinois Stunt Champs Allen Brickhaus Memorial...August 20 & 21 Empty Re: Illinois Stunt Champs Allen Brickhaus Memorial...August 20 & 21

Post  Kim Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:59 am

Yeah...shows how much I proof read stuff before forwarding it! I'll give Charlie a call this evening, but I'm sure it's as you figured, a copy of their previous flyer/rules.

I had some other stuff going on during the Cape club's fly-in, but may get out there for the next one. Hoping for some reasonable temperatures for the Paducah contest, as I'm gonna try to take my Uncle Wayne over to check it out...

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:40 pm

You get Unk Wayne's butt on over there to enjoy some good time UC Fun !! 4th of July Flag I read some of the rules and they are different no doubt , but it ;'s all in a day of fun fling things with the hobby . Eric Laughing
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down