Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

010's more run time and POWER I MUST HAVE MORE POWER WMAHHAHA - Page 2 Cox_ba12

010's more run time and POWER I MUST HAVE MORE POWER WMAHHAHA - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by GallopingGhostler Today at 10:36 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 10:26 am

» Internet buy
by Ken Cook Today at 9:15 am

» Artwork for Otto Kuhni
by GallopingGhostler Today at 8:26 am

» Sherline lathe wont run
by getback Today at 7:15 am

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Yesterday at 7:38 pm

» Feed Station Zebra.. Spring 2022
by roddie Yesterday at 5:59 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 11:12 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:43 am

» Baja Bug / Dune Buggy Recoil Starter
by vambrosini Mon May 13, 2024 8:57 pm

» Wanted: Pull Starter reapir kit for a Cox Dune Buggy.
by vambrosini Mon May 13, 2024 8:55 pm

» cox dune buggy/ baja bug
by vambrosini Mon May 13, 2024 8:49 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

010's more run time and POWER I MUST HAVE MORE POWER WMAHHAHA - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

010's more run time and POWER I MUST HAVE MORE POWER WMAHHAHA

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

010's more run time and POWER I MUST HAVE MORE POWER WMAHHAHA - Page 2 Empty Re: 010's more run time and POWER I MUST HAVE MORE POWER WMAHHAHA

Post  John Goddard Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:44 pm

dankar04 wrote:This is a little big for a small engine but Gerber makes baby pacifier that makes a dandy low pressure bladder. Remove un need material and make fitting to fit opening. Wall-Mart/ Drug stores carry these. 2-4 oz. can go a long way. Better for .049/.09/.15 size planes. You could also make bracket for remote nva to get amount of fuel to run. Its done in combat all the time. Just make sure you have a big Rx battery. Dan cheers Airplane

I gotta read up more about these Dan. We call em dummys over here. I'm not seeing how they work but as I say
more investigation needed.
Huh...
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

010's more run time and POWER I MUST HAVE MORE POWER WMAHHAHA - Page 2 Empty Re: 010's more run time and POWER I MUST HAVE MORE POWER WMAHHAHA

Post  microflitedude Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:47 pm

What about the plastic bags used in baby bottles?

(yes, I have siblings Very Happy )
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:51 pm

PV Pilot wrote:Darol Cady sells a tetra tank. I have the 3 oz on the way for one of the TeeDees I have for some pressure fun.
http://www.darrolcady.com/Tettra_Tanks/tettra_tanks.html

Maybe you could expand on this idea for a smaller size.

Yeah us YS fans are big fans of Tetra's Keith cos the mota forces 9psi into the tank, in fact most of my fleet have them.
However I think 3oz may be too much and more importantly too heavy don't forget when I first flew the Bacaruda at 142 grams it was a pig, now at 128g it's much nicer.
J Cool
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:53 pm

John, I didn't have time to read all of the posts yet, I'm on the fly, just passing by, but... If you want to try the pressure-less balloon again, plug the tail end of the tube so it can only drink through the drilled holes. That gave better consistency on the .049 engines. But if you're right about the slight vacuum, it still won't help.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:57 pm

microflitedude wrote:What about the plastic bags used in baby bottles?

I'm not sure what they are Matt? It's been a while (cough) since I messed around with all that stuff.

I think I'm going to settle on Rusty's system for the tank but instead of cigar tube which
will be too big poss a bit of C/F tube blanked off with balsa.
Smoking
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:00 pm

RknRusty wrote:John, I didn't have time to read all of the posts yet, I'm on the fly, just passing by, but... If you want to try the pressure-less balloon again, plug the tail end of the tube so it can only drink through the drilled holes. That gave better consistency on the .049 engines. But if you're right about the slight vacuum, it still won't help.

I'm having one of those 'cherry tree chopping' moments again Rusty......
I didn't acually drill the holes.......

Now where did I put my sword.......?

Embarassed
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:01 pm

How may CF tubes have you got?
Do they all come from Yaks?
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:11 pm

nitroairplane wrote:How may CF tubes have you got?
Do they all come from Yaks?

Naw not just wing tubes. I've a bit in the spares dept, once you start your 3d career you'll understand
the after flying repairing (if you're lucky) session.
Babe Bee
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:14 pm

I am scared of this 3d now as I know how much CF costs!
I am thinking a 6mm Depron yak 54 following the same pattern as your yak maybe with a symmetrical airfoil shaped into it.
Indra
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:26 pm

nitroairplane wrote:I am scared of this 3d now as I know how much CF costs!
I am thinking a 6mm Depron yak 54 following the same pattern as your yak maybe with a symmetrical airfoil shaped into it.
Indra

Excellent! My GB(can't get em any more)profile Yak has taught me more than any other plane, and somehow still flies
despite ME snappin wingtips off at least twice, fusalage probably 20 times, you pick it up get the cyano out
and fly it again 5 mins later. Perhaps I should just learn to fly Very Happy .
Don't mess about making one, talk to Mark at Parkaero about one of his Telink Yak or Edges, it'll be my next plane
after the Yak is too heavy or gets a Medallion 15 nailed on the front.....
Smoking

Last edited by John Goddard on Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:32 pm

And John once done with the Yak you sen what should I do?
Resurrect it or send it back?
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:59 pm

nitroairplane wrote:And John once done with the Yak you sen what should I do?
Resurrect it or send it back?

