Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C Cox_ba12

All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by 1/2A Nut Today at 9:06 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by F4D Phantom II Today at 8:05 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 7:26 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Today at 7:04 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by HalfaDave Today at 6:55 pm

» Norvel Needle Needed
by Greenman38633 Today at 5:36 pm

» World's largest weathervane
by Cox International Today at 3:38 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Today at 1:30 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Today at 11:34 am

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by rdw777 Today at 9:17 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 8:21 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:29 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C Empty
Live on Patrol

All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C Empty All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C

Post  MauricioB Tue May 30, 2017 10:44 pm

Hi everyone, I have several projects in mind, I decided to ask if anyone of you ever ARM the ACE R / C ALL STAR ??.
I plan to use a .20 FS 4T OS for this model.
I took these two photos of the internet to graph the engine and the model of which I speak.
Any experience?

I will see which model (project) I decide! ??Paranoid

All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C 135510
All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C Eg486710
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C Empty Re: All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C

Post  fit90 Wed May 31, 2017 7:47 am

That is a great little plane! I used to have one back in the 1980's. I flew is on an OS 10 FP. I have a kit sitting in my garage along with a NIB K&B .20 sportster. I think the FS 20 would be a great match as long aas it is not too heavy. It would sure sound good and definitely add to the enjoyment of the little bipe. At least I think it would. Good luck with this project. I bet it will be a fun one.
fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Wed May 31, 2017 9:01 am

ditto, i built one as well, two channel and tee dee, quickly added throttle and Fuji .099, a decent .10 is about about max, CG and torque would be tuff.
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed May 31, 2017 7:42 pm

Took a look over here to see what w/s is 34" ?  http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/hpa_forum/index.php?topic=13170.0  This is nice !!  All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C Foto0010
Looks nice to me and would make a good flier !! Cool
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Wed May 31, 2017 8:35 pm

I would be cautious if putting any larger than a .15 two-stroke in the Ace All-Star bipe Mauricio. All may be fine.. if you don't fly the model aggressively. The wing-struts (as designed) will be the weak-link, if you apply too much power/torque. I watched a man have his wing "fold".. during a torque-roll.. while flying one. While his engine was larger than a .20.. it was not a 4-stroke.

I also have the kit.  and the OS .10 FP-RC that I bought for it, NIB.

All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C Ace_al12
All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C Os_10_10

I have no RC flight experience.. but I knew that I wanted that combo for "some day" after learning to fly with a trainer. Smile
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Wed May 31, 2017 9:35 pm

fit90 wrote:That is a great little plane! I used to have one back in the 1980's. I flew is on an OS 10 FP. I have a kit sitting in my garage along with a NIB K&B .20 sportster. I think the FS 20 would be a great match as long aas it is not too heavy. It would sure sound good and definitely add to the enjoyment of the little bipe. At least I think it would. Good luck with this project. I bet it will be a fun one.

Hello fit90, thanks for your contribution and opinion, I have searched material on youtube to see it fly and there is not too much, or else I have not found much as I expected.
I stand a nice model and I have pending this project. I am deciding if I make a model for Cox 0.049 or I throw myself with this .... I have not decided yet.
When I have it resolved I will surely share here in the forum the experiences.
And you are not going to put together yours ??? Wink
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Wed May 31, 2017 9:38 pm

Mark Boesen wrote:ditto, i built one as well, two channel and tee dee, quickly added throttle and Fuji .099, a decent .10 is about about max, CG and torque would be tuff.

Thanks Mark, so you armo one of two channels !, I have the intention if I set mine to do it of 4 channels ..... we will see that it turns out!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Wed May 31, 2017 9:45 pm

getback wrote:Took a look over here to see what w/s is 34" ?  http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/hpa_forum/index.php?topic=13170.0  This is nice !!  All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C Foto0010
Looks nice to me and would make a good flier !! Cool

Hello, my friend, this colleague has enjoyed it. I take the decision, (successful for me) to put ailerons, that is very appropriate to fully enjoy in flight.
Thank you for your collaboration, I am still undecided .... (I like many models!), I will finally see what I decide! .... Beer Cheers
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Wed May 31, 2017 9:59 pm

roddie wrote:I would be cautious if putting any larger than a .15 two-stroke in the Ace All-Star bipe Mauricio. All may be fine.. if you don't fly the model aggressively. The wing-struts (as designed) will be the weak-link, if you apply too much power/torque. I watched a man have his wing "fold".. during a torque-roll.. while flying one. While his engine was larger than a .20.. it was not a 4-stroke.

I also have the kit.  and the OS .10 FP-RC that I bought for it, NIB.

