Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

And yet EVEN MORE B.O.T. Torture !!! - Page 2 Cox_ba12

And yet EVEN MORE B.O.T. Torture !!! - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Tired of it all…
by balogh Yesterday at 11:55 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:53 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:36 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by Kim Yesterday at 7:41 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Yesterday at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:16 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

And yet EVEN MORE B.O.T. Torture !!! - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

And yet EVEN MORE B.O.T. Torture !!!

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

And yet EVEN MORE B.O.T. Torture !!! - Page 2 Empty Re: And yet EVEN MORE B.O.T. Torture !!!

Post  Ivanhoe Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:41 am

Great videos, Kim, one day I must try something like that. Did I imagine it, or does one of the fields you flew over in the first video have a horse/deer/something cut out of it?
I'll have to pause the video and look more closely!

Edit: Yes I was right, it's either a deer or a deformed rabbit!

Wilf
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

And yet EVEN MORE B.O.T. Torture !!! - Page 2 Empty Re: And yet EVEN MORE B.O.T. Torture !!!

Post  mr_cox Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:04 am

beautiful Kim. Real nice to watch. I love the sound when you ran out of fuel and you hear the speed of wind increase when diving.

Bas
mr_cox
mr_cox
Gold Member
Gold Member

http://coxengines.eu

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:29 am

Ivanhoe wrote:Great videos, Kim, one day I must try something like that. Did I imagine it, or does one of the fields you flew over in the first video have a horse/deer/something cut out of it?
I'll have to pause the video and look more closely!

Edit: Yes I was right, it's either a deer or a deformed rabbit!

Wilf

Yo Wilf!

Thanks ! I like messing with this stuff, and so far (fingers crossed) it hasn't led tot he destruction or loss of any of my planes. I HAVE had the 3 meter B.O.T. up to the limits of my ability to see it, but so far, have always been able to bring it back to it's roost!

As far as the animal image or pattern, I haven't spotted it yet, Did you mean a furrow pattern cut into the ground? My landlord has been planting, so that could be what made the image.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:35 am

mr_cox wrote:beautiful Kim. Real nice to watch. I love the sound when you ran out of fuel and you hear the speed of wind increase when diving.

Bas

Thanks ! I spend a lot of time watching them, and now that I've got a "system" of sorts, I'm gonna pack up the BOT's and see if I can get some footage of Cape's riverfront and other places around my home turf.

Yeah, my friends gt a kick out of the sound of the slipstream rising in the dives, and then going almost silent at the top of the loops !!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:09 am

Hey Kim, this is what I mean. Perhaps the crop circle aliens have been at work!!!

And yet EVEN MORE B.O.T. Torture !!! - Page 2 Field_10
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:25 am

The first time I saw the new title of the thread, I though you were killing robots. lol!
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:01 am

Ivanhoe wrote:Hey Kim, this is what I mean. Perhaps the crop circle aliens have been at work!!!

Wilf --

What you may be seeing are drains. In sections of fields that are prone to water erosion, we plant a fast growing grass and then do not plow or disk that portion of the field. Any top soil that washes from the field during natural drainage will be trapped along the edge of the grass and, over time, will help build up and flatten that area. Without the grass, water will eventually cut a ditch into the field and make movement of equipment difficult or impossible.
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:11 am

andrew wrote:
Ivanhoe wrote:Hey Kim, this is what I mean. Perhaps the crop circle aliens have been at work!!!

Wilf --

What you may be seeing are drains. In sections of fields that are prone to water erosion, we plant a fast growing grass and then do not plow or disk that portion of the field. Any top soil that washes from the field during natural drainage will be trapped along the edge of the grass and, over time, will help build up and flatten that area. Without the grass, water will eventually cut a ditch into the field and make movement of equipment difficult or impossible.

If that's a drain, I'm a Dutchman! Just look at it, it's an animamal! lol!
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:54 am

Better screen grab of the mystery animamal!!!

And yet EVEN MORE B.O.T. Torture !!! - Page 2 Field_11

If it IS a drain, it's a really weird one!
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:04 am

Ivanhoe wrote:Better screen grab of the mystery animamal!!!

And yet EVEN MORE B.O.T. Torture !!! - Page 2 Field_11

If it IS a drain, it's a really weird one!

Crop circles got boring so I told the boys to try doing these.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:26 am

Ivanhoe wrote:

If that's a drain, I'm a Dutchman! Just look at it, it's an animamal! lol!

OK, OK, I admit it.

