Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Wanted A free flight Glider for an .049 engine Cox_ba12

Wanted A free flight Glider for an .049 engine Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by balogh Today at 12:55 am

» Original Box for P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer Value
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Cox P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» thread measurements
by MauricioB Yesterday at 5:33 pm

» Cox Thompson Trophy Winner
by Jerry Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» COX 010 TeeDee with RC carb, courtesy sosam 117
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"
by fit90 Yesterday at 2:52 pm

» a cheap sport muffler
by robot797 Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» OS 10FSR Carb Needed
by Cougar 429 Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» AP .061 Hornet
by F4D Phantom II Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:01 pm

» dozens of old .049 TeeDee's, Medallions and a few others
by rsv1cox Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:46 pm

» Re-manufactured Enya .06-II for Boats13
by Boats13 Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:32 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Wanted A free flight Glider for an .049 engine Empty
Live on Patrol

Wanted A free flight Glider for an .049 engine

Go down

Wanted A free flight Glider for an .049 engine Empty Wanted A free flight Glider for an .049 engine

Post  Blue Eyes Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:21 pm

Does any one have a free flight glider for an .049 engine for sale?
Blue Eyes
Blue Eyes
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Wanted A free flight Glider for an .049 engine Empty re: freeflight glider

Post  happydad Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:42 pm

Blue Eyes wrote:Does any one have a free flight glider for an .049 engine for sale?

are you looking for a flyaway type you can chase, or an RC type you can fly around?
 how large?

happydad

RC Plane  Futaba Radio RC Plane
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Wanted A free flight Glider for an .049 engine Empty RE free flight Gilder

Post  Blue Eyes Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:51 pm

RC type 2 feet long and wing span 4 feet. Will the .049 Dragon Fly work on the Black Hawk RC plane?

Last edited by Blue Eyes on Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a question.)
Blue Eyes
Blue Eyes
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Wanted A free flight Glider for an .049 engine Empty re: black hawk rc plane

Post  happydad Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:30 am

Blue Eyes wrote:RC type 2 feet long and wing span 4 feet. Will the .049 Dragon Fly work on the Black Hawk RC plane?

is black hawk the name of the plane or the name of the manufacturer? I googled black hawk rc plane and got helicopters.
   I have a astro sport from astro flight inc. that has a 36inch wing and was originally made for electric motors, it has a hole in the firewall for mounting the round motor, but could be covered with a 1/8inch plywood piece easily. It was about a 6 1/2inch chord. I flew it as an electric rc and it was a lot of fun. very aerobatic. I can post a picture tomorrow if you are interested.

happydad

RC Plane Futaba Radio RC Plane
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Wanted A free flight Glider for an .049 engine Empty Wanted A free flight Glider for an .049 engine

Post  Blue Eyes Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:45 am

Black Hawk Model Airplane RC Kit Miss World Fair. It setup for .049 sure start.
Blue Eyes
Blue Eyes
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Wanted A free flight Glider for an .049 engine Empty re: black hawk miss world fair

Post  happydad Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:58 am

Blue Eyes wrote:Black Hawk Model Airplane RC Kit Miss World Fair. It setup for .049 sure start.

miss world fair looks like a good plane to start with. the astro sport plane is more of an aerobatic plane for intermediate flyers. i used rudder and elevator and could do nice rolls, etc.

happydad

happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Wanted A free flight Glider for an .049 engine Empty Re: Wanted A free flight Glider for an .049 engine

Post  RknRusty Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:17 am

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Eyes Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:29 am

I am still Wondering if I can use my .049 Dragon Fly in stead of the Sure Start .049?
Blue Eyes
Blue Eyes
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Wanted A free flight Glider for an .049 engine Empty Re: Wanted A free flight Glider for an .049 engine

Post  RknRusty Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:00 am

Blue Eyes wrote:I am still Wondering if I can use my .049 Dragon Fly in stead of the Sure Start .049?
Since the Dragonfly is longer, you may need to locate the firewall to set the engine far enough back to accommodate the tank. That will allow you to balance it without adding a lot of counterweight in the tail. But since I don't specifically have any FF experience, wait and see if some others agree or have a better idea. The nice thing about modeling is you can pretty much customize anything.

Here's the plan I found for the rubber powered version. Looks like you can build an engine mounting bulkhead anywhere you want, to get the right length.
Wanted A free flight Glider for an .049 engine A3595333-229-miss-worlds-fair-original-V

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Eyes Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:37 pm

The Black Hawk is a radio controlled plane that Bernie has on his site. There are two different version of the plane.

Last edited by Blue Eyes on Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added more information.)
Blue Eyes
Blue Eyes
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:48 pm

Blue Eyes wrote:RC type 2 feet long and wing span 4 feet. Will the .049 Dragon Fly work on the Black Hawk RC plane?

This is a little larger than your specs, but Goldberg Gentle Lady is an excellent glider and a good kit to sharpen building skills. I've flown it both as a high-start glider and powered with a pylon.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXYXG1&P=7

Another choice is the House of Balsa 2x4; however, it is out of production and finding one may be a task. The 2x4 may be configured as a high-start or with a motor in the nose.

