Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Black Hawk Models Cox_ba12

Black Hawk Models Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:26 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:14 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Black Hawk Models Empty
Live on Patrol

Black Hawk Models

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Black Hawk Models Empty Black Hawk Models

Post  RK Flyer Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:13 pm

Has anyone tried to order from B.H. lately? I ordered from their website on Sun. and called today & I can't get any response from them . No conformation , just leave your # and they will call>>>>>Sooo I guess I'll wait & see.

RK Flyer
RK Flyer
RK Flyer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Black Hawk Models Empty Re: Black Hawk Models

Post  Oldenginerod Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:03 am

Are you calling the old Blackhawk in the U.S. or the new Blackhawk in Canada?
I just got an email newsletter from them today and downloaded they new catalogue.

Rod.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  RK Flyer Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:13 am

Rod, What is the new contact # or link to the new web site , maybe I have the old info.
RK Flyer
RK Flyer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  JPvelo Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:25 am

The new company is based in Scottsdale, Az. Manufacturing is in Canada. The owner was at the Phoenix contest last weekend handing out print catalogues. I'll check for contact info later and post pics of the catalogue if I have time.

Jim
JPvelo
JPvelo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:06 am

As far as I know ( long time customer with Larry Rice original company)
This is the current new company web link
http://blackhawkmodels.com/

and phone numbers

Please call Black Hawk Models at (519)688-1200 or Fax 1-(226) 270-0213 for information or just let us know what you think. You can Email us for Retail and Sales at Sales@BlackHawkModels.com Dealer and Distributor at Dealer@BlackHawkModels.com and for any questions or information at info@BlackHawkModels.com
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RK Flyer Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:17 am

OK! I just had a call from Todd at Black Hawk Models (519-688-1200) and he said they are still in the process of setting up and they should be ready to confirm orders sometime next week. They do have the order I sent on Sunday to the website so that is cleared up, and they will be shipping from the U.S. to save on the shipping charge.

RK Flyer
RK Flyer
RK Flyer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Black Hawk Models Empty Hobby King blow out

Post  Marleysky Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:37 pm

Found a post on facebook, guy said the US warehouse of Hobby King was selling Black Hawk model for 9.99.  The facebook line took me to some kid named hobby king facebook page, bah.  Went to google p, found Hobby King and after a few hours of searching found and bought one of these:
Black Hawk Models Phantom MK XV Control Line Balsa 533mm (Kit)

Black Hawk Models Img_0010

Shipping was a bit steep $14/Post office , $9/ FedEx ground. Tried to find something else to add to order, but got tired of navigating thru that web site.
Anyway, for anyone who likes balsa log construction kits.....here's a cheep one for ya!!

My Gilbert's don't have those cool "dual exhausts"....thought I might try my new Russian norvel with that huge aluminum head!!

Last edited by Marleysky on Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Describing)
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:53 am

Marleysky wrote:Found a post on facebook, guy said the US warehouse of Hobby King was selling Black Hawk model for 9.99.  The facebook line took me to some kid named hobby king facebook page, bah.  Went to google p, found Hobby King and after a few hours of searching found and bought one of these:
Black Hawk Models Phantom MK XV Control Line Balsa 533mm (Kit)

Shipping was a bit steep $14/Post office , $9/ FedEx ground. Tried to find something else to add to order, but got tired of navigating thru that web site.
Anyway, for anyone who likes balsa log construction kits.....here's a cheep one for ya!!

My Gilbert's don't have those cool "dual exhausts"....thought I might try my new Russian norvel with that huge aluminum head!!

Sold out.  But they do have the Army Scout model in stock for the same price, very simple though.

