Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one Cox_ba12

Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Three (only one left) Cox .020 silencers for sale.
by GallopingGhostler Today at 4:12 am

» *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -May 2024-
by Admin Today at 1:38 am

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by MauricioB Today at 12:50 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Today at 12:42 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Speed plane - Crispy but not too crispy
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by roddie Yesterday at 5:51 pm

» Post your Older ignition books
by lla Yesterday at 5:34 pm

» S1 Ringmaster
by Onelife Yesterday at 7:40 am

» O&R 23 & Brown Jr
by getback Yesterday at 6:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by MauricioB Yesterday at 1:31 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:16 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one Empty
Live on Patrol

Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one

Go down

Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one Empty Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one

Post  rsv1cox Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:17 am

If you want to spend about an hour reading, tap in Stuka in the search box.

I have a black stuka, always wanted an early edition green one. Crispy example came on ebay last week, made my usual one-time proxy bid and watched it bid right up to that amount, then stop. Sure that I would be over-bid I watched it to the end. Sold for my one-time bid.

Running theme through posts stress the difficulty putting these back together. I remember the frustration when I did mine. Not looking forward to it, but this thing has got to come apart.

Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one Stuka_16
Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one Stuka_15
Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one Stuke_10
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one Empty Re: Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one

Post  crankbndr Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:19 am

The little spinners on the gear are there, they are usually gone. Other than the elevator looks good. I used to see the elevator on eBay a lot.
The last black bomb I saw went for like $80, still looking for that.
The prop and spinner I have left over from my restore are yours if you want them. They are kinda unique cause the spinner snaps into the prop.

Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one Screen59

Last edited by crankbndr on Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:16 am; edited 5 times in total
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one Empty Re: Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one

Post  rsv1cox Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:41 am

Thanks CB.  PM sent.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:52 am

Bob, that RTF looks a little crusty with a few missing parts, definitely up your alley. Smile Is some of the white showing through the plastic caused by permanent stresses (stretched beyond yield limits), or will clean up?

I imagine that you also scored. Given the plane is larger and heavier, would not surprise me that it has the dual bypass port postage stamp with power of a Black Widow. Also, I found it interesting that it has a clear site gauge fuel indicator so one knows how much fuel is in the tank.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:16 pm

GallopingGhostler wrote:Bob, that RTF looks a little crusty with a few missing parts, definitely up your alley. Smile Is some of the white showing through the plastic caused by permanent stresses (stretched beyond yield limits), or will clean up?

I imagine that you also scored. Given the plane is larger and heavier, would not surprise me that it has the dual bypass port postage stamp with power of a Black Widow. Also, I found it interesting that it has a clear site gauge fuel indicator so one knows how much fuel is in the tank.

From my old thread here George back when I was using Photobucket. I have no idea if the early green Stuka's used the same engine or not. Probably did but I'm eager to note the differences. A nighmare (for me) to reassemble. Reading a lot of the old Stuka posts may help. One suggestion was to leave the rear screw in and wiggle the components around.

Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one Stuka_17
Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one Stuka_18

Waiting in the wings. I painted the stained and broken W/M Dauntless. I have a boxed better one so didn't feel too guilty. I don't like painting these.

Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one P1013352

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:43 pm

Bob, the more powerful engine with dual bypass cylinder is only an educated guess on my part, but given the heavier weight of the Stuka, does not surprise me that even in the earlier version, would have that cylinder like the Spitfire and P-40. The single bypass were on my earlier P-51B turtle deck Mustang and Piper L-4 Grasshopper. These were simpler in construction and lighter.

I could be wrong, but I am thinking that even those engines probably had performance a touch hotter, akin to the Golden Bee, because they seem to have a decently sized venturi through the postage stamp back. I gather that the Babe Bee venturi and back had a more limited venturi in its 5cc tank, which helped with extremely reliable fuel suction but removed a little power. But, these are only my speculations, subject to the actual facts.

The Stuka is a rather challenging model even in balsa. It has the unusual gull wing, separated wing flaps, streamlined landing gear, Cox did a decent job in replicating it in miniature. If I were ever to do for half-A, would probably model it after Dick Mathis's 47" or 48" Stuka Stunt, reducing to half scale, profile version for simplicity. So far, none of the plans sources show a half-A version, not even Musciano's Scientific one.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:59 pm

A black Stuka was the very first COX plane I laid my eyes on in 1974, and yes, it did have a dual bypass, red postage stamp backplate engine that is still the queen of my 80+ strong COX engine collection today. It also powers my Quickie100 RC plane and turned the prop in the air at 28+k..! It's  flight video is available here on CEF..

balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:27 am

Nice flight Andras.

You still amaze me how you see and track these little missles at those speeds. At 63 your no spring chicken. Enjoy it every chance that you get because some day those abilities will dimmish. Regretfully, I know only to well.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:41 pm

Yes, Andras still has those lightning reflexes, good job of flight, really put that plane through its paces. I found when I became 65 several years ago, all of a sudden, things changed. It may be why I opted to buy this kit.

Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one Vangua13
My 66 inch wingspan 1941 Vanguard 66 old timer kit.

Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one Vangua15
Box contents.

Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one Vangua14
Die printed sheets, cut out with Exacto knife just like the old Comet rubber powered kits.

