Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Given more time.................... - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Given more time.................... - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» WenMac 049 - Glow Plug & Head Gasket replacements?
by Ken Cook Today at 3:17 pm

» audio-tach anyone?
by roddie Today at 2:58 pm

» A choke-tube with velocity-stack configured Bee
by roddie Today at 2:54 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 2:43 pm

» 12 string guitar suggestions
by 1/2A Nut Today at 1:58 pm

» Nostalgia alert, my 1959 Corvette revisited
by Admin Today at 1:11 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rsv1cox Today at 10:26 am

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by rsv1cox Today at 7:32 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by akjgardner Yesterday at 10:28 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 4:30 pm

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by getback Fri May 17, 2024 7:19 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Given more time.................... - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Given more time....................

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Given more time.................... - Page 2 Empty Re: Given more time....................

Post  Kim Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:24 am

As I've gotten "on down the road", I've found myself highly intolerant of pointless vulgarities...seeing them as "filler" for voids of talent and intelligence. That stuff gets old fast.

I once dumped my membership with the .049 Collectors Group because of one obnoxious member who constantly attacked other members while puffing and blowing about his own expertise. After a "cool-off period" I realized that I was just cheating myself, and rejoined (thanks Mark!), making it a point to skip his posts and comments. He was eventually booted, and the engines and planes came back to the forefront. We recently had an idiot whose vulgar jokes didn't even make sense, and he has apparently departed also.

Conversely, I highly enjoy respectful debates and arguments from different viewpoints...and often find myself quickly logging back in
to see the next post on a "Hot" subject. THAT is fun!

This wonderful hobby is my passion, and I have no need to attempt to prove my expertise or masculinity to a bunch of other guys.

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Given more time.................... - Page 2 Empty Re: Given more time....................

Post  andrew Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:49 am

Kim wrote:

Conversely, I highly enjoy respectful debates and arguments from different viewpoints...and often find myself quickly logging back in

This wonderful hobby is my passion, and I have no need to attempt to prove my expertise or masculinity to a bunch of other guys.

Hear, hear!!!

I've learned more from groups such as this than from any other source that I've found. There are a few areas where I've had some experience and many where I don't, such as COX history. There's such a vast amount of knowledge floating around that an answer is almost always provided for any question -- I find myself thinking, "I wish I had known that 40 years ago!"

I ran across a quote many years ago that I always keep in mind when reading and posting in forums like this one: Just because it's my opinion doesn't necessarily mean I'm right.

BTW, anyone that shoots a Barrett doesn't have to prove anything. Heck, I'd cross the river just to watch.

andrew
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:08 am

andrew wrote:
Kim wrote:

Hear, hear!!!

I've learned more from groups such as this than from any other source that I've found. There are a few areas where I've had some experience and many where I don't, such as COX history. There's such a vast amount of knowledge floating around that an answer is almost always provided for any question -- I find myself thinking, "I wish I had known that 40 years ago!"

I ran across a quote many years ago that I always keep in mind when reading and posting in forums like this one: Just because it's my opinion doesn't necessarily mean I'm right.

BTW, anyone that shoots a Barrett doesn't have to prove anything. Heck, I'd cross the river just to watch.

andrew

YES! The .049 Collectors Group, and now this new forum really "brought me out of the woods" with the things I've learned from members' posts (some things were so EMBARRASSINGLY straightforward and simple, they made me cringe!).

And hey, on the Barrett, you get me a place in Kentucky where they'll tolerate my baby, I'll smuggle Thunder Magic across the Communist Republic of Illinois and put you behind this thing for a few rounds if you'd like. We're having a Halloween Gun Day later this month, so if you'd like to spend the day with an endangered species (guys) I'll let you know when we get the details nailed.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:41 am

Kim wrote:
andrew wrote:
Kim wrote:

Hear, hear!!!

andrew

YES! The .049 Collectors Group, and now this new forum really "brought me out of the woods" with the things I've learned from members' posts (some things were so EMBARRASSINGLY straightforward and simple, they made me cringe!).

And hey, on the Barrett, you get me a place in Kentucky where they'll tolerate my baby, I'll smuggle Thunder Magic across the Communist Republic of Illinois and put you behind this thing for a few rounds if you'd like. We're having a Halloween Gun Day later this month, so if you'd like to spend the day with an endangered species (guys) I'll let you know when we get the details nailed.

If you have a .50 rifle nobody needs to tolerate it you just need to tolerate them.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:50 pm

It' always better to make nice. In an all-out firearms confrontation, you've got to be willing to sacrifice everything...I'm not there yet.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fit90 Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:00 pm

Is that kinda like-peace through superior firepower comes at great risk and cost?
fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:43 am

Defending your rights seldom leads to peace in the short-term. More along the lines of picking the hill you're willing to die on.

