Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Enya 06 T.V Diesel Rear Induction Reconditioned  Cox_ba12

Enya 06 T.V Diesel Rear Induction Reconditioned  Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Today at 10:24 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Today at 7:20 am

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by rsv1cox Today at 6:50 am

» Norvel Needle Needed
by Greenman38633 Today at 4:02 am

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by roddie Yesterday at 11:51 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 7:04 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 6:55 pm

» World's largest weathervane
by Cox International Yesterday at 3:38 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Yesterday at 1:30 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 8:21 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Enya 06 T.V Diesel Rear Induction Reconditioned  Empty
Live on Patrol

Enya 06 T.V Diesel Rear Induction Reconditioned

Go down

Enya 06 T.V Diesel Rear Induction Reconditioned  Empty Enya 06 T.V Diesel Rear Induction Reconditioned

Post  sosam117 Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:25 pm

Been busy reconditioning Enya engines.
I have another one done.
It is an Enya 06 T.V. Diesel Rear Induction Engine:

Here are the photos before / after:
Enya 06 T.V Diesel Rear Induction Reconditioned  Enya_056
Enya 06 T.V Diesel Rear Induction Reconditioned  Enya_057

Enya 06 T.V Diesel Rear Induction Reconditioned  Enya_058
Enya 06 T.V Diesel Rear Induction Reconditioned  Enya_059

The engine was missing the spring on the needle valve, wrong prop washer.
It is still missing the starter spring and locking lever on the contra screw. (parts is not available any more.)
I'll make a locking lever that will look close like the original.
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Enya 06 T.V Diesel Rear Induction Reconditioned  Empty Re: Enya 06 T.V Diesel Rear Induction Reconditioned

Post  getback Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:50 am

Nice !! Is that a throttle lever? I see you restructured the intake also ? Good luck on the parts search!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Enya 06 T.V Diesel Rear Induction Reconditioned  Empty Re: Enya 06 T.V Diesel Rear Induction Reconditioned

Post  GallopingGhostler Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:02 am

Nice work, sosam117, and a rarer Enya .06, a diesel no less. As getback (Eric) is alluding to, I'm guessing that the lever in the carb intake controls a choke style throttle? Have you a chance yet to bench run it? Or, will it be a collectable on-display item?

Found this interesting post in RC Groups -> Aircraft - Fuel - General -> Engines Discussion -> Enya engines ...who's still using them? It is I believe, the glow version, he mentions about it being very noisy. I've heard that diesels are quieter, don't make as much racket, although to be honest, I have never seen a diesel model engine started or run.

rcgroups.com: Thread 2068286 - Enya engines who's still using them? Page 172, Post #46475471

fps60 of Russia, Moscow, Moskva wrote:And I nearly forgot about 1/2A! Here is Enya 06-II, a loud noisy bee, a bit overweighted for its displacement, however, a good puller: half-A engine in half-A airframe controlled by half-A pilot - very consistent combination, I'd say.

GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:16 am

getback wrote:Nice !! Is that a throttle lever? I see you restructured the intake also ? Good luck on the parts search!

First answer to your question is "YES" it is a throttle lever.
It was missing a spring washer on the one side to give some friction on the throttle barrel, so I made my own.

2nd answer to your question:
Yes, I used a little JB Weld because the groove that holds the "C" clip was 1/3 gone from over the years.
I could have just removed the "C" clip and screen but I wanted to preserve what is there.

What I did was to use a small plastic straw to keep the JB Weld from closing in on the screen and try to keep the screen dia. the same. Then I built up the JB Weld around the outside dia. of the plastic straw, Leaving plenty of JB Weld on the intake to sand it down later.
Next day, I removed the plastic straw. The JB Weld didn't stick to the straw (what I wanted).
Then I carefully sanded off the excess JB Weld to blend into the intake venturi.
Then, using a small brush (using Aero Gloss clear dope) sealed the JB Weld from fuel.

