Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Reliving my childhood with a very rare and totally undesirable yellow head Babe Bee Cox_ba12

Reliving my childhood with a very rare and totally undesirable yellow head Babe Bee Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by MauricioB Today at 10:11 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by F4D Phantom II Today at 8:33 pm

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Today at 7:51 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 7:09 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Today at 6:58 pm

» I break for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Today at 6:38 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by Ken Cook Today at 6:27 pm

» Ball - Socket Joints
by Ken Cook Today at 3:06 pm

» A little nostalgia…
by MauricioB Today at 2:32 pm

» A new useful transport vehicle
by davidll1984 Today at 10:32 am

» TAPLIN TWIN 7ccm
by grant.symes Today at 3:29 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Today at 12:09 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Reliving my childhood with a very rare and totally undesirable yellow head Babe Bee Empty
Live on Patrol

Reliving my childhood with a very rare and totally undesirable yellow head Babe Bee

Go down

Reliving my childhood with a very rare and totally undesirable yellow head Babe Bee Empty Reliving my childhood with a very rare and totally undesirable yellow head Babe Bee

Post  rsv1cox Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:03 am

Not sure why I did it, never ever even occured to me to do so, but I had this left-over yellow paint from repairing wing tip damage to my tree-finding Baby Ringmaster.  Happened about three years ago on Ringmaster fly-em day and I'm just getting around to it.  Something I may have done when I was nine or ten.......maybe.  

Reliving my childhood with a very rare and totally undesirable yellow head Babe Bee P1017460

Reliving my childhood with a very rare and totally undesirable yellow head Babe Bee P1017459

A clone to the real thing.  Flown and rebuilt at least three times.  Built and first flown sometime in the mid 70's.  My son flew it on Ringmaster day with better results than I had with the clone.  

Reliving my childhood with a very rare and totally undesirable yellow head Babe Bee P1017458
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Reliving my childhood with a very rare and totally undesirable yellow head Babe Bee Empty Re: Reliving my childhood with a very rare and totally undesirable yellow head Babe Bee

Post  Greenman38633 Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:20 am

I’m liking it.
Greenman38633
Greenman38633
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Reliving my childhood with a very rare and totally undesirable yellow head Babe Bee Empty Re: Reliving my childhood with a very rare and totally undesirable yellow head Babe Bee

Post  rdw777 Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:46 am

Would be nice if we could figure how to anodize the aluminum Cox heads for a little extra bling….Might be fun to look into….
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:04 pm

Well, thanks a lot!  Huh...  Huh...  Huh...  Shocked  Shocked  
Now, I go to give this a try!!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:31 pm

Smile Smile

Every now and then (most of the time) I try to inject a little humor into the forum......... Smile

But, I do like the anodizing option (David I believe does this).  However, were I serious I would have gone out to the garage and got High Engine Heat red and sprayed it.  I have done that, Wen Macs & McCoy's mostly but only if the original anodization was faded.

I have to say, didn't turn out too bad.

Reliving my childhood with a very rare and totally undesirable yellow head Babe Bee P1017462

One of MECOA's Cox glow head protective caps and a length of tubing provided thread and contact point protection for the Cox head.

Also, to save another thread..........I'm trying Levents cure for yellowing decals.  I got these with the FireBaby engine with Spitfire accessories.  Not sure if it will work as along with yellowing it's also a trifle moldy.  Maybe sun exposure will fix both.......... Glass is from my daughters old TV console, still doing service......

Reliving my childhood with a very rare and totally undesirable yellow head Babe Bee P1017463
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down