Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C - Page 2 Cox_ba12

All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Today at 11:34 am

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by roddie Today at 11:07 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Today at 10:32 am

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by rdw777 Today at 9:17 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 8:21 am

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by getback Today at 6:31 am

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by roddie Yesterday at 10:50 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by F4D Phantom II Yesterday at 9:33 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:29 am

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Mon May 06, 2024 7:51 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Mon May 06, 2024 6:58 pm

» I brake for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Mon May 06, 2024 6:38 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C - Page 2 Empty Re: All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C

Post  MauricioB Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:39 am

Mark Boesen wrote:All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C - Page 2 20170515

Hello Mark, nice photo, I see that they have not placed the uprights at the ends ...?
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:09 am

no, it just took longer to set up, didn't see any issues with it.
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  fit90 Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:42 pm

MauricioB wrote:
fit90 wrote:Mauricio,

I have a NIB Saito Fa 40 that has an exhaust like your OS FS 20. Except, there is a pressure outlet on the exhaust tube. My OS FS 20 has the muffler. When running the OS on the bench I did not use exhaust pressure and the engine still ran very well. The little four strokes are so quiet and have such good fuel draw I don't think the muffler is really necessary.

Hi Bob, Did you buy the silencer separately or did the engine itself bring it? In my case the manual says it is optional.
Anyway I agree with you, it will surely work without the pressurizer correctly, the question I ask myself is, so that then the option to pressurize the tank? ... maybe for acrobatics models where in many occasions the fuel tank Need pressure to favor the power of the motor, for example in sharp maneuvers of closed angles and climbed vertically? ... is possible.

My manual:
All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C - Page 2 Dsc02411

Mauricio,

I bought the engine used. It came with the muffler. I do not know if the muffler originally came with the engine. I believe the OS FS 20 uses the same muffler as the FS 26. That might make it a little easier to find the muffler. I don't know if the .26 size is still in production.
fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:24 pm

fit90 wrote:
MauricioB wrote:
fit90 wrote:Mauricio,

I have a NIB Saito Fa 40 that has an exhaust like your OS FS 20. Except, there is a pressure outlet on the exhaust tube. My OS FS 20 has the muffler. When running the OS on the bench I did not use exhaust pressure and the engine still ran very well. The little four strokes are so quiet and have such good fuel draw I don't think the muffler is really necessary.

Hi Bob, Did you buy the silencer separately or did the engine itself bring it? In my case the manual says it is optional.
Anyway I agree with you, it will surely work without the pressurizer correctly, the question I ask myself is, so that then the option to pressurize the tank? ... maybe for acrobatics models where in many occasions the fuel tank Need pressure to favor the power of the motor, for example in sharp maneuvers of closed angles and climbed vertically? ... is possible.

My manual:
All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C - Page 2 Dsc02411

Mauricio,

I bought the engine used. It came with the muffler. I do not know if the muffler originally came with the engine. I believe the OS FS 20 uses the same muffler as the FS 26. That might make it a little easier to find the muffler. I don't know if the .26 size is still in production.

Hi Bob, thanks for the info. Do you buy it from a colleague ?, surely your manual may be the same as mine and who sold the engine may have bought the exhaust chamber. It is not a problem, I even encourage you to manufacture it, I would almost say artisanal if necessary.
Could you please place the measures of diameter and length of the camera ?, I will only take it into account if I see that the application is necessary.
Since we are, I comment, that these are other models that I am also interested to manufacture ....

Dee Bee:
All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C - Page 2 31910

Bi-Hawk:
All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C - Page 2 760710

Thinking of putting them together for Cox.

What do you think, my friend? Very Happy

MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  fit90 Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:48 am

Mauricio,

I will get some pictures and measurements of the OS muffler either today or tomorrow. I will also draw out my idea for making a muffler that I would use on the Saito .40.
fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

dear friends, here I am resuming this project... I clarify that my head is not completely focused but I want to work with some model and I feel that I will become more eager as I progress, of course I will do it with time so please I will walk here...
I also want to bring here the link of my friend Happydad who had also started working on a similar model, I think the memory of him will also accompany us: https://www.coxengineforum.com/t14189-all-star-biplane-for- 020?highlight=all+star

So, here I start with the choice of the engine, well, a Cox, a G-Mark and an O.S....they are all applicable to this model and the Cox would easily take it, it is the lightest and most powerful, on the other hand the O.S. .10 FP, it is also a safe and powerful engine, it is the heaviest of the three, lastly and I think it will be the one I am going to use, the G-Mark .12 twin cylinder, it has an intermediate weight between the Cox and the O.S. and a power similar to the O.S. but what catches my attention the most is its 2-cylinder micromechanics and I think it would look beautiful on the ACE BIplane, I think it would be a harmonious whole.
I'm still thinking, but I'd like to apply the G-Mark .12 here.
I have never ridden it, it is simply 0km...to be continued...
All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C - Page 2 Img-2379

MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:43 pm

Hola Mauricio!! . I remember the advertisements for the All Star Bipe when I was in Jr. high school….. It seemed very exotic at that time and far beyond my reach…. I never built the All Star but a few others over the years from Ace R/C, They all served well….. My first radio set built from a kit was from them too… I know you will bring out the maximum potential in the All Star Bipe and I will be anxious to see it …. One of my Ace kits that still flies continues to wear the sticker from its original radio equipment….

Roberto

All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C - Page 2 856a3f10
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:33 am

Hello Mauricio , That G-mark .12 Twin is going to look Good on the plane , In for the ride Popcorn I miss Happydad he was a good soul ! Sad Goodbye
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:51 am

BRAVO!!! Very Happy @Happydad would approve.. I am sure! Happy "New Year" also Mauricio my friend!

I look forward to "walking with you". Smile
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:51 pm

Thanks guys!...it's a very nice project, it will go slow because I'm slow haha...I'm doing this very slowly...
This kit was cut by an aeromodeler from Argentina, it is not original, it has some modifications, such as the fuselage itself that is assembled in parts and the wings are made of wooden ribs, also the upper wing support has another way of mooring, but not yet I realize exactly what it is like, I'm going to find out...here we go!
Roddie!...happy new year friend!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2