Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Who would be interested in .010 HD cranks Cox_ba12

Who would be interested in .010 HD cranks Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by Kim Today at 8:53 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by MauricioB Today at 8:45 pm

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by Admin Today at 7:54 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by roddie Today at 2:48 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by GTO455 Today at 8:11 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 7:29 am

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:51 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» I brake for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:38 pm

» Ball - Socket Joints
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» A little nostalgia…
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» A new useful transport vehicle
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 10:32 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Who would be interested in .010 HD cranks Empty
Live on Patrol

Who would be interested in .010 HD cranks

Go down

.010 cranks

Who would be interested in .010 HD cranks Vote_lcap0%Who would be interested in .010 HD cranks Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who would be interested in .010 HD cranks Vote_lcap83%Who would be interested in .010 HD cranks Vote_rcap 83% 
[ 5 ]
Who would be interested in .010 HD cranks Vote_lcap17%Who would be interested in .010 HD cranks Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 6

Who would be interested in .010 HD cranks Empty Who would be interested in .010 HD cranks

Post  nitroairplane Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:53 pm

Hello I am just wondering how many of you would be interested in .010 cranks as I am looking to get some made.
Tell me what you think at about this what your requirments would be price ETC I wills e if it is worth doing and if so how many.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Who would be interested in .010 HD cranks Empty Re: Who would be interested in .010 HD cranks

Post  Admin Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:56 pm

If you put some on eBay, I'm sure they will sell. I would be interested in getting one or so but it depends on how much (estimate) they will cost each. I wouldn't be interested in a $130 crankshaft, if it is around $30 or so, then maybe. Go make a post on both RCU, RCG and other forums to get the maximum # of people who would be interested. If money gets to be an issue, perhaps have people invest in it if you can (may not be the easiest). Also, you may want to set a limit (ex: If I can not get at least over 100 crankshafts requested, I will not do it)

Last edited by Admin on Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Who would be interested in .010 HD cranks Empty Re: Who would be interested in .010 HD cranks

Post  nitroairplane Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:59 pm

Just though i would test that here first and see.
Yeah I could sell maybe up to 10 on eBay.
But many people may vote 2 times on on each forum also undo not war to raise too many hopes.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:01 pm

Have people post (not vote) their request. So you can tell if they already requested some here.
Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:04 pm

True i do not want to take his too far until I get a quote and a maker though.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:19 pm

I am interested in anything .010/.20 related. Wonder if it might be smarter to find more uses for the smaller engines as opposed to making more parts. If the .010/ .020 market only accounts for 10% then maybe if more plane kits were available then demand would be higher. Funny thing though every .010 sells for a bunch of money new or used so 10% seems conservative......
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Who would be interested in .010 HD cranks Empty ?

Post  Jaspur_x Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:43 am

Also consider realistically how many people ever broke a 010 crank, I know of 4. based on the # of engines I have seen sold,and the number of users on the 3 forums I would bet the total # is around .05% or fewer.

These are just my $.02, take it or leave it,I could be very wrong too.(I hope so actually)

Analyze how many 049(reedie) sales,how many replacement cranks, kb/venom cranks sold etc;factor in the #of o49 ownerss to # of 010 owners and how many guys actually run the 010 not just collect.

There are left hand teedee cranks for sale for years now, how many teedee owners want it?

How many would buy the cranks,maybe 2%,maybe less. I want 2 (unless outrageous price of course)just in case Nitro ever makes me go diesel power Fireworks

Depending on all the numbers you are looking at, maybe find an investor to help you out to see this project to fruition.

P.s. pm me
Jaspur_x
Jaspur_x
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:39 am

At this point in time, I would venture to guess that quite a few of the cranks you would have made would sell. Have say,,20 cranks made.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  GermanBeez Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:23 am

Now, that's a project, Indra!
Are you going to let them be made in a local machine shop?
I'd think that would cost a heap of money...maybe you should order like 60 of those, and then
ask bernie if he wants some for his store. I don't think that making these in a very limited amount would
get you a decent profit.
GermanBeez
GermanBeez
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Who would be interested in .010 HD cranks Empty His Majesty King of the Silly Question

Post  John Goddard Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:47 am

Here goes,-

What would be the reason?
Dieseling them or are the standard ones a bit 'lacking'?
Cos if they are put me down for a couple.
J

Last edited by John Goddard on Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:53 am

Does anybody know what kind of steel the OEM cranks were made of? They could already be hardened, turning up to 30,000 RPM.....
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  GermanBeez Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:24 am

i think they were made of the same steel the 049 ones were made out of.
the td 010 might turn much higher rpms, but due to its size, has much less weight to throw around,
wich in turn puts less strain on the conrod pin
Beez
GermanBeez
GermanBeez
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:39 pm

microflitedude wrote:Does anybody know what kind of steel the OEM cranks were made of? They could already be hardened, turning up to 30,000 RPM.....

Yes, we have the drawings.

However, there is no need to deviate from the OEM hardening specs as 010's were designed to run @ 30,000 RPM.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:44 pm

The problem with selling 010 parts is that the market is too small. We have the following 010 items that we can compare to 049 parts that we also sell:

Glow head
Glow head gasket
Carb body
Needle valve
Needle spring
Venturi
Spinner
Crankcase
Wrench
Reset tool

Claiming 10% of 049 sales is being overly generous. It's more like 5% or less and I'm sure Matt can substantiate this. We have been selling these parts for years and are therefore able to make that statement.

Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:56 pm

Having said the above we are willing to purchase 50x 010 cranks @ $5; something like a 2-year+ supply. We would retail them at $12.95.

We could have 1,000 of the cranks made at about $4/each but it would take something like 40 years to sell them. OK, maybe only 20 but still.....

As an example, we still have 958 of the 1,000 TD 010 needles that we had made 18 months ago because we got all these requests for them. 42 needles in 18 months works out to 28 per year. The good news is that they should be gone in 34 years. And so will I lol.

Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:59 pm

Hmm I think retail would have to be around $20 as I doubt I can get any done at less than a $5 cost to me + shipping.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:56 pm

I totally agree and that is why we will not have them manufactured. At $20/pop they will sell even slower than an $12.95.

Glow heads probably outsell cranks at a ratio of at least 10 to 1 and I know how any glow heads we sell per year and that is what I had based potential crank sales on.

By all means go ahead with your project. What I am implying that it is not something that we will likely do as the $$'s in potential profit for the whole project don't add up. Getting the first one made takes up a lot of resources and, if one can only sell a few per month...

Much better for us to invest that time and $$'s into making a product where we anticipate brisk sales and accelerated rate of return on investment. However, for someone like yourself (non-commercial) it might make perfect sense to do this.

Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:06 pm

Cox International wrote:I totally agree and that is why we will not have them manufactured. At $20/pop they will sell even slower than an $12.95.

Glow heads probably outsell cranks at a ratio of at least 10 to 1 and I know how any glow heads we sell per year and that is what I had based potential crank sales on.

By all means go ahead with your project. What I am implying that it is not something that we will likely do as the $$'s in potential profit for the whole project don't add up. Getting the first one made takes up a lot of resources and, if one can only sell a few per month...

Much better for us to invest that time and $$'s into making a product where we anticipate brisk sales and accelerated rate of return on investment. However, for someone like yourself (non-commercial) it might make perfect sense to do this.

I am not sure I think they would sell nearly as well at 20 as they would at 12.95 because if you want a .010 crank most will pay that remember this is not stock this is an "upgrade" part.

nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:16 pm

Fly at it lol and let me know how it worked out in the end.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:18 pm

I will, It can be done for less than I think Smile
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down