Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

1/2A Streaker Cox_ba12

1/2A Streaker Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» 12 string guitar suggestions
by 1/2A Nut Today at 1:58 pm

» WenMac 049 - Glow Plug & Head Gasket replacements?
by mike in SC Today at 1:54 pm

» Nostalgia alert, my 1959 Corvette revisited
by Admin Today at 1:11 pm

» A choke-tube with velocity-stack configured Bee
by roddie Today at 10:48 am

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rsv1cox Today at 10:26 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by getback Today at 9:55 am

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by rsv1cox Today at 7:32 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by akjgardner Yesterday at 10:28 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 4:30 pm

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by getback Fri May 17, 2024 7:19 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 5:35 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

1/2A Streaker Empty
Live on Patrol

1/2A Streaker

Go down

1/2A Streaker Empty 1/2A Streaker

Post  Dick Russ Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:49 am

Now that everyone knows about my past. it's tome to get back to the rear world of modeling. I have been rather disappointed with the Streaker flying. The plane fly's great when I can get the engine TD .049 but it seems that it never wants to run, hard starting and when it does finally run it generally is short on time. Finally after many tries I just gave up and went back to flying my electric Streaker. Finally after many days of not flying the COX Streaker I decided to spend some time trouble shooting. First of all I pulled the carb and venturi and with pressurized brake cleaner I blew out all the very small ports and it was great to see fluid exiting each port and fuel passage way. I put it all back togethers, reinstalled it back in the plane and fuel it up. It started fine but ran very little. Back when I was in College i took a course in internal combustion engines. The professor pointed out that if you have compression, ignition and fuel it will run. The COX has good compression, a hot glow plug and still didn't want to run. I pulled the fuel tank and checked the vent line, the tank fill line and pickup. That is when I found a small tear in the silicone fuel line as it exited the fuel tank brass fitting. Now this was the very small fuel line available. It needed to be stretched to slide over the 1/8 brass fitting in the tank. I had some small black fuel line that came with another fuel tank and had a much thicker wall and it fit great on the
COX carb nipple and well on the tank. With no kinks in any of the fuel system lines I filled the one ounce tank and the engine started instantly and ran solid for 10 minutes. Problem resolved. I now am looking forward to my next flight.

Speaking of my next flight. As many of you are aware the Streaker does not have a rudder. Only a vertical stabilizer (fin). The first customer for the kit sent me some photo of his completed Streaker and highly recommended I add a rudder. He said he could fly the entire masters pattern with the little plane. So with that I decided to add a rudder on mine along with a tail wheel just to see how it performed. I haven't flown it yet but really looking forward to the flight.
I will try to attach some photos.1/2A Streaker Streak27
Dick Russ
Dick Russ
Silver Member
Silver Member

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

1/2A Streaker Empty Re: 1/2A Streaker

Post  balogh Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:04 pm

Dick,

I may have told you about the balloon tank I use in my RC planes including the Streaker. I suggest you try this one. Never had a problem with engine runs..1/2A Streaker 20220217

1/2A Streaker 20220218

Last edited by balogh on Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  TDbandit Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:59 pm

balogh wrote:Dick,

I may be repeating myself when talking about the balloon tank I use in my RC planes including the Streaker. I suggest you try this one. Never had a problem with engine runs..1/2A Streaker 20220217

1/2A Streaker 20220218

good advice!
@ Dick Russ.TD's while will run ok on suction alone, like pressure and really perform on bladder type setups. I run Red Caps on mine which are available on Ebay.
Just make sure to use a fine thread needle assembly or needling the engine will be over sensitive. If you must use the stock needle, remove the ratchet spring and put a small piece of fuel line in between the needle and the carb to act as a friction to prevent the needle turning during running.
(Bandit)
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Woody Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:16 pm

Dick Russ wrote:Now that everyone knows about my past. it's tome to get back to the rear world of modeling. I have been rather disappointed with the Streaker flying. The plane fly's great when I can get the engine TD .049 but it seems that it never wants to run, hard starting and when it does finally run it generally is short on time. Finally after many tries I just gave up and went back to flying my electric Streaker. Finally after many days of not flying the COX Streaker I decided to spend some time trouble shooting. First of all I pulled the carb and venturi and with pressurized brake cleaner I blew out all the very small ports and it was great to see fluid exiting each port and fuel passage way. I put it all back togethers, reinstalled it back in the plane and fuel it up. It started fine but ran very little. Back when I was in College i took a course in internal combustion engines. The professor pointed out that if you have compression, ignition and fuel it will run. The COX has good compression, a hot glow plug and still didn't want to run. I pulled the fuel tank and checked the vent line, the tank fill line and pickup. That is when I found a small tear in the silicone fuel line as it exited the fuel tank brass fitting. Now this was the very small fuel line available. It needed to be stretched to slide over the 1/8 brass fitting in the tank. I had some small black fuel line that came with another fuel tank and had a much thicker wall and it fit great on the
COX carb nipple and well on the tank. With no kinks in any of the fuel system lines I filled the one ounce tank and the engine started instantly and ran solid for 10 minutes. Problem resolved. I now am looking forward to my next flight.

Speaking of my next flight. As many of you are aware the Streaker does not have a rudder. Only a vertical stabilizer (fin). The first customer for the kit sent me some photo of his completed Streaker and highly recommended I add a rudder. He said he could fly the entire masters pattern with the little plane. So with that I decided to add a rudder on mine along with a tail wheel just to see how it performed. I haven't flown it yet but really looking forward to the flight.
I will try to attach some photos.1/2A Streaker Streak27
Hi Dick.
Looks a great little plane and pretty shifty I think.
So you have no throttle?
Rudder, elevator and ailerons?
Woody
Woody
Woody
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Dick Russ Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:46 pm

You are right about the no throttle unless you are running an electric version. Normally there is no rudder. Only elevator and ailerons which the plane does fine on just two channels. The picture shows a rudder on one I am experimenting with due to request of a customer. Right now I have no plans to add a rudder to the kit but will provide the rudder information on request.

Dick
Dick Russ
Dick Russ
Silver Member
Silver Member

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  gliderpilot Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:21 pm

anyone converted the Streaker to electric version? if so im wondering if the body is too heavy to be converted, i know the balsa wood used for the Streaker was not very light and has heaps of plywood as well to support the engine. would love to get my hands on an electric version
gliderpilot
gliderpilot

https://microbirds.com/rc-gliders/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down