Both the Gentle Lady and 2x4, when built lightly, will fly well on an .049.
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:15 am

I had a Gental Lady, which is a 2 meter wing, with a .049 Baby Bee on a power pod. It would run about a minute and a half, then if the thermals were good, it could glider forever. The Gental Lady would be a great Cox powered RC glider, and you can get them in an ARF or kit. But if you want a true free flight we can find lots of those.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:18 am

duke.johnson wrote:.............But if you want a true free flight we can find lots of those.

I wish you could find a few of mine that flew away!!!!  Sad 
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Eyes Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:30 pm

One draw draw back in building an RC glider is that you have to buy servos and and all what electronics needed which will cost a lot.
Blue Eyes
Blue Eyes
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Wanted A free flight Glider for an .049 engine Empty re: cost a lot??

Post  happydad Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:25 pm

Blue Eyes wrote:One draw draw back in building an RC glider is that you have to buy servos and and all what electronics needed which will cost a lot.

cost is relative. if you build a free-flight plane and it fly's away. how much have you lost?
RC setup's can be had for less than $50.00 if you go with the older 72MHz technology. Nothing wrong with it if you fly by yourself or in a small group. If you are going to fly in a larger group or in a contest or want the latest technology you will want the 2.4GHz technology. A 72MHz transmitter-receiver combination can cost between $20.00 and $100.00 depending on how many channels you want and how many fancy options you want like servo reversing, rudder-elevator mixing, etc. Used 2.4GHz transmitter-receiver combinations can cost from $30.00 to $200.00 again depending on what you want.
Inexpensive servos can cost from $4.00 to $6.00 depending on where you buy them, China or U.S., and how long you want to wait.
   I still have a couple of 72MHz radio setups because of all the options the transmitter can do. But I recently purchased a used 2.4GHz transmitter that will do all those options and store up to 10 airplane-helicopter models so I don't need to carry around 10 different transmitters for 10 different airplanes. I also have a used 2.4GHz transmitter I got on ebay for less than $25.00 and typical 4 channel 2.4GHz receivers are under $7.00. This transmitter is of the latest technology. I also have older technology 2.4GHz transmitter-receiver combinations I paid less than $30.00 for. They work well, but I only have 1 receiver for the 1 transmitter while I have several receivers for my newest 2.4GHz transmitter.
   If you need more info please feel free to PM me.

happydad

happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Eyes Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:03 am

The engine that i will use is the .049 that i won on eBay. Then i can buy the airplane kit.
Blue Eyes
Blue Eyes
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Wanted A free flight Glider for an .049 engine Empty Re:free flight glider

Post  Exsanitary Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:49 am

Try bmjrmodels.com they have kits in different styles and sizes (free flight, RC, control line).
Exsanitary
Exsanitary
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:14 am

Blue Eyes wrote:One draw draw back in building an RC glider is that you have to buy servos and and all what electronics needed which will cost a lot.

So, maybe I missed it, but are you looking for a free flight or RC.  I love both, but RC gliders are becoming my love.  With your .049 engine and a simple RC setup, you could get a nice RC gleder for cheap.  Can you build from scratch or from kits, or do you need an ARF?

I think a few of us like to help find planes for others to spend their money on. Very Happy
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Eyes Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:36 pm

Yes I am looking for a ARF.
Blue Eyes
Blue Eyes
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  stevej Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:05 pm

A Cox E-Z Bee would make a fun RTF free flight without the radio.
stevej
stevej
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:08 pm

Blue Eyes wrote:Yes I am looking for a ARF.
True free flight or RC glider?
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Eyes Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:55 am

A true free flight. But I am more interested radio controlled buggy. I still would buy a glider for the cox engine.

Last edited by Blue Eyes on Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add a word)
Blue Eyes
Blue Eyes
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Wanted A free flight Glider for an .049 engine Empty re: cox ez-bee fre flight or RC plane

Post  happydad Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:49 pm

Blue Eyes wrote:Yes I am looking for a ARF.

I have a EZ-Bee foam type plane that belongs to another CEF member, (nitrosmeller), and it is typically configured as a RC plane, but can be set up without the RC components and with the rudder and elevator set for free flight use. If you are interested Google Cox EZ-Bee or I can send you pictures. The wing is 2-piece, but can easily be made to use a hollow tube-and-rod configuration to make the wing "one piece" and strong structurally. I use this configuration on all my sailplane to save space when the wingspan is 6foot or larger.
  2 - 3foot wing pieces are easier to transport that a 6foot piece.

here is a picture of the ez-bee with the wing temporarily taped together sitting on top of the fuselage.
Wanted A free flight Glider for an .049 engine Ezbee-10
edited 4-25-14 3:50p.m. PST
without the engine of course!

happydad

Last edited by happydad on Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added note about engine)
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Eyes Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:03 am

I will be interested in the plane. How much is the plane?  Biplane Very Happy Send me the pictures. I will PM my email address.

Last edited by Blue Eyes on Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To provide more information.)
Blue Eyes
Blue Eyes
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down