Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

T/D .15 barrel has a nipple like thing on the side Cox_ba12

T/D .15 barrel has a nipple like thing on the side Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 7:37 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Today at 3:16 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by 1/2A Nut Today at 12:08 am

» Happy Anzac Day!
by Boats13 Yesterday at 11:03 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Yesterday at 4:08 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Yesterday at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:12 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

T/D .15 barrel has a nipple like thing on the side Empty
Live on Patrol

T/D .15 barrel has a nipple like thing on the side

Go down

T/D .15 barrel has a nipple like thing on the side Empty T/D .15 barrel has a nipple like thing on the side

Post  DFCassell Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:38 pm

Is this nipple like thing a pressure tap?
DFCassell
DFCassell

Back to top Go down

T/D .15 barrel has a nipple like thing on the side Empty Re: T/D .15 barrel has a nipple like thing on the side

Post  rsv1cox Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:43 pm

DFCassell wrote:Is this nipple like thing a pressure tap?

Yes, to be used it must be drilled out.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

T/D .15 barrel has a nipple like thing on the side Empty Re: T/D .15 barrel has a nipple like thing on the side

Post  944_Jim Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:52 pm

Check the Instruction Sheets section under INFO (hint: to your left just below latest topics). Find the Tee Dee instruction sheet and read up on drilling the plastic body AND the crankcase. This requires removing the crankshaft.

But please be aware that fuel line can be difficult to keep on that nipple. Do some research regarding the alternative...installing a true barbed fitting in the backplate. I mention this because I got a Medallion with that port drilled out and fought the hose on the nipple too many times.Regardless...hole plugged and no more slipping off fuel line. Maybe I needed different fuel line...maybe I should try my stock of IV tubing. Hmmm.

Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:15 am

The crankshaft doesn't need to be removed to drill the hole, the crank is used to clear the chip. You turn the window in the crank towards the hole and drill the hole with a small number drill. The crank is then rotated to break the chip. The crank is hardened and the case is aluminum. The chip breaks off and falls into the window and it's removed via the backplate. The problem is that the recommended drill size is still too large. You only need a pinhole size hole about .014". This is known as timed crank pressure due to the pressure line only being impacted when the window passes the hole. It's very problematic and it causes pulsing within the fuel line which in turn makes the engine surge up and down. A one way valve inline on the pressure line helps immensely. My personal feeling though is that you gain nothing but a headache in doing so. You also flood the engine trying to start it. It's only real benefit is that if you open the venturi larger for more power. However, you can only go so large before breaking into the jet holes in the venturi. Now the engine will never work on suction again and a new venturi must be obtained. If running pressure is your only option, I would opt for crank pressure vs the timed crank pressure and this can be obtained by either drilling a hole in the backplate or through the case in the rear of the engine.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:21 am

944_Jim wrote:..............Maybe I needed different fuel line...maybe I should try my stock of IV tubing. Hmmm.

I've found the tubing on the nasal cannula to be almost ideal for lots of small engine applications.

a--
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:56 am

Out of curiosity I checked the 010/020 fuel line that I just got from EX engines and it's a perfect fit.

http://www.exmodelengines.com/product.php?productid=17720&cat=259&page=1

T/D .15 barrel has a nipple like thing on the side P1014307
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:00 am

The nipple has taper on it. Unfortunately , it's in the wrong direction and it more than likely is tapered so that it releases from the injection mold. If your tubing fits now, after fuel and vibrations, it's going to fall off. One solution is to take a 2-56 blind nut or a 4-40 and file off the barbs. Screw the blind nut onto the nipple with the flange facing the carb body.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:06 pm

It took some effort for me to get it on Ken, grabs pretty good. A blind nut as you describe would add insurance.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:01 pm

I should've also mentioned that I use CA on the fuel line and hit it with some kicker. Liberally apply it around the fuel line and hit it with kicker. Fox ,35 has a POS needle valve and the fuel line never wants to stay on so I do the CA thing and wire tie it.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveyMo Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:17 pm

I’ve not had much luck finding discussions on this motor. Are there any idiosyncrasies or advice that might be useful before I built something for it?

FYI, the nipple thingy is ground off my 15.

Thanks!

Dave Mo…

PS: Lately, this site’s search function hasn’t worked on my computer.
D…
DaveyMo
DaveyMo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:28 pm

DaveyMo wrote:I’ve not had much luck finding discussions on this motor. Are there any idiosyncrasies or advice that might be useful before I built something for it?

FYI, the nipple thingy is ground off my 15. OWCH!!

Thanks!

Dave Mo…

PS: Lately, this site’s search function hasn’t worked on my computer.
D…

The Search function works if you use the one on the Left Hand side and highlight the Google dot.  T/D .15 barrel has a nipple like thing on the side Scree219
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveyMo Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:45 pm

Gotcha. So I have a Cox 15 Special and not the TD.

Many thanks!

Dave…
DaveyMo
DaveyMo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down