Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Sig Control Line Handle Dimensions Wanted Cox_ba12

Sig Control Line Handle Dimensions Wanted Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Joe Wagners Sioux
by Ken Cook Today at 7:35 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by rsv1cox Today at 6:26 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Today at 4:16 pm

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by MauricioB Today at 3:43 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 12:27 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 8:14 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Today at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Yesterday at 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Sig Control Line Handle Dimensions Wanted Empty
Live on Patrol

Sig Control Line Handle Dimensions Wanted

Go down

Sig Control Line Handle Dimensions Wanted Empty Sig Control Line Handle Dimensions Wanted

Post  NEW222 Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:17 pm

Hi there. I really like the looks of the Sig Control Line handle and do not have one. But I was fortunate enough to find a good picture online that I can use as a template. The only thing is that I do not have any dimensions given, so with that, this is why I am here. Does anybody here happen to have one laying around that you could please possibly give me dimensions of. I have a program to make it to size, just that I would require something to measure. I feel the best dimensions to use and are easily accessible would be those of either 'A-A, B-B, or C-C'. Or even if possible, the flats from top to bottom where the line winds on. Anyways, thank you in advance.

P.S. This is cross posted on another site so it may look familiar.

Sig Control Line Handle Dimensions Wanted Sig_cl10
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Sig Control Line Handle Dimensions Wanted Empty Re: Sig Control Line Handle Dimensions Wanted

Post  Cribbs74 Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:44 pm

The handle only costs $5-6. Your time has got to be worth more than that right? You might be better off building the Renger 1/2A handle. Or buying one it's only $10
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Sig Control Line Handle Dimensions Wanted Empty Re: Sig Control Line Handle Dimensions Wanted

Post  NEW222 Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:09 pm

Got the info I needed thanks.

NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:15 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:The handle only costs $5-6. Your time has got to be worth more than that right? You might be better off building the Renger 1/2A handle. Or buying one it's only $10

Yes, I know it is a relatively inexpensive handle, and I have a Renger 1/2a handle here too. I am just finished a good portion of projects and am now trying to enjoy building different 1/2a control line handles in the evenings and free time. I have enough planes to destroy to make room, I mean fly and learn aerobatics on, and it is too cold and there is not not enough room in the garage to ply with my little Cox engines (my run bench is being weathered outside still too). Got my fishing stuff in order, so thought I wanted to build a few handles. This will be number four overall, and number three in the past couple weeks. Just like to tinker around.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:30 pm

Fair enough!
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:01 am

Here you go:

Sig Control Line Handle Dimensions Wanted Handle10
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:46 pm

Thank you. I guess it is safe to say that I now have exactly what I need. Thank you.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Sig Control Line Handle Dimensions Wanted Empty RE: Sig Control line handle

Post  66 Malibu Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:14 pm

Checked the Sig website and apparently all C/L seems to be gone including the Cool Sig C/L starter kit.
It had the plastic handle, bottle of fuel, line material, and battery wires/ glow plug connector.
I got a NIB kit at a closing LHS and should have gotten the last one but the fuel bottle in it leaked and ruined the kit , the shelf and some other model kits. A big mess but looking back I still should have gotten it too..
66 Malibu
66 Malibu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:34 pm

Chancey, at the risk of giving redundant info...

Line-spacing A to A is 3.5", B to B is 2.25" and C to C is 1.0". The "tab" for the lines is 4" wide The radius on the 4 finger-grips is 1.125" (overlapped) within a 3.75" wide grip-spacing. The flats for line-storage are spaced 4.5" apart. Overall measurements are 4.75" x 2.812". The thickness is 3/8" at the grips and around the perimeter.

Check your bellcranks for their line-spacing.. (or one's you plan to obtain) to consider the option of a 1:1 ratio with the handle's line-spacing.

I love when people make their own handles! I haven't tried yet.. but someday I will. Best of luck with yours Chancey!
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:48 pm

roddie wrote:Chancey, at the risk of giving redundant info...

Line-spacing A to A is 3.5", B to B is 2.25" and C to C is 1.0". The "tab" for the lines is 4" wide The radius on the 4 finger-grips is 1.125" (overlapped) within a 3.75" wide grip-spacing. The flats for line-storage are spaced 4.5" apart. Overall measurements are 4.75" x 2.812". The thickness is 3/8" at the grips and around the perimeter.

Check your bellcranks for their line-spacing.. (or one's you plan to obtain) to consider the option of a 1:1 ratio with the handle's line-spacing.

I love when people make their own handles! I haven't tried yet.. but someday I will. Best of luck with yours Chancey!

Thank you very much for your time and help. It is greatly appreciated. I will post pictures once I get underway. If it warms up even a bit this weekend, I will probably start on it.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down