Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Super Satan - More Huntersville Sights & Sounds Cox_ba12

Super Satan - More Huntersville Sights & Sounds Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» M1Fan...who are you?
by 944_Jim Today at 10:07 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Today at 9:52 pm

» Roddie's water-cooled bench-run vid
by roddie Today at 8:55 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Today at 7:19 pm

» Artwork for Otto Kuhni
by Ken Cook Today at 6:42 pm

» Cox AT-6 Texan repaint.....Pretty nice
by rsv1cox Today at 6:25 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 6:14 pm

» B-25 Mitchell
by roddie Today at 3:09 pm

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Today at 2:24 pm

» Cox water wizard
by Wiggy Today at 2:23 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 10:54 am

» Norvel Needle Needed
by Ken Cook Today at 6:52 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Super Satan - More Huntersville Sights & Sounds Empty
Live on Patrol

Super Satan - More Huntersville Sights & Sounds

Go down

Super Satan - More Huntersville Sights & Sounds Empty Super Satan - More Huntersville Sights & Sounds

Post  RknRusty Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:37 pm

Check this out, it's everything I expected. What a rush!
https://youtu.be/4QIh6-DH7UA

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Super Satan - More Huntersville Sights & Sounds Empty Re: Super Satan - More Huntersville Sights & Sounds

Post  getback Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:45 am

HOT DAMN !! Man that was really getting the air ripped up like you said you could hear the wind being torn out the sky . I know you can't wait to get your handle on that Smile Thanks for sharing Rusty . ( U got to love a vertical take off ) Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Super Satan - More Huntersville Sights & Sounds Empty Super Satan

Post  Eddy Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:31 am

Holy Smokers Cisco, that booger rips, and for a lefty flying, is all the more awesome. Great video.
Eddy
Eddy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Super Satan - More Huntersville Sights & Sounds Empty Re: Super Satan - More Huntersville Sights & Sounds

Post  Ken Cook Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:23 pm

I was thinking of you guys. I actually just had a combat contest 2 weeks ago . I was up first and flew against Tom. I'm glad Tom made it there and I really wish I could've attended. Once again, work takes priority and the fun had to sit this one out.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:10 pm

Yeah, Ken, we missed you guys. Danny was the only representative of the Philly Fliers. I thanked him for coming and we had a good chat. I think Tom had a good first Huntersville experience. He went to Watt's on Sunday with the usual Diehards. Holley and I were too shot to attend. After lugging the walker through the rocks and grass, I was completely out of gas by then. Anyone who bailed early because of fear of weather made a mistake.

I will add more to my report in bits and pieces over the next couple of days.

Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Super Satan - More Huntersville Sights & Sounds Empty RE: Super Satan flies in Huntersville

Post  66 Malibu Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:29 pm

Great Show Rusty !!!!!!
Your equipment looks to be impressive just missing you behind the handle !!!!
I think we'll see you do your elfin magic in the circle again one day soon...….
Godspeed, Steve
66 Malibu
66 Malibu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:59 pm

Yeah you will! Thanks, Steve. This time it's gonna stick.

There's something else from H'ville. It was a complete surprise at the awards ceremony, so I didn't commit all the qualifications to memory as they were being listed by Will Davis, but mainly it's for a modeler who has contributed over the year to spreading interest in our hobby, bringing modelers together, passing along knowledge and bringing in people who have that knowledge, yada yada yada... and probably most of all, for impersonating a geezer who can't fly but still yaks about it all the time, lol. I think my internet show and guests as well as viewers are likely the source of these accolades, so the award is mostly theirs too. And don't forget Sparky at Stunthangar, who gives me the connection to the world making it possible.

Here's to all of you who make it possible to keep aeromodeling in the mainstream.
The 2018 Master's Circle Award.

I'm honored.

Super Satan - More Huntersville Sights & Sounds Masters%20Circlesm

Last edited by RknRusty on Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:05 pm

Hey Fred Von G,
Jeff Dawson told me to be sure and say Hi to you. Sounds like you guys have had some pretty fun trips to contests and fly-ins. He and I had a good time playing with the Super Satan along with Tom and Mike and all the regular crazy combat crowd.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:37 pm

RknRusty wrote:Yeah you will! Thanks, Steve. This time it's gonna stick.

