Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Poll: Next Traveling Engine displacement size. Cox_ba12

Poll: Next Traveling Engine displacement size. Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» O&R 23 & Brown Jr
by lla Today at 11:15 am

» need info on this
by lla Today at 10:30 am

» Post your Older books
by GallopingGhostler Today at 10:26 am

» Speed plane - Crispy but not too crispy
by GallopingGhostler Today at 10:23 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 9:00 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by rdw777 Today at 8:51 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Today at 8:30 am

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by rsv1cox Today at 6:23 am

» Three (only one left) Cox .020 silencers for sale.
by GallopingGhostler Today at 5:12 am

» *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -May 2024-
by Admin Today at 2:38 am

» S1 Ringmaster
by Onelife Yesterday at 8:40 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:31 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Poll: Next Traveling Engine displacement size. Empty
Live on Patrol

Poll: Next Traveling Engine displacement size.

Go down

Which engine displacement for the next Traveling Engine you would like to see?

Poll: Next Traveling Engine displacement size. Vote_lcap22%Poll: Next Traveling Engine displacement size. Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 5 ]
Poll: Next Traveling Engine displacement size. Vote_lcap13%Poll: Next Traveling Engine displacement size. Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
Poll: Next Traveling Engine displacement size. Vote_lcap30%Poll: Next Traveling Engine displacement size. Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 7 ]
Poll: Next Traveling Engine displacement size. Vote_lcap35%Poll: Next Traveling Engine displacement size. Vote_rcap 35% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 23

Poll closed

Poll: Next Traveling Engine displacement size. Empty Poll: Next Traveling Engine displacement size.

Post  Jason_WI Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:38 pm

I know the TE .010 is still in its beginnings of making the rounds. Looking to see what the Traveling Engine 3 displacement size would be for the next run.  

Since we already have .010 covered it wont be in the pole. .049/.051 will be grouped together. .074 is kinda of a heavy turd and not much in the way of power so we are left with .15, .09, .049/.051, and .020.

Please select the displacement size Cox engine you would like to see for the next Traveling Engine. Once a displacement size is chosen then a choice of engines representing that displacement will be set up for another poll. This poll will run for 10 days.

Last edited by Jason_WI on Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add Poll to header)
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Poll: Next Traveling Engine displacement size. Empty Re: Poll: Next Traveling Engine displacement size.

Post  Jason_WI Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:35 am

Over 90 views and only 6 votes. Vote! Small Cox Logo
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Poll: Next Traveling Engine displacement size. Empty Re: Poll: Next Traveling Engine displacement size.

Post  Admin Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:51 am

VOTE!!!

If it's a .15, what would it be? A Sportsman? Medallion? Tee Dee?...Olympic real drum Eyebrows  ?

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  batjac Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:59 am

Admin wrote:VOTE!!!

If it's a .15, what would it be? A Sportsman? Medallion? Tee Dee?...Olympic real drum  Eyebrows   ?

I would say Medallion.  Probably the easiest to start and run.  Can use about any tank with it.  Not really picky on fuel. Easier to mount than a Sportsman or Olympic.  And it's a Cox .15.  What more do you need?

The Simple Mark
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:13 am

No rear drum olympics will be harmed in this experiment:)

Don’t forget Conquest .15
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  batjac Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:05 pm

Jason_WI wrote:No rear drum olympics will be harmed in this experiment:)

Don’t forget Conquest .15

I didn't want to be greedy and say Conquest. But if that's in the running, I'll build a special plane just for that...

The Altruistic Mark
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:23 pm

Can't discriminate. We are only a few days in on the poll. I guess it will be a surprise on what engines will be available to choose from in another poll within the winning displacement size.
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:07 am

I seem to be the only one who voted .049/.051 so far.

I know the .049 engines are very common, and as such, nothing special for most. On the other hand, many of us have suitable planes already built for them, and also spare parts to repair and service it along the way should something happen to it. Most of us would also not be so afraid to fly it either, since the parts are available.

But that is just my opinion, and I probably would not take part to the program anytime soon anyway, as I need to practice my pilot skills a bit more first Smile
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:33 am

There are spare parts and support that comes with the engine Kari but you do have a point . The only Cox engine in .15 size i have or had are Sportsman and Medallion , never ran the Medallion , sports man is a sweetheart to run . You know with Jason having the most engines on the forum i would say , there is no telling what he will come up with Very Happy Just very HAPPY he is here to support us . I Love This Forum!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:03 am

I can’t speak for Jason, but I assume it wouldn’t be offered if he was at all worried about the engine.

That said, a Conquest would really cut down on those who intend to fly the TE as it’s really only designed to do one thing.

Kari, no reason you can’t participate, you can fly it or not. It’s up to you!

Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  706jim Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:54 am

Well, I voted and think it should be 0.020.

My reasoning?

Cheaper postage!
706jim
706jim
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:55 am

getback wrote:You know with Jason having the most engines on the forum i would say , there is no telling what he will come up with  Very Happy  Just very HAPPY he is here to support us . I Love This Forum!

AMEN to THAT !!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:21 pm

706jim wrote:Well, I voted and think it should be 0.020.

My reasoning?

Cheaper postage!

Postage is the cost of participation. If it is .15 not sure if an engine test stand would ship with it due to size. Its up for debate. If it's needed then it would be a minimal one that I could mill out of aluminum.

It's nice to have a case with all the support materials and spares. It does increase the package size which in turn increases the postage.
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:47 pm

It was a tough vote for me, but I selected .020. I figured the TD .020 is small, light, easier to ship. The Pee Wee can be a real pain to make run consistently. I'd be glad to run a traveling .15 but figure that few people are prepared to actually fly one. I'll be signing up regardless!
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  David Ingham Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:35 pm

I'll be testing Pee Wees for my Push-UP.  It might be nice to have a new one to compare to.  Sorry to hear that they are a pain.  They were not a problem with my first Push-UP.
David Ingham
David Ingham
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:35 pm

Sorry I was so negative, David. I've just been struggling with a finicky Pee Wee lately. If that's the engine of choice, I'm still signing up. Smile
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:31 pm

Vote! Only a few days left of the poll.

Have a Merry Christmas. Christmas Tree Lighting The Tree Bad Xmas Gift Small Cox Logo
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:28 am

Looks like .15 displacement squeaked by. I will be posting another poll with 4 Cox .15 engines to pick from. You wont be disappointed. Small Cox Logo
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down