Kim and I saw some aliens do it, but we weren't going to tell anyone. You guys are just too sharp-eyed to let it pass. On the way over to Kim's place, I had picked up a bottle of cheap tequila from a guy selling booze from the back of a rusted out panel van in a Walmart parking lot. I thought it might be a little sketchy since it had a mushroom and a toad in the bottom instead of a worm. It was hot and we were sitting outside his place --- over the course of the afternoon, the tequila disappeared and when gone, I ate the mushroom and Kim ate the toad. Not long after, we saw the aliens --- I tell ya, it was frightening; it was terrifying. We were speechless -- well, I couldn't talk and Kim was just making gibberish sounds. They must have put a spell on us because the next thing I knew, I woke up sitting by a cow; I'm not sure where Kim was. Lo and behold, there it was. At first, I thought it looked like Princess Leah --- but maybe it's a rabbit.

And, that's how it happened.
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:10 am

andrew wrote:

Hahahahaha. gulp!,,,,I think I believe you. Beer Cheers
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:11 am

Nah, it was probably some of our Ancient Britons that did it, they were always carving things on hillsides

And yet EVEN MORE B.O.T. Torture !!! - Page 2 Uffing11

And this one (I have blanked part of it so as not to offend our more sensitive viewers, let's just say he's a big boy!)

And yet EVEN MORE B.O.T. Torture !!! - Page 2 Cerne-14

Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:55 am

Everyone knows the Horse was done by the Aliens watching the airbase at Fairford

Very Happy
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:03 am

Nitrous oxide at the dentist office, makes the assistant and doctor sound like ailens, or Charlie Browns teacher. (wa, wa wa, wa,wa)

"They've landed!!"

Why cant they create a huge Cox emblem in the fields?, someone needs to set them straight and get them lined out.

I volunteer Super Dave. Very Happy
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:50 pm

[quote="andrew"]
Ivanhoe wrote:

OK, OK, I admit it.

Kim and I saw some aliens do it, but we weren't going to tell anyone. You guys are just too sharp-eyed to let it pass. On the way over to Kim's place, I had picked up a bottle of cheap tequila from a guy selling booze from the back of a rusted out panel van in a Walmart parking lot. I thought it might be a little sketchy since it had a mushroom and a toad in the bottom instead of a worm. It was hot and we were sitting outside his place --- over the course of the afternoon, the tequila disappeared and when gone, I ate the mushroom and Kim ate the toad. Not long after, we saw the aliens --- I tell ya, it was frightening; it was terrifying. We were speechless -- well, I couldn't talk and Kim was just making gibberish sounds. They must have put a spell on us because the next thing I knew, I woke up sitting by a cow; I'm not sure where Kim was. Lo and behold, there it was. At first, I thought it looked like Princess Leah --- but maybe it's a rabbit.

ANDREW !!! We made a Blood-Brother Pact to take day that to our graves !!! REALLY, this is such a betraya....wait a minute...I ate the toad?!! OK...NOW it all comes back ! Also, the rabbit is still hanging around, in the form of a Purple Dust Bunnie !!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:22 pm

Even on electrics, there is a harmonic vibration to make the camera lens float.
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/wingingit74/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:51 am

WingingIt74 wrote:Even on electrics, there is a harmonic vibration to make the camera lens float.

Yeah...figure it all comes down to that spinning prop. With this new footage (gonna try to post some of it today) the aluminum arrow shaft worked a LOT better than the balsa stick. I'd intended to make a pad of bubble wrap for the camera to sit on, to see if that might throw frames per second out of sync with the prop, but got in a hurry and forgot to do it.

On the new video, you can still see tiny waves of distortion working their way down the screen, but they're not nearly what they were.

Then again...it COULD just be my alien buddies' Intergalactic Cell Phone calling...and getting another 'Busy" signal. Man! That REALLY ticks them off !

And yet EVEN MORE B.O.T. Torture !!! - Page 2 G10
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:59 am

If I remember correctly, those little cameras have a liquid lens, which is the reason for the distortion.
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:06 am

WingingIt74 wrote:If I remember correctly, those little cameras have a liquid lens, which is the reason for the distortion.

REALLY ? !!! Well thanks alot...NOW I'm gonna be obsessed with slicing one open just to see ! Considering the resolution I get from them, I FIGURED that it had to at least be some REALLY special plastic !!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:29 am

Here ya go, you don't have to now.
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:34 am

More info then you really want to know about those cameras.
http://www.chucklohr.com/808/
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:46 am

The lens
And yet EVEN MORE B.O.T. Torture !!! - Page 2 TrulyExplosion
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:07 am

WOW !!! Can't believe I survived all those years with just my Kodak Click-o-Matic !!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:27 am

WingingIt74 wrote:Here ya go, you don't have to now.

Shucks...had my Dremel Tool all warmed up....
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum