Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Enya .15-II TV Old Stock --- cleaned Cox_ba12

Enya .15-II TV Old Stock --- cleaned Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» need info on this
by lla Today at 2:18 pm

» Post your Older books
by crankbndr Today at 1:47 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Today at 12:33 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by rsv1cox Today at 12:17 pm

» O&R 23 & Brown Jr
by lla Today at 11:15 am

» Speed plane - Crispy but not too crispy
by GallopingGhostler Today at 10:23 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 9:00 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by rdw777 Today at 8:51 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Today at 8:30 am

» "SOLD OUT" Cox .020 silencers -- currently
by GallopingGhostler Today at 5:12 am

» *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -May 2024-
by Admin Today at 2:38 am

» S1 Ringmaster
by Onelife Yesterday at 8:40 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Enya .15-II TV Old Stock --- cleaned Empty
Live on Patrol

Enya .15-II TV Old Stock --- cleaned

Go down

Enya .15-II TV Old Stock --- cleaned Empty Enya .15-II TV Old Stock --- cleaned

Post  sosam117 Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:38 pm

I was able to acquire an old Enya .15 -II with Throttle Valve (shut-off) as it was called years ago.
This one will go alongside the Enya .09-II with the same Throttle Valve (shut-off).

The previous owner of the Enya .15-II engine couldn't remember if he ran it or not?
It has great compression.
It doesn't look like it has ever been mounted as by the look on the engine mounts?
The box seems to have more wear on it then the engine?

Enya .15-II TV Old Stock --- cleaned 001_en33
Enya .15-II TV Old Stock --- cleaned 002_en30
Enya .15-II TV Old Stock --- cleaned 003_en19

Enya .09-II and Enya .19-II with Throttle Valve (shut-off)
Enya .15-II TV Old Stock --- cleaned 004_en19
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Enya .15-II TV Old Stock --- cleaned Empty Re: Enya .15-II TV Old Stock --- cleaned

Post  rsv1cox Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:35 pm

I pulled out a few that I have Mike, some like your's new or NIB, some with like your .09 with MADE IN JAPAN on the bearer, some without.  Interesting previous owner mods.  Some stock.  

Enya .15-II TV Old Stock --- cleaned P1015007
Enya .15-II TV Old Stock --- cleaned P1015008
Enya .15-II TV Old Stock --- cleaned P1015006
Enya .15-II TV Old Stock --- cleaned P1015009

Some, like this one with a really interesting PO pigtail throttle arm I'm just too lazy to dig out.

Enya .15-II TV Old Stock --- cleaned P1015010

Years ago I ran many Enyas, but I can't remember if I ran any of these.  Will have to put that on my bucket list.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Enya .15-II TV Old Stock --- cleaned Empty Re: Enya .15-II TV Old Stock --- cleaned

Post  GallopingGhostler Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:01 pm

Don't have the earlier II, but 4 of the later mid 1960's III, 2 TV's and 2 venturi versions. They are real tree stump pullers. Jeep The earlier ones are decent engines, too, IMO. Flying Ken Enya's family raised the bar for decent sport power in his plain bearing cross scavenged engines, plus with excellent longevity. Cool

It is just too bad that the glow engine era is now in its dusk. Would like to see a comeback as is happening with the 33-1/3rd rpm vinyl records. Stereo
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:37 pm

GallopingGhostler wrote:Don't have the earlier II, but 4 of the later mid 1960's III, 2 TV's and 2 venturi versions. They are real tree stump pullers. Jeep The earlier ones are decent engines, too, IMO. Flying Ken Enya's family raised the bar for decent sport power in his plain bearing cross scavenged engines, plus with excellent longevity. Cool

It is just too bad that the glow engine era is now in its dusk. Would like to see a comeback as is happening with the 33-1/3rd rpm vinyl records. Stereo

So, you are saying that the comeback of the "old" glow engines might happen in about 50 years or so?
I don't think I'll be around to see the reinsurance of the "vintage" glow engine revival.

If it is, they'll be just running an engine to see how these noisy combustion engine work, as in the future they will be only using battery/solar/hydrogen fuels in their model planes?
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:39 pm

sosam117 wrote:
GallopingGhostler wrote:Don't have the earlier II, but 4 of the later mid 1960's III, 2 TV's and 2 venturi versions. They are real tree stump pullers. Jeep The earlier ones are decent engines, too, IMO. Flying Ken Enya's family raised the bar for decent sport power in his plain bearing cross scavenged engines, plus with excellent longevity. Cool

So, you are saying that the comeback of the "old" glow engines might happen in about 50 years or so?
I don't think I'll be around to see the reinsurance of the "vintage" glow engine revival.

