Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

TD crank in Medallion case Cox_ba12

TD crank in Medallion case Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by roddie Today at 6:51 pm

» *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -May 2024-
by Admin Today at 6:46 pm

» Post your Older ignition books
by lla Today at 6:34 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Today at 3:54 pm

» S1 Ringmaster
by Onelife Today at 8:40 am

» Speed plane - Crispy but not too crispy
by rsv1cox Today at 7:54 am

» O&R 23 & Brown Jr
by getback Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by MauricioB Today at 2:31 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Hemostat clamp/smooth-jaws
by roddie Yesterday at 3:48 pm

» Black Widow Run time
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:44 pm

» 1:64 scale Diecast (Hot Wheels)
by roddie Yesterday at 3:33 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

TD crank in Medallion case Empty
Live on Patrol

TD crank in Medallion case

Go down

TD crank in Medallion case Empty TD crank in Medallion case

Post  batjac Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:31 pm

I know I've read people say that it should work fine and make a less finicky to start and tune engine, but has anyone here actually put a TD crank in a Medallion case? I acquired a left hand crank, and want to put it in something. I don't necessarily want to mess with one of my two TD .049's, but I have a couple of Medallions I can try it on. Just curious if someone else's done it already, or if I'm gonna be the guinea pig. I guess I can run the Medallion on the test stand, then swap out the crank and try again.

Hmmmm... But I wouldn't be able to try the same prop, since this is a left hand crank. So it'd be an apples to oranges comparison. Ah, well. I'll just put the crank in and see what it tops out at, I guess.

The Tops Mark
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

TD crank in Medallion case Empty Re: TD crank in Medallion case

Post  Cribbs74 Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:56 pm

Mark,

What are you concerned about? Performance or if it will actually work?

It is the exact same dimensionally as a TD crank except the cutout. Compared to a TD it won't perform as well.

I have used medallions on planes that perform very well. They draw fuel from a standard tank much better than a TD, but that has less to do with the crank and more to do with the venturi diameter.

Perhaps, I don't understand the question, but if you are concerned I'd be glad to be the guinea pig.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  anm2 Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:54 pm

batjac wrote:I know I've read people say that it should work fine and make a less finicky to start and tune engine, but has anyone here actually put a TD crank in a Medallion case?  I acquired a left hand crank, and want to put it in something.  I don't necessarily want to mess with one of my two TD .049's, but I have a couple of Medallions I can try it on.  Just curious if someone else's done it already, or if I'm gonna be the guinea pig.  I guess I can run the Medallion on the test stand, then swap out the crank and try again.  

Hmmmm...  But I wouldn't be able to try the same prop, since this is a left hand crank.  So it'd be an apples to oranges comparison.  Ah, well.  I'll just put the crank in and see what it tops out at, I guess.

The Tops Mark

Mark,

I purchased a Tee Dee .09 that had a broken carburetor. I disassembled and cleaned it, and reassembled it using a Medallion carburetor. It started and ran flawlessly on the bench. I got the idea from others on this forum. I am sure it would work on a medallion, however, it would seem to me, that you would be better off switching the medallion carburetor onto the Tee Dee as you would get the power of a Tee Dee with better fuel draw of a medallion. Anyway, if you are concerned that a Tee Dee Crank will not work with a medallion carburetor, I can vouch that it will. Hope this helps. Andy
anm2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down