All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C Ace_al12
All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C Os_10_10

I have no RC flight experience.. but I knew that I wanted that combo for "some day" after learning to fly with a trainer. Smile

Hello Roddie, my friend, so you have it as a project too.
If you do not have experience in Radio Control, take some time with a coach and in a couple of months you will fly !, you have to have a model to learn and an instructor who has the will to teach you and above all else.
There you have a coach that I would say, has traveled the world, is the Eagle II by Carl Goldberg, a phenomenal model, quiet and very docile to learn to fly.
Incidentally one of my friends is learning and in his hands has the Eagle II.
Returning to the All Star model, I have a .10 FP OS, it is a very noble engine, it works very well in all ranges, so it is appropriate to place a biplane in a reliable engine, since they are more critical at the time Of the glide in case the engine stops - stop.
Do you plan to do it 4 channels?, Ideally would put ailerons! ...
All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C Eagle10

MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  fit90 Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:44 am

MauricioB wrote:
fit90 wrote:That is a great little plane! I used to have one back in the 1980's. I flew is on an OS 10 FP. I have a kit sitting in my garage along with a NIB K&B .20 sportster. I think the FS 20 would be a great match as long aas it is not too heavy. It would sure sound good and definitely add to the enjoyment of the little bipe. At least I think it would. Good luck with this project. I bet it will be a fun one.

Hello fit90, thanks for your contribution and opinion, I have searched material on youtube to see it fly and there is not too much, or else I have not found much as I expected.
I stand a nice model and I have pending this project. I am deciding if I make a model for Cox 0.049 or I throw myself with this .... I have not decided yet.

Hi Mauricio,

Definitely go four channel! I can not imagine flying the all star without four channels. The struts are definitely the weak link for this plane. I remember making the cabane struts out of a thicker and better wood for this reason. My All-Star is on my list of projects. In all honesty, it will probably be a couple years before I ge to it. Please do share your project if you choose to do it. I am sure you will enjoy it immensely.

Bob
fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:38 pm

idk, three channels and a decent .10 size engine will do about anything you want (i did use expo and a ton of throw) axial rolls would be somewhat tighter with ailerons, but other than that i don't see advantage.
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  fit90 Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:50 pm

I loved mine on four channels. I built it with no dihedral. It would do super axial aileron rolls, over 360 degrees/second. It was very tough to keep up with them.
fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:29 pm

fit90 wrote:
MauricioB wrote:

Hi Mauricio,

Definitely go four channel! I can not imagine flying the all star without four channels. The struts are definitely the weak link for this plane. I remember making the cabane struts out of a thicker and better wood for this reason. My All-Star is on my list of projects. In all honesty, it will probably be a couple years before I ge to it. Please do share your project if you choose to do it. I am sure you will enjoy it immensely.

Bob

Hi Bob, yes, if I decide to do it, I'm going to put ailerons on it, since I like acrobatics and lately I've been working on small models, reforming or adapting them to fulfill the function I want.
It is very nice to agree ailerons and steering rudder for the turns, everything is much more linear and neat when the model with basic controls, I call basic controls to: ailerons, depth, rudder and engine, ie 4 channels .
The photos of these small models that I leave here, originally and according to the plane, do not have ailerons, however I decided at the time to incorporate them and in all cases was correct that decision, since you can see the result in the flights.

Model Falcon Jr, originally does not have ailerons, I incorporate them.All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C Dsc00115
All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C Dsc00311
All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C Dsc00312

Model Snark, originally does not bring spoilers, I incorporate them.
All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C Foto0810
All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C Foto0811

Model AMA PT 0.010, originally does not have ailerons, I incorporate them.
All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C Dsc02038

Model AMA PT 0.020, originally does not bring spoilers, I incorporate them.All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C Fhd00010

Model Baronnet refurbished 0.020, originally does not bring spoilers, I incorporate them.All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C Dsc02122

Model Baronnet refurbished 0.049, originally does not bring spoilers, I incorporate them.All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C Dsc02322
All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C Dsc02323

Friend Bob, it will be a pleasure to share here with you and the guys the ALL STAR set up, in case you decide to do it! Wink
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:44 pm

fit90 wrote:I loved mine on four channels. I built it with no dihedral. It would do super axial aileron rolls, over 360 degrees/second. It was very tough to keep up with them.
yep, i can see it if built with a flat wing...hmm, lol, now you got me thinking, maybe electric conversion?
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:59 pm

Mark Boesen wrote:
fit90 wrote:I loved mine on four channels. I built it with no dihedral. It would do super axial aileron rolls, over 360 degrees/second. It was very tough to keep up with them.
yep, i can see it if built with a flat wing...hmm, lol, now you got me thinking, maybe electric conversion?

