Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Testing the Rebirthed Postage Stamp Engine Mount  Cox_ba12

Testing the Rebirthed Postage Stamp Engine Mount  Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Prayers for my Wife Please
by rsv1cox Today at 12:14 pm

» Cox Ryan ST 2.0
by 944_Jim Today at 11:52 am

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rsv1cox Today at 9:38 am

» Blue backplate postage stamp engine
by getback Today at 6:46 am

» COX Postage Stamp engine -Babe Bee & Horseshoe Backplate adapters
by GallopingGhostler Today at 6:33 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 3:45 pm

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 12:41 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 12:24 pm

» Internet buy
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 9:15 am

» Artwork for Otto Kuhni
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 8:26 am

» Sherline lathe wont run
by getback Yesterday at 7:15 am

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Tue May 14, 2024 7:38 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Testing the Rebirthed Postage Stamp Engine Mount  Empty
Live on Patrol

Testing the Rebirthed Postage Stamp Engine Mount

Go down

Testing the Rebirthed Postage Stamp Engine Mount  Empty Testing the Rebirthed Postage Stamp Engine Mount

Post  getback Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:10 am

As most of you know Jason_WI has took the trouble and time to 3D print some mounts that are very hard to find so that the postage stamp .049 engine can bee brought back to life . He ask for volunteers to test the mounts , i am one of them .. On arrival of the mounts they look great , i thought the thin nylon were it mounts to the engine seemed weak (flemzie ) But it needs to bee thin to mount with the screws that came with the engine and after mounting it is very rigid . i feel the nylon is a good fit . After finding some engines to test ( i had gotten rid of most PSE for this reason) and a cleaning i thought ? i had a engine for testing , i picked the engine with a #5 cyl. on it but no ring on the piston to show it is a .051 TD set . Removed the old adj. needle seal and needle to mount the rebirth it went on flawlessly screws fit holes and cut out for the needle assm. is right on after tighten down the back plate screws the new seal was easy to put on . The mount screws are #2 X 5/8" and went through the holes with little effort . Got it all mounted up for the test runs with i had planned 3-4 runs , the runs were not as good as expected but did get it done first off the flooding of the reed seal not performing a seal caused a small starting problem that i would not want in the field ! Please bee patient with my testing as i said not as planned problems anyway here we go ...    
Testing the Rebirthed Postage Stamp Engine Mount  Ptdc0087     https://youtu.be/GjRjwVv-pB8  I have found NO Ill manters in using this item and hope there will be others that will bee interested in getting there Postage Stamp Engine in the air or on the ground going again. Thank You Jason. Small Cox Logo
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Testing the Rebirthed Postage Stamp Engine Mount  Empty Re: Testing the Rebirthed Postage Stamp Engine Mount

Post  getback Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:11 am

I ran out of room here is the 3rd. run ..
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Testing the Rebirthed Postage Stamp Engine Mount  Empty Re: Testing the Rebirthed Postage Stamp Engine Mount

Post  Jason_WI Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:31 am

This is great. Thanks for taking the time to give these a test. Looks like they didn’t melt which was a concern.

I agree they are flimsy when they are not mounted to an engine. I have a couple of the Goldberg mounts and they flex also without being mounted to an engine.

Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:32 pm

Nice work Jason and Eric!

Watching those vids "made my morning" Eric!! Regarding the fine-thread NVA; Have you figured-out how many turns "open" (approximately..) is required to get the engine running from a cold-start? I usually set my coarser-threaded needles too "lean".. and figure that the fine-threaded ones would be even "trickier" to set initially. I'm just curious.. because I've yet to run an engine with a fine-threaded NVA..

Do you think that the needle on your engine in the "vids" might be leaking air? The engine didn't seem to "richen-up" very much, when you were adjusting the needle "open".. but sounded like it was "sagging" (too lean) a few times.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:36 pm

Good job, and great for the both of you. I am glad it worked out for you, both in testing as well as the quality product.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:56 am

Yeah, this IS great! Hope I can get a few of these when Jason goes into production !!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:11 am

I think that's what Jason is going to do for Us , I am only one of the test people 2 more out there Rene and Mark Batjac . The one i ran is still setting in the fuel that was left from the run And hope to get it apart again and fix the running problem replace the reed, deck the CC and install Hi comp. head with 2-3 shims , I had replaced the seal with New , I am thinking bout boring the intake out some, will see. :: Roddie the setting from the last run is 2.5 rounds , i don't think it will matter on fine thread or reg. as to how many to start with i used 3- 3.5 out . but as you can see in the first non-run it was flooding Bad ! I am surprised no more people have chimed in on this ? This Site Rocks!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:16 am

I enjoyed your videos Eric. Nice job. The mount and your partzer engine both are winners.

Looks like Spring down there. Snow/sleet/rain predicted up here tonight. Sad
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down