Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Cox Sportsman .15 R / C and Homemade Muffler  Cox_ba12

Cox Sportsman .15 R / C and Homemade Muffler  Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by roddie Yesterday at 11:51 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by Cribbs74 Yesterday at 10:52 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 7:04 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 6:55 pm

» Norvel Needle Needed
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 5:36 pm

» World's largest weathervane
by Cox International Yesterday at 3:38 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Yesterday at 1:30 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 11:34 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 8:21 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Tue May 07, 2024 7:29 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Cox Sportsman .15 R / C and Homemade Muffler  Empty
Live on Patrol

Cox Sportsman .15 R / C and Homemade Muffler

Go down

Cox Sportsman .15 R / C and Homemade Muffler  Empty Cox Sportsman .15 R / C and Homemade Muffler

Post  MauricioB Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:58 pm

Hi everyone, this time I wanted to make my Cox Sportsman .15 a little quieter.
A .15 cubic inch motor and with these wide exhaust ports makes itself heard !! ..., so I decided to make a muffler from a solid aluminum alloy bar.
Here in the video are the results, I really like how your sound is now, it allows you to be more sociable in the club haha .... I hope you like the video! Very Happy Very Happy Small Cox Logo Small Cox Logo Very Happy Very Happy
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Cox Sportsman .15 R / C and Homemade Muffler  Empty Re: Cox Sportsman .15 R / C and Homemade Muffler

Post  1/2A Nut Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:17 pm

Very nice Mauricio a much more friendly engine with the header and
manifold keeping the tone of the exhaust easy on the ears! If you can
find these brass fittings makes for a simple solution for good breathing.

Cox Sportsman .15 R / C and Homemade Muffler  20200614

Small Cox Logo RC Plane Thumbs Up
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Cox Sportsman .15 R / C and Homemade Muffler  Empty Re: Cox Sportsman .15 R / C and Homemade Muffler

Post  Cribbs74 Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Nice, good job, throttles real well. Did I miss the part where you made a rear carb intake?
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:30 pm

Yes y no how loud the .15 is m'y self use mufler y have fit on the sportsman y did try rc wit carb fix wit pice tube just using the valve on the carburator work Good y have two of them tink of build model for them use twin .10 To .15 Huh...
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:16 am

Cribbs74 wrote:Nice, good job, throttles real well. Did I miss the part where you made a rear carb intake?

Hello friend! ... actually now after a few years I have manufactured the silencer. It's what I show here ...
But the history of this engine and trying to control the speed, goes back a few years ago, where many members of the group gave me ideas of how to do it, it was then that Brad gave me the option of placing an air valve as shown here:
https://www.coxengineforum.com/t9410-video-cox-sportsman-15#119842
Based on Brad's idea, I started rehearsing and finally succeeded.

But as I said at the beginning, now I show the manufacture of the silencer.

Last edited by MauricioB on Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:38 am; edited 2 times in total
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:19 am

1/2A Nut wrote:Very nice Mauricio a much more friendly engine with the header and
manifold keeping the tone of the exhaust easy on the ears! If you can
find these brass fittings makes for a simple solution for good breathing.
Small Cox Logo RC Plane Thumbs Up

thank you dear friend Beer Cheers
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:21 am

davidll1984 wrote:Yes y no how loud the .15 is m'y self use mufler y have fit on the sportsman y did try rc wit carb fix wit pice tube just using the valve on the carburator work Good y have two of them tink of build model for them use twin .10 To .15  Huh...

Hi David ... the engine works with great power, tomorrow God willing, I will do some flights!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:33 am

Congratulations Mauricio. Is the muffler held down on the crankcase by the lowermost cylinder fin after you screw in the cylinder, like most of the COX mufflers?
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:49 am

balogh wrote:Congratulations Mauricio. Is the muffler held down on the crankcase by the lowermost cylinder fin after you screw in the cylinder, like most of the COX mufflers?

Thanks very much friend!.
No Andras, in this case it is held by the second fin of the cylinder counting from the bottom up.
It turns out that the base skirt of the cylinder is the same size as the bottom fin, therefore, as this muffler is one piece, the drilling does not stop or seal.
In the drawing you will see the sketch of how it really fits and is firmly fixed.
Points A and B were the idea of placing Oring in case it were necessary, but seeing the operating experience, everything is very well sealed and watertight, so that Oring is not necessary. Anyway I can place them as follows:
A) between fin 1 and fin 2, an Oring can be placed there
B) By making a groove in the muffler, an Oring can be accommodated.
But I repeat, A and B were an option in case of gas leaks and afterburners, but everything seems to go very well without them.

