Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

How long will it be until......................... Cox_ba12

How long will it be until......................... Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Today at 8:12 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by roddie Today at 6:51 pm

» *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -May 2024-
by Admin Today at 6:46 pm

» Post your Older ignition books
by lla Today at 6:34 pm

» S1 Ringmaster
by Onelife Today at 8:40 am

» Speed plane - Crispy but not too crispy
by rsv1cox Today at 7:54 am

» O&R 23 & Brown Jr
by getback Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by MauricioB Today at 2:31 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Hemostat clamp/smooth-jaws
by roddie Yesterday at 3:48 pm

» Black Widow Run time
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:44 pm

» 1:64 scale Diecast (Hot Wheels)
by roddie Yesterday at 3:33 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

How long will it be until......................... Empty
Live on Patrol

How long will it be until.........................

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How long will it be until......................... Empty How long will it be until.........................

Post  SuperDave Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:11 pm

For your eyes only: NOT INTENDED FOR DISTRIBUTION

......the government regulates the sale and distribution of nitro fuel? It would start by delaring in a "hardardous material" then require MSDS's (Material Safety Data Sheets), licensing of distributors, establishing "limits" on consumer purchasing, taxation and on................

A nightmare scenario for sure but given the "gub'ments" penchant to regulate things, a distinct possibility. Comment?

SuperDave
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

How long will it be until......................... Empty Re: How long will it be until.........................

Post  nitroairplane Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:14 pm

In the UK I think there is a maximum amount one can our haze at any given time It is 10 litres.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

How long will it be until......................... Empty Re: How long will it be until.........................

Post  SuperDave Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:28 pm

nitroairplane wrote:In the UK I think there is a maximum amount one can our haze at any given time It is 10 litres.

As "with "Crown Royal", key would be being mindfull of your consumption refreshing your "stash" as needed.

10L is a LOT of nitro for a 1/2A whereas 1L of "Crown Royal" seems to evaporate. cheers

SuperDave
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:37 pm

Yes especially when it's christmas Laughing
Nah I don't reay drink apart from special occasions or that occasion cool refreshing pint while watching the match.
But 10 litres of nitro also seems to evaporate when you are running in large 1/8 scale rc
Monstertrucks that have big .36 size engine that seem to take for ever to run in properly.
But I do t run big rc cars anymore so it's cool.
But do you really have restrictions on wiskey?
I do not think we have any restrictions on drink besides the fact you must be over 18 to buy it.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:29 pm

But do you really have restrictions on wiskey?
.[/quote]

for those 21 and over the only "possession" restriction here is limited by the contents of your wallet. As with so many states alcohol is a MAJOR source of tax revenue. In Washington (state) the state is in the liquor distribution and sales business too complete with their own attendant bueauacracy.

An initiative to overturn this is afoot now.

SuperDave
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:58 am

I forgot you had to be 21 to buy alcohol accross the pond.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:30 am

nitroairplane wrote:I forgot you had to be 21 to buy alcohol accross the pond.

There are some that would say that 21 is unreasonable if your can fight (and die) for your contry prior to that. I can't buy that arguement at all because we no longer have active military draft in place. BTW, the only reason that the miltary draft system was "mothballed" in '73 was due to the stiff resistance here to the war in Viet Nam.

So how could lowering the the age of the LEGAL consumption of alcohol be rationalized? Next would be lowering the age to drive.

"Fairness" you might say but how does "fairness" serve a social purpose?

SuperDave
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:42 am

drink is a major problem here but i think age does not have much to do with it because the kind of people that drink excessive amounts when they are 18 have been doing so for at least 2 years prior to that so they can obviously still get it from older friend or shops that will sell to them.
where you 'for' or 'against' the war in vietnam?
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:11 am

nitroairplane wrote:
where you 'for' or 'against' the war in vietnam?

I can hardly say that I was "for" the war in Vietnam especially in the later stages. Inceptionally it was an extention of the "containment policy" and a commitment to SEATO (South East Asian Treaty Organization). Add to that the idealism of President John F. Kennedy ('61-'63).

As the tenor of the war developed it became quite evident that the US had "a tiger by the tail" in Vietnam. To "release the tiger" would be to absorb a defeat and to fight it would take an even greater commitment of lives and money. A modern paralell would be the war in A'stan.

I was pilloried by a predicament because, although my opinion was shifting, professionally is was adventageous to be supportive of the war. When the Treaty of Paris in '73 was signed I knew it would be but a short time until "the tiger" won. I watched in absolute horror the fall of Saigon and saw "the tiger" win the war.

Such wars are, in fact, wars of attrition and thus tests of how long the combatants can endure. In that, the US has and is the loser.

SuperDave

Last edited by SuperDave on Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:32 am

yes but did you not mean south east asia?
And i have noticed that every war since ww2 that America has been involved in has been indirectly against Russia as they have all been fought against russian weapons and comunist countries that are relatively strongly linked to Russia.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:41 am

nitroairplane wrote:yes but did you not mean south east asia?

'Tis true. I just got carried away with my own verbosity (again). Thanks for the correction which I applied to my errant submition.