If it is, they'll be just running an engine to see how these noisy combustion engine work, (if they can figure out the fuel?) as in the future they will be only using battery/solar/hydrogen fuels in their model planes?
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:57 pm

sosam117 wrote:So, you are saying that the comeback of the "old" glow engines might happen in about 50 years or so? I don't think I'll be around to see the reinsurance of the "vintage" glow engine revival.
My Enya .09-III's were first produced 58 years ago. That 50 year resurgence is now. Laughing Very Happy
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:10 am

GallopingGhostler wrote:
sosam117 wrote:So, you are saying that the comeback of the "old" glow engines might happen in about 50 years or so? I don't think I'll be around to see the reinsurance of the "vintage" glow engine revival.
My Enya .09-III's were first produced 58 years ago. That 50 year resurgence is now. Laughing Very Happy

I'm looking at the 50 year revival at the time Enya, O.S., Saito, Thunder Tiger, PAW, and all of the other engine manufacture are no longer making engines and possibly gone?
Some are already gone (Thunder Tiger, Webra, O.S., the Brodak engines, the China engine manufactures that copied other mgf. engines -- CS as an example)
I know that I have missed many more. (Cox? -- Testors, Wen-mac)
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:10 am

sosam117 wrote:
GallopingGhostler wrote:
I'm looking at the 50 year revival at the time Enya, O.S., Saito, Thunder Tiger, PAW, and all of the other engine manufacture are no longer making engines and possibly gone? Some are already gone (Thunder Tiger, Webra, O.S., the Brodak engines, the China engine manufactures that copied other mgf. engines -- CS as an example) I know that I have missed many more. (Cox? -- Testors, Wen-mac)
Yup. Pray In reality, the "revival" is already underway. Horsing Around We see this at events such as S.M.A.L.L. that Kim gives us a glimpse of. Those who live rurally, András, Hungary Kim, United States Mauricio, Argentina Levent, Turkey who are prolific posters here, and etc. are the ones who keep the fires Babe Bee .049 burning alive. Flying

Sanye stopped producing engines several years ago. Gone are AP, ASP, Evolution, etc. along with the parts used to repair and upgrade other engines. (Some parts were directly swappable, I was using the Evolution .46 rear NVA's to replace the McCoy .35 Red Head NVA's). Front and back of .35 Red Head with Evolution NVA mounted:
Enya .15-II TV Old Stock --- cleaned Mccoy310

Enya .15-II TV Old Stock --- cleaned Mccoy311
From https://www.coxengineforum.com/t9906-mccoy-35-purple-head#125605

OS now sells only a very small fraction of their engines, .15LA R/C the only sport engine, rest the premium costing ones. And as you say, it appears that once the old stock is gone, so are these. The die off started in the mid 1970's, Testors stopped producing all engines except for the .049's, mostly used in their RTF C/L planes.

Then 1980's. Fuji first came out with their Schneurles, a bit late and shortly after stopped producing glow engines. After, one by one, the others started folding their poker hand and left the scene, to include Super Tigre, now Enya. I remember for several years, may be even 5, Tower Hobbies listed the Super Tigres as "out of stock". I guess they were hoping that they would restart production.

I've noticed lately the glow engines on eBay , prices are now softening. For a while, prices were exorbitant. Appears to be a glut with the passing of baby boomers, most are estate sales engines.

But, we can dream. Stereo

By the way, been enjoying your posting of the lesser common Enya's, some which only a few made their way here. Beer Cheers
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:13 pm

GallopingGhostler wrote:
By the way, been enjoying your posting of the lesser common Enya's, some which only a few made their way here. Beer Cheers

Yes, I have been able to acquire many of the lesser common Enya's because of a Ken Enya, and Hiro (the owner of the Japan hobby shop) also the Japanese auction site (*bay version)

I try to get the engines that are new, close to new, and slightly used because getting parts to repair the Enya engines are getting harder and harder to find.

I have one place in Australia, another in England, another in Singapore, and one in Japan besides Ken Enya and between all five sources, correct parts are hard to find.
I've had to "make do" with Enya parts I have to modify that are similar and that will work.
Like Ken Enya tried to do with those modified Enya .10 mufflers made from Enya .049 mufflers (that didn't work?)

I have completed "seven" Enya .06-II engines sitting in a tub without a box and Enya wrench.
Enya .15-II TV Old Stock --- cleaned Img_0199

I have "seven" Enya .08 engines in tubs that are disassembled and cleaned, waiting on new gaskets from Ken Enya
(for 2 months now)
Enya .15-II TV Old Stock --- cleaned Img_0210

And I have all of the Enya .049 Rear Induction and .049-II completely cleaned and rebuilt. (all "42" of them).
Enya .15-II TV Old Stock --- cleaned Box_of10

Also, I've been trying to snatch up the old Enya mufflers when I come across them when up for sale.
Especially the Enya .09-III muffler which are hard to come by and to pair them up with the engines I have.
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down