Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Cox planes on Ebay Cox_ba12

Cox planes on Ebay Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by roddie Today at 10:11 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 8:14 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Today at 8:10 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by sosam117 Today at 8:07 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Today at 3:16 am

» Happy Anzac Day!
by Boats13 Yesterday at 11:03 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Yesterday at 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:12 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Cox planes on Ebay Empty
Live on Patrol

Cox planes on Ebay

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

LOL Cox planes on Ebay

Post  happydad Wed May 27, 2020 6:43 pm

What looks like a black cox “wings” hustler is currently on eBay. I have only seen a red version before now. Also is a sopwith camel biplane and a couple others. These are the plastic models.

Happydad RC Plane

Edit to add more.

P.s. if anyone is bidding on the sopwith camel biplane, pm or email me and I will bow out. I just want to see what it sells for.

Hd RC Plane
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

LOL Re: Cox planes on Ebay

Post  Mark Boesen Wed May 27, 2020 10:34 pm

Cox planes on Ebay Kgrhqn10
Cox planes on Ebay 9568_110
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

LOL Cox hobby plane

Post  happydad Wed May 27, 2020 10:58 pm

It is currently at Less than $20 plus shipping on eBay. I will try to add link later.

Happydad
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Thu May 28, 2020 12:35 am

I remember the Wings series! I had a red version of the one you show in black, and both the white and blue twin rudder "jets."

I remember they flew, they landed. Nothing great beyond making a racket and pulling on the lines. They were very much acceptable as trainers. They survived enough crashes to fly that summer.

The local Sears several blocks from Fenway Park had a blemish/returns basement selling them cheap enough for young me to afford them on paper route money. Their engines had been absorbed into my collection of old parts, the cylinders stripped of the safety screens when the tiny spot welds broke loose.

Then I discovered a hobby shop in downtown Boston where I bought my Stuntman 23, and later my Little Satan. Those Wings engines supplied replacement parts for my Golden Bee as I wandered around the hobby back then.

Thanks for the memory excersize!
944_Jim
944_Jim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RNajarian Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:09 pm

Hi Gang,

Long time lurker, first time post . . .

I just picked up a NIB Cox Wings Corsair for $41 delivered.

Not sure if I want to fly it or use it as a decoration.

Cox planes on Ebay 1bf66610
RNajarian
RNajarian
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:21 pm

RNajarian wrote:Not sure if I want to fly it or use it as a decoration.

Oh, that is your call. You see baby boomers pass away, then an estate auction sells off all his modeling stuff for next to nothing in lots because the children and grandchildren don't do planes. The articles wind up on E-Bay.

It is up to you how you want to use it. You can only please you (and of course, the Mrs., too.) You know the chances of winning that argument. Laughing

Cox planes on Ebay 2020-029
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:29 pm

GG...true dat! Bwahaha!
944_Jim
944_Jim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  happydad Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:35 am

RNajarian wrote:Hi Gang,

i started a thread 5 years or so ago on how to modify the standard, non cox rc version. easy with the new tiny servos and rx. i still have 2 or 3 new, non rc versions and 1 Spitfire Mk XIV.    Be careful with the Cox radio in the kit. It uses 72MHz which was somewhat affected by electric motors. wire routing and motor shield helped. There was a thread on another forum on how to convert to brushless motors.I do have a spare wing and a used wing adding flaps. ENJOY

happydad RC Plane Old Bugger United States
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:58 am

Heck fly it ! I would use some more up to date equipment in it and bee sure to take a video and post here for stardom !!! Beer Cheers Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping cheers
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RNajarian Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:32 am

getback wrote:Heck fly it !  I would use some more up to date equipment in it and bee sure to take a video and post here for stardom !!! Beer Cheers Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping cheers

That’s what I’ve decided to do. I’m collecting modern electronics to put in it and will start researching an aileron conversion/addition.

