Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

A new record for a Cox .049 TD cylinder? Cox_ba12

A new record for a Cox .049 TD cylinder? Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» A choke-tube with velocity-stack configured Bee
by MauricioB Today at 12:37 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by cstatman Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by cstatman Yesterday at 6:56 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rdw777 Yesterday at 5:38 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» WenMac 049 - Glow Plug & Head Gasket replacements?
by rdw777 Yesterday at 4:32 pm

» Nostalgia alert, my 1959 Corvette revisited
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 2:25 pm

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by akjgardner Yesterday at 10:28 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 4:30 pm

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by getback Fri May 17, 2024 7:19 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 5:35 am

» Looking For Comet Tri-Pacer
by latole Fri May 17, 2024 3:45 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

A new record for a Cox .049 TD cylinder? Empty
Live on Patrol

A new record for a Cox .049 TD cylinder?

Go down

A new record for a Cox .049 TD cylinder? Empty A new record for a Cox .049 TD cylinder?

Post  Cox International Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:36 pm

Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

A new record for a Cox .049 TD cylinder? Empty Re: A new record for a Cox .049 TD cylinder?

Post  Marleysky Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:52 pm

Wow! inflation hit our hobby hard! lol!
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

A new record for a Cox .049 TD cylinder? Empty Re: A new record for a Cox .049 TD cylinder?

Post  Motra Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:52 pm

I can't believe how much this stuff goes for now. When I was really into collecting, 10 to 15 years ago, it was pretty affordable. I recently caught the bug again but now I can't afford anything. If only I hadn't sold the really good engines I used to have.
Motra
Motra
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  firstwordisee Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:25 pm

Wrong place wrong time, going through the same thing myself, I have no stockpile of parts. Only takes a handful of guys that need the same scarce part to get things out of control.
firstwordisee
firstwordisee
Gold Member
Gold Member

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rmjtools Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:56 pm

Motra wrote:I can't believe how much this stuff goes for now. When I was really into collecting, 10 to 15 years ago, it was pretty affordable. I recently caught the bug again but now I can't afford anything. If only I hadn't sold the really good engines I used to have.

Yup. When I got out of combat in 1984 I sold all my Mark III and Mark IV Fox Combat specials and only kept one Mk V. They were all modded with ported and chromed cylinders and button heads. I'm still crying.
rmjtools
rmjtools
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  germanbuddy Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:11 pm

Every day someone wakes up with too little brains and too much money and places their bid.
It is sad but at the same time gratifying for the seller.
That's one of the reasons why I avoid the bay like the devil avoids holy water.
Recently I sent cstatman very good bees and I'm sure he still likes them all Hand Shake .

@cstatman, any news/updates about your bees Babe Bee from Germany ?.
I guess all bees are happy to be back in their home country Beers .
germanbuddy
germanbuddy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:06 am

I suppose the bidders wanted an NIB cylinder for their collection, not to replace a worn out one on a chewed-up engine. Just like you can get a nice RR-1 for a 100€ or so, but an NIB can be $800 and up.

Crazy, yes, but on the other hand, people spend $100k and up on leather-upholstered agricultural vehicles with big wheels. Or $9 million on an old sportscar. Different priorities, whatever rocks your boat and so on Wink

BTW, I have a couple of narrow-nose Golden Bee crankcases, one of them in ”Champagne”, and a Tee Dee 09 crankcase assembly, all in NIB packages like that eBay cylinder. Not really sure what to do with them. Sell, keep, display... Huh...
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  germanbuddy Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:57 am

@ Kari , in your COX NIB items case ,
sell them all for highest price and use the money for a nice december vacation trip to
Gran Canaria Islands Spain.
Enjoy the sun in december  Hot , the wine and tapas  Beer Cheers  and
make some unforgettable nice memories , your COX NIB items can´t do that.
BTW , you also can join the yearly CL contest @ "Valle Jinamar" @ second december weekend.
Ask me why ?
I was @ G.C. 2008, 2009, 2010 + 2011.
germanbuddy
germanbuddy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:05 am

If you want to own an item then this item will be priceless.
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  germanbuddy Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:34 am