SD
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:58 am

I remember there was a blurb about the halt of CHINAthane production when the 08 Olympics were on. Something about seriously corrosive pollution,,or something like that. As if that would make a dent in there pollution condition.

I bet there will be a eventual "Listed material" condition,,or something just to get there hands in the cookie jar a bit further.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:20 pm

PV Pilot wrote:I remember there was a blurb about the halt of CHINAthane production when the 08 Olympics were on. Something about seriously corrosive pollution,,or something like that. As if that would make a dent in there pollution condition.

I bet there will be a eventual "Listed material" condition,,or something just to get there
hands in the cookie jar a bit further.

Prior to the '08 Olymics The Chinese government DID issue severe ultimatums to domestic pollution producers ergo the skies cleared and the vistas improved. Following the Olympics it was a return to "business as usual".

Seeing the cloud of pollution haze over Beijing (aka: Peking) is a most memorable emperience, COUGH! The burning of coal is a major contributor.

The regulation of nito fuel could become just another "cash cow" for government. With government when is "more" ever enough?

SuperDave

SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:24 pm

it appears that "the feds" never run out of things to apply duties and taxes to VAT is at 20.5% here that is insane.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:06 pm

nitroairplane wrote:it appears that "the feds" never run out of things to apply duties and taxes to VAT is at 20.5% here that is insane.

VAT, to me, is a good exampele of "repressive taxation" as it stiffles commerce as an unintended consquence. Stiffled commerce yields reduced tax revenue leading to further taxation and the cycle continues ad nausium. Through most the world the "demand" for government services is on a metoric rise. To meet that demand taxes MUST be increased as in the US. Citizens want the services but don't want to pay for them. What a paradox! The notion here is that government services are somehow "free" which could not be farther from the truth.

Ecomics is oft called "The Dismal Science" and for good reason.

SD

SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

How long will it be until......................... Empty Back to Nitro...

Post  AT1984 Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:07 pm

SuperDave,

There was actually quite a stir when Timothy McVeigh bombed the Federal Building in Oklahoma City. He used ammonium nitrate and nitromethane. It's cited in the trial documents, and there was a lot of testimony on the subject. There are more restrictions in place now, but not enough that it's terribly restrictive. Note I said "now". That's always subject to change.

I heard quite a bit about it back then, due to my having friends that drag race, and use nitromethane. It's too lengthy to get into on this forum...but for now, the restrictions aren't that bad (at least for the people I know that drag race). Crew members that handle nitro have to be "certified".

Well known drag racer Dale Pulde is a nitro supplier for lots of drag racers.

Allen
AT1984
AT1984
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:18 pm

AT1984 wrote:SuperDave,

There was actually quite a stir when Timothy McVeigh bombed the Federal Building in Oklahoma City. He used ammonium nitrate and nitromethane. It's cited in the trial documents, and there was a lot of testimony on the subject. There are more restrictions in place now, but not enough that it's terribly restrictive. Note I said "now". That's always subject to change.

I heard quite a bit about it back then, due to my having friends that drag race, and use nitromethane. It's too lengthy to get into on this forum...but for now, the restrictions aren't that bad (at least for the people I know that drag race). Crew members that handle nitro have to be "certified".

Well known drag racer Dale Pulde is a nitro supplier for lots of drag racers.

Allen

I know peole us nitro to make bombs but they also se it to run cars.
I know people use fertiliser to make bombs but most of us only use it in gardens
I know people use ether to make drugs bur we use it in model diesel fuel and tractors
I know people use petrol to make Molotov cocktails but we run our cars in the stuff
People use guns to kill each other etc etc
If the Feds ban everything that can be made harmful then life would be no fun at all.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  AT1984 Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:04 pm

Yes...It could be worse!
AT1984
AT1984
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:32 pm

Nitrous Oxide (NOS) bears little resemblance to nitro fuel.

SuperDave
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:22 pm

Nitrous oxide is like a hot chick with std's, you want to hit it but are afraid of the consequences. tongue

I hope they dont ban Nos, my little 406 sbc loves it.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:17 pm

PV Pilot wrote:Nitrous oxide is like a hot chick with std's, you want to hit it but are afraid of the consequences. tongue

Lolgasm SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:35 am

PV Pilot wrote:Nitrous oxide is like a hot chick with std's, you want to hit it but are afraid of the consequences. tongue

EXCELLENT analogies!

How do you get 406 out of a SBC?

"There is more to life than cubic inches"

Modern engines get more horsepower out of fewer cubes with less emissions and better MPG on pump gasoline. Pretty hard to justify big cube engines anymore.

Who needs an NOS bottle in the trunk?

SuperDave

SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:53 am

Who needs a nos bottle in the trunk?
drag racers?
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:57 am

nitroairplane wrote:Who needs a nos bottle in the trunk?
drag racers?

True, but for a street-driven car, nah. Over-kill.

SuperDave
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:01 am

SuperDave wrote:
nitroairplane wrote:Who needs a nos bottle in the trunk?
drag racers?

True, but for a street-driven car, nah. Over-kill.

SuperDave

yes i agree however it is also used by dentists.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next