Last month I tried to order another Mosquito kit from BHM and placed the purchase price in their Paypal account which was never recovered by them so I cancelled the order after a couple of weeks.  Too bad, in my opinion they make a great product at a reasonable price.  Hopefully they will get back on track.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:33 pm

Hobby King website shows the Phantom at $13.07 AUD, although out of stock. A little while ago, when in stock, they were $26 AUD, an absolute steal. I tried to order one but was told there were "no shipping options to your location from this warehouse". I've wanted one of these for a very long time, mainly because the picture looks so cool with the Gilbert, which I would plan to use.
I'll be keeping a close eye on them. If the price stays that low ($60 below normal cost) I might be looking for someone Stateside to help me get one if they continue to refuse delivery.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Black Hawk Models Empty BLACK HAWK MODELS

Post  Eddy Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:35 pm

I know this is an older thread on Black Hawk Models, just wondering if the new owners ever got up and running? The last information that I could find at their Facebook site was from 2017 or 2018 and nothing since. Over on RC Groups site, there was a thread on Black Hawk, but it to died a few years ago. It would be a shame that if the guys that bought out Larry Rice, just up and quit along with all the tooling and plans to put these kits together. Knowing that there may not be a lot of money generated to pay the bills, it would make sense that Black Hawk would be better off under the umbrella of say BJM or even Brodak. It just seems such a waste if all of Walter's model design's just disappeared, when there might be still an interest in them. I know that there is much interest and discussion in our control line club going on right now to hold a Musciano meet next summer. I have been fortunate over the years, to have collected a number of the Scientific Plans to build from scratch. I was just wondering if the Black Hawk models was even in business, it sure don't look like they are. Eddy
Eddy
Eddy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:58 pm

I bet BH is gone the way of the dodo bird.

Mountain Models is for sale too. My order from Willy Nillies on 10-02 hasn’t shipped yet. A post in the 1/2A forum on RC Groups states emails to them have gone unanswered. Not sure what’s going on there. Maybe balsa wood is unobtanium or COVID.

Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:27 pm

Jason_WI wrote:I bet BH is gone the way of the dodo bird.

Mountain Models is for sale too. My order from Willy Nillies on 10-02 hasn’t shipped yet. A post in the 1/2A forum on RC Groups states emails to them have gone unanswered. Not sure what’s going on there. Maybe balsa wood is unobtanium or COVID.

Willie-Nilly's Just got back to his office after spending time at the SMALL meet in Ark. Hey, Ya can't knock a guy for having FUN in the hobby for a few days. I'll second that fact that BH Models is gone.
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:31 pm

Eddy,

Sorry to say BJM is out of business also. There was a post a few weeks back on StuntHanger regarding his demise. His website also says as much.

RSV1 Bob, and fellow Mosquito builder. Shoot me a PM with your email. I can't provide a kit, but I did trace mine before building. Yep, I know...three years too late! If I did build another, it would have upright engines and tanks on top of the wings. Yeah, that kills the profile. But it sure would be easier running upright engines!

Black Hawk closing stinks! I keep my eye open on eBay...not for the log models, but the other offerings. Musciano's Scientific Challenger was reproduced by BHM. My open-stock low serial number copy was bought second hand for just over BHM retail price...just like dirt, BHM isn't made anymore. I traced each of my Black Hawk kits for later builds or repairs. Sigh!

Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:20 am

I agree Eddy , looks like someone with interest would have taking over Small Cox Logo Airplane I have a couple or three models in boxes still , wish i had kept the two i sold Rolling Eyes
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:38 am

Breaks my heart to know that BHM is out of business, more for those that will never know the quality and attention to detail built into these fine kits than for myself. My building days are about over, not because the desire isn't there I just have way to many built models laying around that I will never get to fly. Frees these three sealed kits for future generations to build and enjoy.

Pictures tell the story, rolled up plans, perfectly cut balsa, metal pieces not just thrown into the box but carefully fixed to a backing with appropriate warning, wheel kits with collets, individually packets (and sealed) balsa pieces. Even the cowls are restrained with paper ribbons fixed to the box.

Black Hawk Models P1010529
Black Hawk Models P1010531
Black Hawk Models P1010530
Black Hawk Models P1010532
Black Hawk Models P1010533
Black Hawk Models P1010534

Still in one piece Jim. Smile Only because as I have said before, I'm to chicken to fly it. I saved my Mosquito plans but am sending you my email just to see what you have.