Last edited by sosam117 on Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : type in answer to 1st question --- throttle lever.)
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:36 am

[quote="GallopingGhostler"]Nice work, sosam117, and a rarer Enya .06, a diesel no less. As getback (Eric) is alluding to, I'm guessing that the lever in the carb intake controls a choke style throttle? Have you a chance yet to bench run it? Or, will it be a collectable on-display item?

Found this interesting post in RC Groups -> Aircraft - Fuel - General -> Engines Discussion -> Enya engines ...who's still using them? It is I believe, the glow version, he mentions about it being very noisy. I've heard that diesels are quieter, don't make as much racket, although to be honest, I have never seen a diesel model engine started or run.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Enya 06-D  lever in the back on the venturi intake is a choke style throttle. Just about like a Cox Sure Start engine, with the throttle lever at the end (top) of the intake tube.
No chance for me to run it as the temperature outside is 12 above with a wind chill of -14 below (wind gusts to 40mph)
Got to love that Chicago weather?
It probably will be a engine for display. No replacement reeds from Enya and original reed is the "brass" type reed.
I ran a Enya .049 reed engine (glow) exactly like the Enya .06 reed engine last year to see and hear it run.

I've been collection the "small" Enya family (.049/ .06/ .08 and .10) for years. Started in 1998
Started with two Enya 06D-II (diesel) engines from Ed Carlson Imports in Phoenix Arizona ( 602-863-1684)
He was importing them (just the diesels) from Japan until MRC did a cease and desist from selling "any" Enya engines.
Carlson was just selling the diesel line of engines from Enya.
MRC ( at the time Enya's USA distributer) was not importing the diesels because they figured they wouldn't sell.
I like the diesel engines. I have many PAW, MVVS, Mills, McCoy, Irvine, CS - China, Webra, and Enya diesels.
I have probably have well over 100 diesel engines all together? More diesels than glow engines.
Problem I have now is getting fuel for the diesel engines (after 911 plane crashes)
I was able to order fuel from Tower Hobbies, Sig Manufacturing, Red Max Fuel, Aerodyne, Dr. Diesel, and Davis Diesel fuel.
Now I only have one source (Aerodyne) to get the fuel and in only quart cans ( shipped one quart at a time).

As for how noisy the engines are. Without the muffler it is about as noisy as a Cox Tee Dee 05 or 09.
Install the muffler on it and the noise is reduced by about 1/3 and really doesn't hurt performance.
The noise from diesel engine are a lot less than their glow counter parts. The reason I run diesels.
Another benefit with a diesel is with a muffler installed, it doesn't hurt the engine performance.
Sometimes it helps by giving it some back pressure, and diesel engines run longer on less fuel.
I even hook up a long section of tubing from the muffler down to the landing gear (zip tied).
It keeps the caster oil off the plane.
The reason diesel are quieter is they turn less revs while swinging a bigger prop.

Here are My two Enya engines ( one glow / one diesel) I was breaking in in the summer of 2019.
My Diesel 06-II Version #4:
Enya 06 T.V Diesel Rear Induction Reconditioned  Enya_061
My Glow 06-II Version #4
Enya 06 T.V Diesel Rear Induction Reconditioned  Enya_062
Enya 06 T.V Diesel Rear Induction Reconditioned  Enya_060

Enya Muffler for the engines:
Enya 06 T.V Diesel Rear Induction Reconditioned  Enya_064
Enya 06 T.V Diesel Rear Induction Reconditioned  Exhaus10
Enya 06 T.V Diesel Rear Induction Reconditioned  Enya_063

I was breaking them in without the muffler installed.
The fuel tank I made holds 14cc of fuel.
I wanted to see the run time on each engine on 14cc of fuel.
The glow runs for around 10 minutes. The diesel will run for 13-14 minutes
Prop on the glow and diesel were the same (APC 8x4) though the diesel could have taken a larger prop?
Another thing to know on these engines is -- they all have very low compression ratio. (about 8:1?)
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down