While I was at it I picked up a used Electric Spitfire, my first control line plane in the 70’s. Likely I will need to replace the NiCad battery, I’ll experiment with modern electronics on this one too.

Cox planes on Ebay Aee0f610
RNajarian
RNajarian
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:58 pm

RC Plane RC Plane Very Happy Very Happy This Site Rocks! Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Airplane Airplane Airplane
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

LOL One of mine

Post  happydad Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:15 pm

>>>Update: 9:45p.m. PST  - Is it a hijack if I show several of these Cox Flyers-Gravity-Sky Cruisers models I have?
here is one of the others I have been converting to RC.

Cox planes on Ebay Img_1320
It is a copy of the non-RC Cox version.

More when I get a  chance.
>>>>>>> I'm back.

The Sky Cruisers series
Cox planes on Ebay Img_1322
Cox Sky Cruiser Viper

Cox planes on Ebay Img_1324
Outside

Cox planes on Ebay Img_1323
inside are the RC parts         the battery connects about here /\ Red connector - 1/3AAA or 2S LiPo 

More of the Gravity series
Cox planes on Ebay Img_1326
Gravity F4-U Outside. Insides are similar to the Sky Cruiser Viper.

Cox planes on Ebay Img_1327
Cox Decals for Gravity series.

I originally started a thread about 6 or 7 years ago on how to modify the non-RC version for Micro RC, not knowing at that time that there was a Cox RC version of any of these airplanes. I knew there were Cox Transmitters, receivers, servos and batteries, but I had no idea that Cox was putting together or had already put together an electric airplane, Electric, Cox? No Way. whatever.
    If I can help anyone PM me.

happydad RC Plane Old Bugger United States

Last edited by happydad on Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add content)
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

LOL I have spares

Post  happydad Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:26 am

RNajarian wrote:Hi Gang,

I have a spare fuselage and wing if you are interested. My interests are in helping people on the forum by providing answers. I know electrics are not a popular subject sometimes, but these were made by Cox or sold by people who purchased the rights to sell them from Cox. My first choice is nitro, but I haven't seen a micro quad powered by nitro yet, even a .010 cox is too large. That's 4 - .010's.  PLEASE someone prove me wrong.

I have yet to fly mine, but for a different reason. It cost too much to join a local flying club, $200.00 per year plus the AMA fee, which for seniors is $95 per year or less.    
    "Something happens when you get old, but I can't remember what it is", anon.

Happydad out. RC Plane United States Old Bugger Head Bang Head Bang Sleeping at Computer
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RNajarian Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:53 am

happydad wrote:I have a spare fuselage and wing if you are interested. My interests are in helping people on the forum by providing answers. I know electrics are not a popular subject sometimes, but these were made by Cox or sold by people who purchased the rights to sell them from Cox. My first choice is nitro, but I haven't seen a micro quad powered by nitro yet, even a .010 cox is too large. That's 4 - .010's.  PLEASE someone prove me wrong.

I have yet to fly mine, but for a different reason. It cost too much to join a local flying club, $200.00 per year plus the AMA fee, which for seniors is $95 per year or less.    

Happydad out. RC Plane United States Old Bugger Head Bang Head Bang Sleeping at Computer

I very well may take you up on that offer! After a 25 year “break” I’m getting into the hobby full force again. I’m researching transmitters and receivers and hope to begin assembling the Corsair very soon.

Great Forum, Great Members. Thanks
RNajarian
RNajarian
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

LOL I'm here to help

Post  happydad Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:30 am

RNajarian wrote:
happydad wrote:I have a spare fuselage and wing if you are interested. My interests are in helping people on the forum by providing answers. I know electrics are not a popular subject sometimes, but these were made by Cox or sold by people who purchased the rights to sell them from Cox. My first choice is nitro, but I haven't seen a micro quad powered by nitro yet, even a .010 cox is too large. That's 4 - .010's.  PLEASE someone prove me wrong.