Black Hawk Models P1010535

Just a couple of my hangar queens.

Black Hawk Models P1010536
Black Hawk Models P1010537

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddy Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:38 am

RSV, that is a sweet "Scientific Cyclone" you have hanging. I really loved that plane, it was the first plane I looped in a Kroger grocery parking lot too many years ago. I have the plans for it, and have always wanted to build it again to fly. Nice collection of Walters planes. Seems that there is still an interest in the hollow log kits today, still have an original Golden Hawk in the kit, but the decals are all yellowed and cracked, another future project. Eddy
Eddy
Eddy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:48 am

Eddy wrote:RSV, that is a sweet "Scientific Cyclone" you have hanging. I really loved that plane, it was the first plane I looped in a Kroger grocery parking lot too many years ago. I have the plans for it, and have always wanted to build it again to fly. Nice collection of Walters planes. Seems that there is still an interest in the hollow log kits today, still have an original Golden Hawk in the kit, but the decals are all yellowed and cracked, another future project. Eddy

Me too Eddy. still have my original Cyclone plans built from a Musciano kit many years ago.  Probably the best hollow log flyer that I ever put into the air.  

Black Hawk Models Cyclon11

Black Hawk Models Cyclon12

Black Hawk Models P1010538

I eventually crashed it but saved the pilot. He's around someplace but I haven't seen him in years.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  OhBee Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:35 pm

Yep!...Having a blast getting back into this after several decades!Black Hawk Models 20201013
OhBee
OhBee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:00 am

Looking Good OhBee Kit? Pumpkin
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddy Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:26 pm

getback, It looks like rsv1 might be building the Black Hawk Wizard. I've never seen one, but it should be an excellent stunter, with a wing span of 24 in. an wing area of 168 in. Looking for the plans as of right now. Eddy
Eddy
Eddy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  OhBee Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:38 pm

Yep ...old Blackhawk Wizard kit!Black Hawk Models 20201016
OhBee
OhBee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:00 pm

Nice OB. I don't have a BH Wizard but do have an air floater in foam by I think the same name.

Got a Stinson, Thunderbird, Golden Hawk, and the Lockheed Electra. If I build one (doubtful- built up wing) it would be the Electra, box already broken into. Got a matched pair of Cox TD's or Black Widows to power it with. All I need is courage and motivation. All tied up in this stuff right now.

Black Hawk Models P1010539
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  OhBee Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:18 pm

Ya...took me awhile to get up the courage and motivation myself!
OhBee
OhBee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddy Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:04 pm

rsv1, looks like you'r into trains. Not sure what you have apart there, but looks like you'r having fun. My older brother had trains that he gave to me many years ago, along with his #8 1/2 Gilbert Erector set. The American Flyer, City of Denver has a cast diesel body with 3 stamped steel passenger cars, a baggage car that has a mechanical whistle in it. It is O gauge, but because of the baggage car, the set runs on special 4 rail instead of the normal 3 rail, so the the whistle can blow. I was told that this was a one year only set from 1936. There is also an American Flyer steam engine set. # 427, with a 2-6-4 wheel, and a cast Vanderbilt Tender, with several rolling stock cars. This set has the automatic link pin coupler along with, 4 un-coupler tracks sections and several switches.. Back in the 80's when my two oldest sons were young, we would set the train sets up in the basement, and they would play with them for days on end. One of my sons and I built this big "walking Beam Steam Engine" from the Erector Set. He took it to school for a science project, and it ended up that half the school heard about his engine he built and watched him operate it. Stuff like this just isn't made anymore, thank the age of TV, computers, and cell phones for doing away with all this. Eddy
Eddy
Eddy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:03 am

Eddy wrote:getback, It looks like rsv1 might be building the Black Hawk Wizard. I've never seen one, but it should be an excellent stunter, with a wing span of 24 in. an wing area of 168 in. Looking for the plans as of right now. Eddy  
** OhBee has the plans there maybe he can get out the house and make a set or two and send them for a decent price ,, Hint hint I wouldn't mind a set myself . Pumpkin This Site Rocks!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next