Cox Sportsman .15 R / C and Homemade Muffler  Dibujo10
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:58 am

Brad the propeller is: Cox Grey 8 x 4
Cox Sportsman .15 R / C and Homemade Muffler  Screen19
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:43 am

Well, the result in flight was perfect, the engine runs very well in all positions and acrobatics.
The engine sound improved considerably making it much more pleasant.
Here in this video, there are two flights, the first with zero wind and the second with wind between 35 and 40 km / h.
I like how this Cox Sportsman .15 engine turned out with a lot to give and enjoy ahead! RC Plane Small Cox Logo RC Plane Small Cox Logo RC Plane Very Happy Very Happy
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:29 am

A very beautiful flight. It's been a long time since I flew a .15 sportsman or any other plane i
miss it. My controller fail lost signal twice with two different plane my secon controler is in drone reparation place for the seting of one of my new toys free style 250 drone y use m'y litle 4x4 Every day. since the last modification its lots of fun like noting To stop him
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:58 pm

Flight with Snark 5T and Cox Sportsman .15 r / c.
Camera on board ..
an air record of our club, hangar area and our model airplane runway ...
I hope you enjoy the video...
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:39 am

Thank you Mauricio, very well done. It is quite energizing to watch such a flight in the morning when you wake up and check CEF entries on the telephone while still in bed!  Smile  RC Plane

Where was the camera fixed on the plane, was it under the fuselage, crosswise? My small keychain camera sits mostly on the wing near the tip in order to avoid castor droplets hitting the lens.
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:33 am

balogh wrote:Thank you Mauricio, very well done. It is quite energizing to watch such a flight in the morning when you wake up and check CEF entries on the telephone while still in bed!  Smile  RC Plane

Where was the camera fixed on the plane, was it under the fuselage, crosswise? My small keychain camera sits mostly on the wing near the tip in order to avoid castor droplets hitting the lens.

Thank you very much András for your comment, I am very happy you like the video.
The engine really works perfect, everything built into it like the air valve and the silencer seems to have always been there, since it behaves 10 points out of 10.
It allows you to make controlled flights and enjoy this powerful engine a lot.
Here I show you how to install the camera, everything is very simple. A plywood board, held up with rubber bands and built-in foam rubber to minimize vibrations. Everything turned out very well.
I hope you can and keep flying, I really wish it to be so! Thumbs Up RC Plane
Thanks again friend!
Cox Sportsman .15 R / C and Homemade Muffler  Dsc04812
Cox Sportsman .15 R / C and Homemade Muffler  Dsc04813
Cox Sportsman .15 R / C and Homemade Muffler  Dsc04814
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:05 am

These dogs are here because people have abandoned them and they appear in the club, they become great friends, so there they are part of this wonderful hobby ... in this photo, waiting to eat! Very Happy  Very Happy
Cox Sportsman .15 R / C and Homemade Muffler  Img-2064
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:28 pm

That was a fantastic flight video! Felt like I was in a passenger seat looking out the window. what Fun! Dancing with Dogs...not quite the same as wolfs but just as much fun.
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:29 am

Si cute This black white dog reminds me of my little doge a corgy galoi named cocotte y mis m'y friend Deceased 10 years ago Cox Sportsman .15 R / C and Homemade Muffler  Screen93
Look like
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:34 am

Marleysky wrote:That was a fantastic flight video! Felt like I was in a passenger seat looking out the window. what Fun!  Dancing with Dogs...not quite the same as wolfs but just as much fun.

Thank you very much for your comment Marleysky!! Thank you again ... I'm glad you like the flight!
These dogs are great, a bit of affection and they return all their affection ... there are 4 of them and they walk together throughout the club, there they have the whole property to run, they have water and food, so they have a great time.
Cox Sportsman .15 R / C and Homemade Muffler  20210310
Cox Sportsman .15 R / C and Homemade Muffler  20210311
Cox Sportsman .15 R / C and Homemade Muffler  20210312
Cox Sportsman .15 R / C and Homemade Muffler  20210313
Now I also have personal canine custody for my models hahaha lol!  lol!  I Love This Forum!
Cox Sportsman .15 R / C and Homemade Muffler  20210314

Last edited by MauricioB on Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:47 am

davidll1984 wrote:Si cute This black white dog reminds me of my little doge a corgy galoi named cocotte y mis m'y friend Deceased 10 years ago Cox Sportsman .15 R / C and Homemade Muffler  Screen93
Look like

Thanks David, yes, animals are incredible beings!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down