Keep in mind , nitro/methanol market is shrinking rapidly over the last years.
More than 5 LHS near me are closed for good.
Because new laws it´s almost impossible to buy nitro and other ingridients at the market.
Elder collectors dieing , their goods/engines going to the bin.
Younger collectors are very rare.
Lipo power is the new game in town.
No one wants to buy loud nitro engines.
It´s a matter of time nitro´s will be gone for good.
It´s sad but that´s the truth and the NEW (lipo) reality . 
Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Last edited by germanbuddy on Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
germanbuddy
germanbuddy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:40 am

The flip side is to buy the worst grungy looking engine that you and find and clean it up like new.

I have bought Enyas for as little as $5-$7.50 and McCoy's/Fox for .99 and a whole lot of Cox engines for less than $15. Not lookers in the package but engines that put you to work and make you think. Model airplanes too. 80% of my collection.

Still proud of every one of them without the cost.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  cstatman Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:31 am

German Buddy - my German-American Bees are doing great!   I actually have one of the Golden's on my test stand now!  Smile

Prices on eBay?  oh please!    Some things are super high, others super low.   I have surestart motor sitting at $15, and no one bids on it.

The polished jobs I built?  highest bid went to $43.   thankfully I had reserve.   so frustrating

BUT!  on the happy side?   I have some running motors, and a new profile kit to build  (Thanks Cribbs!)
AND I've managed to help keep Bernie & Team in business   Smile Smile  
Smile

keep em flyin!
cstatman
cstatman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:17 am

The reason that cylinders are pulling such big bucks right now is because both leading vendors for such are currently out of stock. OK, not quite true as we have some here but are conserving them to build engines.

Quite tempting to auction a few at those high prices but, in keeping with our ethics, will not do so.

We have been waiting for a production run to complete since last summer but it seems that they may finally ship next week; after which we should be back to $19.95 cylinder / piston sets (higher price on eBay to account for the 15% eBay fees).

Once we receive them, we will contact everyone on our "wanted" list that have their names and contact info entered there; a long list Wink
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:30 am

Why not sell them? If the fish are in school, now is the time to catch them. I would never anticipate buying a cylinder for that money nor would I ever have to. If they're out there, I wouldn't hesitate to sell them.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:40 am

Ken Cook wrote:         Why not sell them? If the fish are in school, now is the time to catch them. I would never anticipate buying a cylinder for that money nor would I ever have to. If they're out there, I wouldn't hesitate to sell them.

We have about 50 or so left + about 100 built engines but, since we get almost 75% repeat business, do not want to sell at high pricing, as that would upset buyers that paid double or triple what they are going to be when we get lots of stock.

What we have here, we are conserving for engines, as we would rather sell an engine than a cylinder and there remains uncertainty as to when we will actually receive stock - production has been postponed, month-after-month, since last summer.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:57 pm

germanbuddy wrote:@ Kari , in your COX NIB items case ,
sell them all for highest price and use the money for a nice december vacation trip to
Gran Canaria Islands Spain.
Enjoy the sun in december  Hot , the wine and tapas  Beer Cheers  and
make some unforgettable nice memories , your COX NIB items can´t do that.
BTW , you also can join the yearly CL contest @ "Valle Jinamar" @ second december weekend.
Ask me why ?
I was @ G.C. 2008, 2009, 2010 + 2011.

I am more of a tinkerer/collector than a pilot, below are before and after photos of my first clean-up job, it was about 6 years ago, and I was hooked Smile I don’t collect NIB as such, the NIB parts and engines are something that I just have come by. Like Bob, I like to rescue and clean the engines, I usually aim at ”almost like new” condition, trying to keep as much of the original parts as possible.

A new record for a Cox .049 TD cylinder? B989fe10

A new record for a Cox .049 TD cylinder? 99e2d310

My little stash would hardly pay for a vacation on the Canaries lol! Maybe a couple of tapas and a bottle or two of wine Very Happy The competition sounds like fun too.
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:33 pm

I have the exact package EXCEPT it is a .051 new piston/cylinder.......hummmm....bidding war?
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down