I very well may take you up on that offer! After a 25 year “break” I’m getting into the hobby full force again. I’m researching transmitters and receivers and hope to begin assembling the Corsair very soon.

Great Forum, Great Members. Thanks

I can help you in that area also. Please do not use the supplied radio system, unless you are a Cox purest, and want to NOT fly the plane. I believe if you were to take a scale and just pile all the supplied parts, RX only, not TX, you would be surprised at the weight that someone expected that small wing, 20inch, small battery, 6 - 1/3AAA battery and small DC motor to carry. I followed a RCG build before-during I built mine and their goal weight was 5ounces AllUpWeight, including everything. I mean look at the servos then and now. I think the ones I used were either 5gram or 3gram. The RX now weight about 2gram. I am going to ,now, use a 2S 350mAh LiPo battery not sure of weight versus the 6 - 1/3AAA NiCads. So much weight, so small a wing.
   By the way where are you located? your avatar looks like an old AirBase.
  Radio systems can cost as little as $69 for a quality TX-RX no servos. I usually buy micro servos, 3 - 5 gram for less than $2.00 each, those were the old days, but I still see those prices, just a long wait NOW from china. I personally use HobbyKing Seattle for anything I need in a hurry. I can't vouch for their micro servo prices. Their 9gram, too large for me here, are very reasonable. Their radio system for about $69.00 is TX-RX and TX does not have a LCD setup screen. but you can a used DX6i, Spectrum, for from $45 to $75 if you watch. I watch for ones with broken switches, antennas or minor things, then order switches in bulk for $3 each or antennas for $15 and repair them and resell on Ebay. I haven't seen any good prices in the last 4 months. with everyone at home, more guys are doing the same. BTW not my job, just a hobby. I do have a couple of beginner 2.4GHz radios, without LCD setup screen, but you can reverse servos, mix rudder and elevator, etc with switches. It is easier, one you know how, with a setup screen, but just as easy with switches, once you know how. IF I can help, I can send you 3 or 4 links to items, and you pick and choose.
   Same with anything you need. That's what I do, research, look, look some more, compare costs then buy, buy, buy. Money Toss  we even have an icon for carelessly spending money.

PM me for help if you need it.

I'm here if I can help.  happydad RC Plane Old Bugger United States
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceberg Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:43 am

I bought the Cox spitfire from sears in about 1976?? Flew it many many times. It was ok but flight time was low. Today with Lithium Ion Batteries and 30,000+rpm brushless motors things would be GREATLY different.

Ice
Iceberg
Iceberg
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

LOL show me oh bee one

Post  happydad Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:10 pm

Iceberg wrote:I bought the Cox spitfire from sears in about 1976?? Flew it many many times. It was ok but flight time was low. Today with Lithium Ion Batteries and 30,000+rpm brushless motors things would be GREATLY different.

Ice

do you have any pictures for comparison?
    My Spitfire came with the brushed motor glued in so i thought i would start there. Show us something.

happydad RC Plane United States Old Bugger I Love This Forum!
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:46 pm

I love/hate electrics. Love them for their ease of use and simplicity, hate them for the same reasons. They make things to easy.

I have several. On my long driveway I actually got some air under the wing of the B-25 before cutting the throttle and letting it settle back to ground. No place close here in WV to fly R/C without a lot of travel.

What I'm looking forward to flying is the C/L Nieuport 28 and the Aircrate of long ago. Noise, oily, finger grabbing nitro. But the electric SE5 sure creates some wind.

Cox planes on Ebay P1010363
Cox planes on Ebay P1010364
Cox planes on Ebay P1010365
Cox planes on Ebay P1010366
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

LOL somebody has an EZ Bee in the corner.

Post  happydad Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:07 pm

rsv1cox wrote:I love/hate electrics.  Love them for their ease of use and simplicity, hate them for the same reasons.  They make things to easy.