Outerzone: 66-in Vanguard 66 Old Timer 1941

Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one 00313

On 3 channels and an Enya .35-III TV, it will be easier to see and fly slow enough to suit my "lightning" reflexes. Laughing
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:56 pm

Bob, George, thanks for your compliments. With some routine earned you always manage to keep these small planes within sight control...if not, you pay the price..
I did pay the price on enough occassions to learn my lesson and not stress the limits of my age related reflexes and eyesight..not that I stopped wrecking planes...but at least I have the explanation when I wreck them and do not blame the hardware but my recklessness. Very Happy
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:19 am

If one is good, than two must be better, right?

"Won" this one yesterday on ebay. Same as the first one, a bidder nibbled his way up to within cents of my one-time proxy bid. Talking pennies here. How do they manage that!

This one slightly better, more complete, but it seems to be missing half the elevator like the other one although the seller didn't mention it.

Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one 2nd_st11
Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one 2nd_st10

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:31 am

Bob, I saw that one on the 'Bay, did a search after your posts on the green Stuka caught my attention. Congrats on the win. It looks like it had been successfully flown, a little in the rough, but know under your hands it won't remain that way for long.

Some of the more pristine ones are demanding ridiculous prices of over $1,000. That is a bit out of my price league. Model airplanes are not like owning a nice saxophone. Plus, I only buy those in quantities of one and keep it for a long time as a player.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:28 pm

GallopingGhostler wrote:Bob, I saw that one on the 'Bay, did a search after your posts on the green Stuka caught my attention. Congrats on the win. It looks like it had been successfully flown, a little in the rough, but know under your hands it won't remain that way for long.

Some of the more pristine ones are demanding ridiculous prices of over $1,000. That is a bit out of my price league. Model airplanes are not like owning a nice saxophone. Plus, I only buy those in quantities of one and keep it for a long time as a player.

Yes George, I will polish them up a bit then relist them and turn a tidy profit.  

NO!  Not my style.  I sell very little.  A few non-Cox engines a few years back and 10 of my 17 Cox Mercedes racers each one sold at a loss.  Didn't care, they gave me pleasure while I had them and I learned a lot about the model.

But........but...........I have kept most every shipping box.  One day my son and his wife will sell most of them and do quite well in the process as most have been purchased quite cheaply.  The benefit of buying trash and putting a lot of time and effort into their restoration.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:12 pm

The yellow plastic needle valve is unique and (if I remember Mark correctly ) only on the very first Stuka sold. Cox abandoned the idea.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:54 pm

crankbndr wrote:The yellow plastic needle valve is unique and (if I remember Mark correctly )  only on the very first Stuka sold. Cox abandoned the idea.

Got it today CB, haven't had a chance to dig into it yet.  

Motor is loose and the bottom engine compartment screw is missing and the top one is not moving.  Soaking in RemOil over night.  Backed off a turn on the rest of them.  Wing root on the left side is cracked, some Testor's red tube worked into the opening should fix it.  

Arrived well packed, going to give the seller an ebay atta-boy.  I always leave feedback.  Only left one negative in 20+ years.  Lady seller shipping a model locomotive left one side of the original packaging exposed which got destroyed.  After reading the negative she left me positive feedback (hey I always pay right then consumating my oblication) but she called me a picky buyer......Smile I still get a kick out of that!  Laughing

Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one P1013373
Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one P1013372
Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one P1013371
Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one P1013374
Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one P1013376
Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one P1013375
Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one P1013377
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:05 am

rsv1cox wrote:........Lady seller shipping a model locomotive left one side of the original packaging exposed which got destroyed........  

Do you still dabble in locomotives or have you switched exclusively to planes?
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:44 am

andrew wrote:
rsv1cox wrote:........Lady seller shipping a model locomotive left one side of the original packaging exposed which got destroyed........  

Do you still dabble in locomotives or have you switched exclusively to planes?

Not for over a year now.  Doesn't mean that I don't love the things.  Little mechanical/electrical marvels that any mechanically inclined/curious person would enjoy.  Like model planes and cars, I mostly bought clunkers and restored them.  

Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one P1013379
Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one P1013378

Mainly these Varney diesels.  Varney, a pioneer and plank owner in the model railroad world.  Most are coiled spring pulley drives, ya gotta love pulley drives to get them to work reliably.  A few are the very rare Lindsley motor drive models.  

Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one P1013380

Reduced the green Stuka to parts.  As feared the bottom receiving post for the self-tapper is gone along with the screw itself.  Jason's replacement posts will come in handy again.

Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one P1013381

66th wedding anniversary today.  I lit a candle for her as I always do on special occasions.  About this time we were standing before a judge in South Carolina along with her sister and husband taking our vows.  They planned the whole thing for when I was home on leave.  Best thing that ever happened to me.  

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:41 pm

HAPPY 66TH ANNIVERSARY!
May you have many fond memories, and happy thoughts.
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:05 pm

Marleysky wrote:HAPPY 66TH ANNIVERSARY!
May you have many fond memories, and happy thoughts.

Thanks Rene, my wife left me with both. Miss her!

Off to a good start with Stuka #1.

Engine clean but fuel intake stuffed with castor goo, other that that outstanding.

Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one P1013397
Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one P1013396
Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one P1013398
Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one P1013400
Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one P1013401
Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one P1013399

Wing and parts next. Wing root cracked, will have to fix that first. Found string wrapped around the engine, seller mentioned that it was a wall hanger.

Stuka, Stuka, Stuka, many here have at least one P1013402
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down