It's yours
Biplane
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:05 pm

Resurrection it is then!
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:10 pm

John Goddard wrote:

I'm not sure what they are Matt? It's been a while (cough) since I messed around with all that stuff.

I think I'm going to settle on Rusty's system for the tank but instead of cigar tube which
Smoking

If it's external, just bag it with a piece of your wife's old hosiery. It's sorta ugly though. That's how my belly tank is hung under the Li'l Jumpin' Bean. If it's inside the fuse, then yeah, something fuelproof. For plugging the open end of the silly straw pickup tube, I just heated my needlenose pliers and squeezed it flat.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:34 pm

RknRusty wrote:
John Goddard wrote:

Smoking

If it's external, just bag it with a piece of your wife's old hosiery. It's sorta ugly though. That's how my belly tank is hung under the Li'l Jumpin' Bean. If it's inside the fuse, then yeah, something fuelproof. For plugging the open end of the silly straw pickup tube, I just heated my needlenose pliers and squeezed it flat.

I don't normally wish time away Rusty, but I can't wait till the weekend.................................!
Very Happy
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:43 pm

John Goddard wrote:I don't normally wish time away Rusty, but I can't wait till the weekend.................................!
Very Happy
I'm getting that way too, but don't do it, it's a bad idea. I already know I have a slim chance of flying time Saturday or Sunday. If I do get out, the Bean and the Stuntman are ready and waiting. I thought my Li'l Satan was, but now it has engine trouble again. But I'm going to write a story about that in another thread.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

010's more run time and POWER I MUST HAVE MORE POWER WMAHHAHA - Page 2 Empty 'They' say confession is good for the soul......

Post  John Goddard Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:34 pm

OK, so not only did it rain and rain and rain here today thereby giving my neighbours the day off from high piched
NOISE but I boobed!
Ah say boobed actually I had a light bulb moment which I thought I should share, to stop you guys from ever having
a 'Johnny moment'....
You'll recall earlier in this thread that I wasn't able to keep 010 running with bladders and external devices etc etc.
Well.....!
Today I thought "it's wet lets take the thing to pieces" an hour later I had it stripped, cleaned, blown out and reassembled.
I fired it up (indoors ohoh) it still didn't want to play.
I thought this is daft, there are no blockages, leaks splits nuffin there's only one thing I haven't done.
So I changed what obviously I should have changed at the start, yep the Glow head and guess what? It runs like a top
again.
So if there's a moral to this tale, it's don't be an idiot (that'll be my job) start at the obvious parts first and if you don't have spare glows get some.
(Ab?)'Normal' service will be resumed as soon as posible .....
I'll start with the externals again tomorrow. Stay tuned kids.

Last edited by John Goddard on Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:05 pm

John,

Don't give up on that glow yet. It can be cleaned with denatured alcohol. The filament is probably dirty amd just needs a cleaning.

Or....... You can send it to me lol!
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

010's more run time and POWER I MUST HAVE MORE POWER WMAHHAHA - Page 2 Empty TD .010

Post  dankar04 Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:23 pm

Good fuel/clean engine /good battery and LAST GOOD Plug work allmost evey time. lol!
dankar04
dankar04
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:40 pm

cribbs74 wrote:John,

Don't give up on that glow yet. It can be cleaned with denatured alcohol. The filament is probably dirty amd just needs a cleaning.

Or....... You can send it to me lol!

At this rate Ron I'll soon be drinking a cople pints of it a day
Very Happy
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:38 am

Your not alone John. Had a bad glow insert the other day and couldn't figure out why I Had to have the needle so tight to get it to run. Motor surging with big swings in rpms when it should have been stable. Changed the insert and guess what.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:30 am

Not the prettiest install ya'll likely to see but it was (excuse excuse) thrown together when I got back from work yesterday and had 2.5 hours to load car, drive 6 miles and fly before dusk.....
So I think it's going to score better than a tank if for no other reason than it kept running regardless of altitude, attitude and even seemed fine in my attempted inverted not easy with a flat bottomed wing section, no ailerons with V shaped dihedral.
I settled on a finger from a kitchen type rubber glove as it seemed more robust also instead of a drinking straw I
purloined the ink tube from a BIC biro as the pickup tube. This seemed much less likey to crush when clamping a cable tie up TIGHT to stop pesky leakages. When full the finger held around 5cc of squirt which gave 4mins 32 in the air before the 'glide'.
I may get a soy sauce tank next weekend to just 'see' but I don't think it can be any better than this.
J
Flying

010's more run time and POWER I MUST HAVE MORE POWER WMAHHAHA - Page 2 Pictur58
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:38 am

BTW
Rusty, I left the pipe end open and it has 10 needle pricks along the pipe.
Very Happy
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

010's more run time and POWER I MUST HAVE MORE POWER WMAHHAHA - Page 2 Empty Todays lunch

Post  John Goddard Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:15 am

As per Indra's recommendation I've got Sushi
for lunch today...
010's more run time and POWER I MUST HAVE MORE POWER WMAHHAHA - Page 2 Pictur59
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:20 am

The Soy sauce bottle is 17cc capacity but only weighs 3 grams, so 1 gram lighter than optrex bottle but 7cc greater capacity.
Even if this doesn't work on the Bacaruda I think it could well be the tank du jour for Johnnies upcomming Cox carbed utube
weekend. 049 Wrench for scale
010's more run time and POWER I MUST HAVE MORE POWER WMAHHAHA - Page 2 Pictur60
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next