Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Another attempt to avoid work. Cox_ba12

Another attempt to avoid work. Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Today at 11:12 am

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by balogh Today at 10:40 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 7:43 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 7:11 am

» Artwork for Otto Kuhni
by Mark Boesen Yesterday at 11:53 pm

» Baja Bug / Dune Buggy Recoil Starter
by vambrosini Yesterday at 8:57 pm

» Wanted: Pull Starter reapir kit for a Cox Dune Buggy.
by vambrosini Yesterday at 8:55 pm

» cox dune buggy/ baja bug
by vambrosini Yesterday at 8:49 pm

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 7:37 pm

» B-25 Mitchell
by rdw777 Yesterday at 9:49 am

» Cox water wizard
by Wiggy Yesterday at 6:32 am

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Sun May 12, 2024 9:52 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Another attempt to avoid work. Empty
Live on Patrol

Another attempt to avoid work.

Go down

Another attempt to avoid work. Empty Another attempt to avoid work.

Post  batjac Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:06 am

I was unpacking another box of modeling stuff and one thing that came to the top is a new Brodak 1/2A engine mount. I love these things and use them for a majority of my 1/2A profile planes. They work great, but they’re limited to Cox tanked Bee type engines or the horseshoe engines. And, although I haven’t tried it, it should work for the Testors 8000 engines. I have probably 15 or so planes with these engine mounts.

Another thing I’m finding as I’m unpacking and looking for space to put everything is that I have entirely too many Cox engines. At least 10 to 20 times as many as I’ll ever use. Since one of things my wife and I are trying to do in our new house is to cut things back to the minimum to prevent clutter, I’m going to cut back on my engines. And since I’m in love with bladder pressure, I’ll be cutting back severely on my tanked engines. I think I want to end up with a majority of rotary valve engies vs. reed valve engines. Not that I don’t love my Bees and postage stamps, but I don’t need more than five or six tanked and a couple of plastic backplate engines.

The thing now is, what do I do with all the planes I built for the Brodak mounts? Okay, time to put off unpacking and go to the parts box I already unpacked. I have a couple of the Texas Timers .049 TD/Medallion radial mounts in the bladder drawer waiting to be used. Hmm… Okay let’s take the new Brodak mount and see how the TD/Medallion radial mount fits.

Another attempt to avoid work. 20221117-232855
Another attempt to avoid work. 20221117-233012

Awesome! Let’s see how it looks with a TD .051 with Kirn Kraft needle valve.

Another attempt to avoid work. 20221117-224613
Another attempt to avoid work. 20221117-224646

Awesome²! I can get a couple more of the radial mounts and have two TDs and two Medallions that I can swap out between the different planes.

Texas Timers no longer sells these radial mounts for the beam mount engines. But, these are now being made by Kamtechnik. Kamtechnik also makes the radial mounts for the TD .09 and .15, as well as the Norvel .049/.061/.074 engines.

Mark
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Another attempt to avoid work. Empty Re: Another attempt to avoid work.

Post  getback Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:51 am

WOW Mark , Thanks for this , i have not put to much thought into it but have a Man Win i made for training people (if interested) to fly but with the Bee engine mount I made for it it Just don't have enough UMF to do anything other than rounds . My son did get a loop out but was not good at all , I may have one but if not know were i can get some and retro fit it to this plane to get some excitement out of it . He can fly balsa but scares me since i am the builder LOL * I even contacted this guy on eBay about making a mount for Med, TD style and he said he would look into it sometime !??
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:34 am

I've done the same for years applying the fine needle valve assembly to my Norvel and AME engines. I just use the 5/32" tubing and solder the 128 TPI Cox assembly into it. Some of the later Norvel engines use the small bolt to retain the venturi. Those cases can just be opened up without the need for the 5/32" bushing. I use the Dubro barbs which are brass soldered onto the end of the spraybar which firmly holds the fuel tubing on. Eric, as for TD or Medallion mounts, the Dave Brown mounts can't be beat. Seeing that crashing seems to be in order, the mounts break easily. This is perfect as it can save the engine and or the plane. I used them for combat for a long time. I don't use the sheet metal screws provided, drill and tap the plastic for 2-56 screws. This prevents the mount from being stressed. I cut a wood block the same angle as the mount and I slide it under the mount to square it up and support it while I drill the bolt pattern.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:29 am

Thanks Ken , I have some of those mounts and had thought about it but it may bee heavy for the front end with the length also . Darn just remembered about the tank too ! I will have to do some calculations on that .
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down