There's something else from H'ville. It was a complete surprise at the awards ceremony, so I didn't commit all the qualifications to memory as they were being listed by Will Davis, but mainly it's for a modeler who has contributed over the year to spreading interest in our hobby, bringing modelers together, passing along knowledge and bringing in people who have that knowledge, yada yada yada... and probably most of all, for impersonating a geezer who can't fly but still yaks about it all the time, lol. I think my internet show and guests as well as viewers are likely the source of these accolades, so the award is mostly theirs too. And don't forget Sparky at Stunthangar, who gives me the connection to the world making it possible.

Here's to all of you who make it possible to keep aeromodeling in the mainstream.
The 2018 Master's Circle Award.

I'm honored.

Super Satan - More Huntersville Sights & Sounds Masters%20Circlesm

I know of no one else who's got all those fine qualities! Congratulations Rusty!!  Display it with Pride.
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:14 pm

Hey Rusty,

Well deserved award for sure. Couldn’t have gone to a better guy. I am having trouble getting the video to buffer, but the problem is on my end me thinks. I’ll keep trying.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:13 pm

Super Satan - More Huntersville Sights & Sounds 2018_m10

so cool man! Congratulations. The SS was a treat to watch Mike fly. I'll bet he enjoyed every second of that.. and so will you; soon enough! Thumbs Up
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  londke3 Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:14 pm

Ken Cook wrote:       I was thinking of you guys. I actually just had a combat contest 2 weeks ago . I was up first and flew against Tom. I'm glad Tom made it there and I really wish I could've attended. Once again, work takes priority and the fun had to sit this one out.
Tom was only flying stunt on Sunday so Sam loaned him a speed limit plane and we roped him into flying combat with us on Saturday. He flew 4 matches with Sam's SlySir and gave the plane back in one piece. We were glad to have him join us.
londke3
londke3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:12 pm

Tom is a very good stunt pilot, he has recently started to come out to the combat contests. He also is a major driving person for the vintage combat in New Jersey. I can't thank him enough for that and the others that participate. It was hard not to think about the contest when I was working. I pulled up some video from you tube that you made to show the guys at work.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:25 pm

Here is Tom with his new SS and me with his(my) old one:
Super Satan - More Huntersville Sights & Sounds Tom%20and%20me%20Super%20Satan

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:32 pm

Ken Cook wrote:              Tom is a very good stunt pilot, he has recently started to come out to the combat contests. He also is a major driving person for the vintage combat in New Jersey. I can't thank him enough for that and the others that  participate. It was hard not to think about the contest when I was working. I pulled up some video from you tube that you made to show the guys at work.
Yeah he sure is a very good stunt pilot. He brought one of the Bob Hunt designs and flew it in expert. There were 3 or 4 more Hunt planes, including the Second Wind with retracting landing gear. There was also a fellow named Dorin from Romania, who we met for the first time on our show last night. This guy has engineered a most remarkable take-apart I have ever seen... all composite materials with some built-in features no one has more than dreamed of. I'm going to clip his show-and-tell from last night and make a standalone feature of its own. I was right there at the same circle in H'ville and didn't know him, what a missed opportunity.

Ken, I haven't forgotten to reply to your PM, and I will before Friday.

Meanwhile, here are some more sights and sounds fro  Huntersville:

https://youtu.be/fFO8lIon52s

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave P. Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:07 pm

Boy, those who missed Stunt Hanger last night, missed a good one.  Dorin has a remarkable airplane and was kind enough to share pretty much anything anybody asked about.  When Rusty gets the video with Dorin and his electric plane online, it'll be worth checking out.

Thanks Rusty and Sparky for doing Stunt Hanger videos.  Sorry I missed out on Huntersville, next time I'll make a special effort to get there.
Dave P.
Dave P.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:08 pm

Dan's inline Fox .35 twin certainly has a distinct sound. I should really call it a .70
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down