I have several.  On my long driveway I actually got some air under the wing of the B-25 before cutting the throttle and letting it settle back to ground.  No place close here in WV to fly R/C without a lot of travel.  

What I'm looking forward to flying is the C/L Nieuport 28 and the Aircrate of long ago.  Noise, oily, finger grabbing nitro.   But the electric SE5 sure creates some wind.

Cox planes on Ebay P1010363
Cox planes on Ebay P1010364
Cox planes on Ebay P1010365
Cox planes on Ebay P1010366

I love the last biplane. Is that the SE-5?  all of the look great. It looks like you might even have a Gravity Zero in a shelf and another gravity model on a stand on the table above the white German(?) biplane?

Really nice collection there. show me more.  Most of my planes are sailplanes from 36inch to 96inch. I love flying the smaller ones because they are less expensive to build.

I will have to take a picture of the little German biplane I have that runs off a 150mAh battery.

love them all.   happydad RC Plane United States Old Bugger
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

LOL Not feeling the love, Finky

Post  Mark Diedrichs Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:09 pm

The cox planes,cars and planes are great toys of the past. However this is Cox Engine forum.So if you're gonna knock finky, the planes you have a love hate relationship with are not powered with a Cox Engine. These models have a electric motor!!! So what's the beef Bro??? It's all good as far as I can See!!!! Mark
Mark Diedrichs
Mark Diedrichs
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:16 pm

Mark,

What does "knock finky" mean?
TIA
944_Jim
944_Jim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:22 pm

happydad wrote:
rsv1cox wrote:I love/hate electrics.  Love them for their ease of use and simplicity, hate them for the same reasons.  They make things to easy.

I have several.  On my long driveway I actually got some air under the wing of the B-25 before cutting the throttle and letting it settle back to ground.  No place close here in WV to fly R/C without a lot of travel.  

What I'm looking forward to flying is the C/L Nieuport 28 and the Aircrate of long ago.  Noise, oily, finger grabbing nitro.   But the electric SE5 sure creates some wind.

I love the last biplane. Is that the SE-5?  all of the look great. It looks like you might even have a Gravity Zero in a shelf and another gravity model on a stand on the table above the white German(?) biplane?

Really nice collection there. show me more.  Most of my planes are sailplanes from 36inch to 96inch. I love flying the smaller ones because they are less expensive to build.

I will have to take a picture of the little German biplane I have that runs off a 150mAh battery.

love them all.   happydad RC Plane United States Old Bugger

Yes, it's a foam SE5A that belongs to my son. I store it for him. The pedestal German plane is a foam ME-109 that my son has flown a few times also the T-28 on the shelf. The "zero gravity" blue/silver plane is a diecast P-38.

The white plane is a Strutz Aircrate

https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=2415

I got it in pieces with escapement. Rebuilt it with parts from crashed airplanes. Built a new top wing for it using the outerzone plan. Mounted an Enya .09 and it's yet to be flown. Converted to C/L.

Cox planes on Ebay Aircra22
Cox planes on Ebay Aircra23
Cox planes on Ebay Aircra21
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:29 pm

Mark Diedrichs wrote:The cox planes,cars and planes are great toys of the past. However this is Cox Engine forum.So if you're gonna knock finky, the planes you have a love hate relationship with are not powered with a Cox Engine. These models have a electric motor!!! So what's the beef Bro??? It's all good as far as I can See!!!! Mark

I don't think I was "knocking" anything Mark. Huh...
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

LOL Say What???

Post  Mark Diedrichs Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:37 pm

944_Jim wrote:Mark,

What does "knock finky" mean?
TIA
Has to do with the cox engine contest. As finky was not the (normal model) submission!! Mark
Mark Diedrichs
Mark Diedrichs
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

LOL The reply was meant for happydad

Post  Mark Diedrichs Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:47 pm

Peace Happy People!!!! MarkCox planes on Ebay 20190326
Mark Diedrichs
Mark Diedrichs
Gold Member
Gold Member