Hello Mark, I was liling your order for Bob, personally I like the engines to explode, they are part of the seduction of the flight, at least that's what happens to me.
Electric I prefer them for foamys, as in this case I have manufactured and painted Thumbs Up :

All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C Dsc04810
All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C Dsc04910

MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:50 pm

Hi Mauricio! Thanks for posting some photos of your models! They're beautiful!
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:51 pm

roddie wrote:Hi Mauricio! Thanks for posting some photos of your models! They're beautiful!

Roddie !, thanks for your comment, I'm so glad you like them, they are armed with a lot of love and passion, so they are my "treasures".
It would be very nice to know that you have started the instructions for radio control, I think you will love learning to fly a model to radio control and take it in flight by any place, to your liking and making in heaven the maneuver that you like.
I would love to be able to teach you, since you were very attentive to me since we made contact for the first time .... anyway I do not discard it, that's where you come to visit my country and we take a crash course! Hahaha...
I gave instruction to a few people, children and great, so from my experience I say that if you find someone who has the will to teach you learn quickly! ... I give you a big hug friend! cheers
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:42 pm

MauricioB wrote:
Mark Boesen wrote:

Hello Mark, I was liling your order for Bob, personally I like the engines to explode, they are part of the seduction of the flight, at least that's what happens to me.
Electric I prefer them for foamys, as in this case I have manufactured and painted Thumbs Up :

pretty cool!!!!
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:40 pm

All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C 20170515
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:22 am

Mark Boesen wrote:
MauricioB wrote:
Mark Boesen wrote:

pretty cool!!!!

Thanks Mark for your message, it is very encouraging.
Look, a few years ago I set up a model of the US firm Great Electric Plans. It is an incredible biplane to enjoy and learn.
Here I am flying, I leave a video:

MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:41 am

This is my OS .20 FS engine, I'm studying it a little and I'm surprised by its weight, 265 grs.! I also discover the following, if I can explain, I notice that some engines .20 FS 4T, bring the muffler with pressurizer and others (like mine) only bring the exhaust outlet pipe there is no pressurizer.
I thought it had gone astray, since I bought it from a colleague, it is new, it has never been started, so I look at the manual and there in the photo there is no silencer with pressurizer, even the instructions of the tank assembly , Leave the tank air inlet, free, ie without pressurizing.
It has a nipple in the cover of the carter that according to the instructions are of ventilation, and says dejaro free with a tube of neoprene.
If anyone has this engine, I would like to know if there are two versions, without muffler and with muffler plus pressurizer .... Shocked Paranoid Huh...
All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C Dsc02410
All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C Dsc02326

Here in these instructions you can see that the manufacturer indicates letting the air inlet pipe free, ie the engine works without pressurizing .... I'm really surprised:
All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C Dsc02325

In this picture, the manual is deteriorated, but it indicates that the nipple of ventilation of the carter must be free, that is to say with exit to the exterior of the fuselage.
I wonder if it is possible to use it to send pressure to the tank?All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C Dsc02324All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C Dsc02327

MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:56 am

I have been investigating a little on the web, it seems that someone has already armed this model with a .20 FS 4T OS, there are no videos apparently.
This model belongs to someone from the CEF community? It would be interesting to ask you some questions ....
That engine for what it looks, has a silencer and pressurizer, it seems to be another version of the OS .20 FS 4T, or maybe, the silencer sold as optional ?!

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2122549-Ace-Allstar-Bipe%21/page4

All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C 02410
All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C 00210
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:35 am

Now I read in the manual that the silencer and pressurizer system, is an optional part !, does not come with the engine .. At least that's what my manual says! Crying or Very sad
Eh taken two images of the web to indicate the difference:All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C P8280010
All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C P6210010
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  fit90 Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:09 am

Mauricio,

I have a NIB Saito Fa 40 that has an exhaust like your OS FS 20. Except, there is a pressure outlet on the exhaust tube. My OS FS 20 has the muffler. When running the OS on the bench I did not use exhaust pressure and the engine still ran very well. The little four strokes are so quiet and have such good fuel draw I don't think the muffler is really necessary.
fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:22 am

fit90 wrote:Mauricio,

I have a NIB Saito Fa 40 that has an exhaust like your OS FS 20. Except, there is a pressure outlet on the exhaust tube. My OS FS 20 has the muffler. When running the OS on the bench I did not use exhaust pressure and the engine still ran very well. The little four strokes are so quiet and have such good fuel draw I don't think the muffler is really necessary.

Hi Bob, Did you buy the silencer separately or did the engine itself bring it? In my case the manual says it is optional.
Anyway I agree with you, it will surely work without the pressurizer correctly, the question I ask myself is, so that then the option to pressurize the tank? ... maybe for acrobatics models where in many occasions the fuel tank Need pressure to favor the power of the motor, for example in sharp maneuvers of closed angles and climbed vertically? ... is possible.

My manual:
All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C Dsc02411
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next