The Barretts are great show and fun, but their drama can frighten little men, and little men are currently running our country, so discretion might be the better part of valor if I want my fun to continue.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:08 pm

Kim wrote:Defending your rights seldom leads to peace in the short-term. More along the lines of picking the hill you're willing to die on.

The Barretts are great show and fun, but their drama can frighten little men, and little men are currently running our country, so discretion might be the better part of valor if I want my fun to continue.

No what is scary is the .50 S&W revolver its only a 5 shooter because thats all they could fit.
I'll try and find a video.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:15 am

One of our group owns a S&W .50. I'll try to get some photos of it. It's actually an accurate pistol, with a fairly manageable recoil. Like the Barrett, there's a psychological threat of massive recoil that has to be overcome so you don't flinch as you draw down on the trigger. It's bullet is slightly heavier than that of the .50AE used in the I.M.I. Desert Eagle (I'm personally more fond of the D.E.!)

Given more time.................... - Page 2 Eagle_10

Given more time.................... - Page 2 Bullet10

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fit90 Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:49 am

The two rifles I shoot most often are a .223 and a .308. After looking at that picture I am feeling a little inadequate.

Isn't this a great forum: cox engines, guns, gun princesses? WOW! I can't wait to see what's next!

fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:37 am

HIGHJACK.

You guys are WAY off the original topic.

Go over to the off-topic section and join in the discussion of "GUNS"
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:49 am

SuperDave wrote:HIGHJACK.

yeah we are but hey He's the one with the .50 Smile
Only kidding but when conversation of one topic is done why not move on?
Or simply take this to the GUNS thread.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:25 am

nitroairplane wrote:

- nitro

Thank you for suggesting my suggestion!

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" Very Happy

'
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:50 pm

SuperDave wrote:
nitroairplane wrote:

- nitro

Thank you for suggesting my suggestion!

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" Very Happy

'

Sorry to copy you mate i didnt see that.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:10 pm

Then again, maybe we do need moderators... lol!
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:14 am

microflitedude wrote:Then again, maybe we do need moderators... lol!

I think we do because if/when something does happen we can stop it quickly.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GermanBeez Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:24 am

Yes, people need to respect our Authoritaaaah!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
no, for real:
Moderating is more like being the forum's janitor. you clean up topics, move them to
the appropriate locations, and of course, get paid super minimum wage Very Happy
but, i've seen forums where moderators start to abuse the rights given to them, and
start to ban people for critizising one of their posts. not good.
i usually read the new post here like my morning newspaper. Smile
GermanBeez
GermanBeez
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:34 pm

GermanBeez wrote:Yes, people need to respect our Authoritaaaah!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
no, for real:
Moderating is more like being the forum's janitor. you clean up topics, move them to
the appropriate locations, and of course, get paid super minimum wage Very Happy
but, i've seen forums where moderators start to abuse the rights given to them, and
start to ban people for critizising one of their posts. not good.
i usually read the new post here like my morning newspaper. Smile

Same i like to do that in the morning and i get up at 5:30 every morning so some of the Americans are still on.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  shell shock Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:09 pm

If you want to see a forum where the mods have gone beserk, look at airsoft-canada.com. there was so much abuse, us Ontario boys made our own forum.
shell shock
shell shock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:41 pm

shell shock wrote:If you want to see a forum where the mods have gone beserk, look at airsoft-canada.com. there was so much abuse, us Ontario boys made our own forum.

I have seen a few like that even once on the diesel forum at RCU a few days ago i tried to see if thee was any interest in a new diesel forum but the post got deleted straight away.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:48 pm

nitroairplane wrote:
shell shock wrote:If you want to see a forum where the mods have gone beserk, look at airsoft-canada.com. there was so much abuse, us Ontario boys made our own forum.

I have seen a few like that even once on the diesel forum at RCU a few days ago i tried to see if thee was any interest in a new diesel forum but the post got deleted straight away.

Speaking of which, here it is - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1525422

To some extent I have to agree. Neutral
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:25 pm

So do I but they said that about here as well but now we are probably the most active 1/2a community on the internet.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  shell shock Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:14 pm

That is awesome! I just hope as we grow, we maintain the attitude we have now

SS
shell shock
shell shock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:50 am

Moderators that are doing their jobs keep the "trolls" away. Cool
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:27 am

SuperDave wrote:Moderators that are doing their jobs keep the "trolls" away. Cool
There's some truth in that, but they have to actually troll before we know what they are. There is an endless supply of them and it's not like word gets around that a website isn't troll tolerant.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next