Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Skitzoid Phred here with Brodak ARC Oriental addition to the growing fleet Cox_ba12

Skitzoid Phred here with Brodak ARC Oriental addition to the growing fleet Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by OVERLORD Today at 10:11 am

» Tired of it all…
by Ken Cook Today at 8:04 am

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by Kim Today at 7:41 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:46 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Skitzoid Phred here with Brodak ARC Oriental addition to the growing fleet Empty
Live on Patrol

Skitzoid Phred here with Brodak ARC Oriental addition to the growing fleet

Go down

Skitzoid Phred here with Brodak ARC Oriental addition to the growing fleet Empty Skitzoid Phred here with Brodak ARC Oriental addition to the growing fleet

Post  fredvon4 Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:56 pm

This Oriental ARC was assembled and flown a lot by Dallas Texas guy who sold it to me sans engine

It was pretty rough but I managed to use what I had to get it back to OK and hide most of the cobbling I did to beef the tail up

Low time OS LA 40, Brodak tongue muff, 4 oz all forward uni tank, and Master Air Screw 10 x 5
AUW is right at 46 Oz
GC right now is a bit forward of what others claim to be just right so I am prepared to add more lead to the ass or an additional line clip for the stooge to tail wheel hold
The original owner put in Tom Morris controls at 1:1 ratio and my note to Ken about 3" BC was false...it does have the 4" inside.... so I need to drag out my widest space handle ....Dang! I got used to hard point and my big handle is a cable version...OH well, I just hack fly anyway, so no biggie

OK PHRED great photos!! No one can see the butt uggly triangle fillets on the stab
Skitzoid Phred here with Brodak ARC Oriental addition to the growing fleet 20170910
Skitzoid Phred here with Brodak ARC Oriental addition to the growing fleet 20170911

Some of my other fleet planes that I fly some

Skitzoid Phred here with Brodak ARC Oriental addition to the growing fleet 20160410
Skitzoid Phred here with Brodak ARC Oriental addition to the growing fleet 20170412
Skitzoid Phred here with Brodak ARC Oriental addition to the growing fleet 20170410
Skitzoid Phred here with Brodak ARC Oriental addition to the growing fleet 20170411
I average about three to four flight days a month and usually focus on having fun with just one model unless I dork it and pull out another if I am not done having fun yet

I am OK by myself with a stooge...but the best fun is with my son when he has the time to play with dad and his toys

Sure hope I am alive when he retires and I can be his stooge
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Skitzoid Phred here with Brodak ARC Oriental addition to the growing fleet Empty Re: Skitzoid Phred here with Brodak ARC Oriental addition to the growing fleet

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:19 pm

I really need to get down there to fly with you Fred. Next time I drive to Lackland/Randolph I'll take 281 and spend a day with you.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Skitzoid Phred here with Brodak ARC Oriental addition to the growing fleet Empty Re: Skitzoid Phred here with Brodak ARC Oriental addition to the growing fleet

Post  Ken Cook Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:29 pm

That certainly appears to be a good looking fun fleet to fly. It's nice to have different flavors.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  TLAnderson Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:10 pm

Great looking fleet. I have a way to go to catch up to you. Smile

Skitzoid Phred here with Brodak ARC Oriental addition to the growing fleet Skyray21
TLAnderson
TLAnderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:17 am

Nice jobs Fred, and I love the photos.

I envy you and the availability of wide open spaces in Texas.  Wonderful flat surfaces unencumbered by trees.  Those atributes are difficult to find here in West Virginia, America's most densily forrested State.

I'm waiting for my son to retire too.  31 December 2018 if I last that long.  Hoping that I can still hold a handle and make circles then.  Smile

Bob

Last edited by rsv1cox on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:52 am

Nice looking Fleet Fred !! The Cardinal is clean looking now, you did a terrific Job on it Beer Cheers
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:10 am

Nice phleet Phred! Smile Is that a CF arrow-shaft pushrod on the Ring? What's your method of assembling a rod like that? I'd like to try making one.. but am always leery of the couplings failing if I don't make it the right way.

Skitzoid Phred here with Brodak ARC Oriental addition to the growing fleet 20160410
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:24 am

Roddie look for a "How To" thread on *Phred's way control systems...coming soon to a forum near you

* total rip off of other designs, no original content

Now where the hell is my cell phone (camera)......it's got be under all this clutter somewhere.....grggah!
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:57 am

fredvon4 wrote:Roddie look for a "How To" thread on *Phred's way control systems...coming soon to a forum near you

* total rip off of other designs, no original content

Now where the hell is my cell phone (camera)......it's got be under all this clutter somewhere.....grggah!

Laughing I Love This Forum! Phunny stuff Phred! Have you ever heard of the Phlying Phool? Laughing (I couldn't resist.. the "Ph" value..)

Actually looks like a really fun airplane!

Skitzoid Phred here with Brodak ARC Oriental addition to the growing fleet Sterli12
Skitzoid Phred here with Brodak ARC Oriental addition to the growing fleet 100_1510
Skitzoid Phred here with Brodak ARC Oriental addition to the growing fleet Ff4_1410
Skitzoid Phred here with Brodak ARC Oriental addition to the growing fleet 00310

roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:43 pm

With my semi kit bash of Roger Harris Mini Ring Master Bi-plane I came close to adoring the top wing with

"Phred's Phlying Phool"
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:08 pm

The Flying Fool is one of my favorite Sterling planes. The plane looks much better than it flies. The top wing is a good example as it likes to depart. I always wanted to redesign the Fool. I personally feel the wings are too close together which causes excessive drag and the they're not wide enough. That purple one is just mouth watering. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:16 am

Ken Cook wrote:          The Flying Fool is one of my favorite Sterling planes. The plane looks much better than it flies. The top wing is a good example as it likes to depart. I always wanted to redesign the Fool. I personally feel the wings are too close together which causes excessive drag and the they're not wide enough. That purple one is just mouth watering. Ken

That white/purple one was built by CEF member GUS THE I.A. (Doug) in the matter of a week, back in February 2014. He made some mods.. cool thread!

https://www.coxengineforum.com/t6348-sterling-flying-fool
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down