Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

A good day Cox_ba12

A good day Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» A choke-tube with velocity-stack configured Bee
by roddie Today at 10:48 am

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rsv1cox Today at 10:26 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by getback Today at 9:55 am

» WenMac 049 - Glow Plug & Head Gasket replacements?
by Ken Cook Today at 8:06 am

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by rsv1cox Today at 7:32 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» Nostalgia alert, my 1959 Corvette revisited
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 2:25 pm

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by akjgardner Yesterday at 10:28 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 4:30 pm

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by getback Fri May 17, 2024 7:19 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 5:35 am

» Looking For Comet Tri-Pacer
by latole Fri May 17, 2024 3:45 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

A good day Empty
Live on Patrol

A good day

Go down

A good day Empty A good day

Post  rsv1cox Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:34 pm

I watch the news everyday and at times I'm so down I have to look up to see the bottoms of my shoes, if you only have a casual acquaintance with the news you know what I mean.

Then today happens. Two guys, both named John coasts apart and out of the blue made my day. Little things, wouldn't mean a darn to anyone else. Really good people exist everywhere and not just on this forum.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

A good day Empty Re: A good day

Post  Marleysky Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:29 pm

It’s nice to hear you have had a “good day”!  I know how stressful life can be working 6 days a week. Waking to a alarm to get up in the morning shocking you out of sleep. Fighting traffic across the city trying not to be late for work while suppressing the urge to use my car as a ram rod to push those slugs outta the way. Then forcing a smile on my face, using a calm voice to assure a customer we appreciate their business, but it’s only been 4 weeks since their order was placed for a special built product that takes 6 weeks to build and ship. “the salesman said it’d be here by the end of the month!” What I can’t say out loud-salesmen lie, he didn’t say what month did he?
Yeeeesh! I Don’t miss those days at all. Now everyday is Saturday, I wake up when my body says it’s had enough sleep, and go to bed whenever I’m tired. I get to do anything  I want to do for as long as I want to ( some limits apply) I don’t know why some employers give their employees who retire a gold watch. I retired, took my watch off, unplugged and tossed out the alarm clock and generally don’t give a hoot about what time it is, cause it’s MY time! My blood pressure is back in the normal range, without taking meds. Shoot! You’ve been retired a lot longer than I have, I’m sure you know what I’m talking about. Just a long story to remind you to NOT watch the nightly news! Just every so often I’ll stand up straight from what I working on and gaze off to the horizon...if I don’t see a giant mushroom cloud and a bright flash of light it’s a good day!!   Hey ! Long dissertation to encourage you to avoid the talking heads and the fear they try to spread with the “news”   There is more fun out here waiting to happen lol!
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:01 pm

Marleysky wrote:It’s nice to hear you have had a “good day”!  I know how stressful life can be working 6 days a week. Waking to a alarm to get up in the morning shocking you out of sleep. Fighting traffic across the city trying not to be late for work while suppressing the urge to use my car as a ram rod to push those slugs outta the way. Then forcing a smile on my face, using a calm voice to assure a customer we appreciate their business, but it’s only been 4 weeks since their order was placed for a special built product that takes 6 weeks to build and ship. “the salesman said it’d be here by the end of the month!” What I can’t say out loud-salesmen lie, he didn’t say what month did he?
Yeeeesh! I Don’t miss those days at all. Now everyday is Saturday, I wake up when my body says it’s had enough sleep, and go to bed whenever I’m tired. I get to do anything  I want to do for as long as I want to ( some limits apply) I don’t know why some employers give their employees who retire a gold watch. I retired, took my watch off, unplugged and tossed out the alarm clock and generally don’t give a hoot about what time it is, cause it’s MY time! My blood pressure is back in the normal range, without taking meds. Shoot! You’ve been retired a lot longer than I have, I’m sure you know what I’m talking about. Just a long story to remind you to NOT watch the nightly news! Just every so often I’ll stand up straight from what I working on and gaze off to the horizon...if I don’t see a giant mushroom cloud and a bright flash of light it’s a good day!!   Hey ! Long dissertation to encourage you to avoid the talking heads and the fear they try to spread with the “news”   There is more fun out here waiting to happen lol!
I'll be joining you gentlemen, as of April 2nd. Looking forward!
My body told me I'm done.
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:12 pm

Thanks Rene, you reminded me just how lucky I am.

We had shared experiences.  I started working at 14 working straight through until I reached 55 and retired.  But, I loved my jobs, well maybe not my first one on a poultry farm so much, but  at fifty cents an hour it kept me in cars and gas.  

My problem is, I remember when both political persuasions worked together at least some of the time for the common good.  Today, we are more divided politically and socially than we ever have been.  Doesn't have to be this way.

Edit add: Welcome Bob. Load up on the balsa and the nitro.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down