Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Cox engines now available in Iran Cox_ba12

Cox engines now available in Iran Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Today at 6:47 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by 706jim Today at 6:44 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Today at 4:08 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 3:56 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Cox engines now available in Iran Empty
Live on Patrol

Cox engines now available in Iran

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cox engines now available in Iran Empty Cox engines now available in Iran

Post  Cox International Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:35 am

Just in case you are travelling through Tehran, you can pick up one those beauties lol!

Cox engines now available in Iran Tehran10
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

Cox engines now available in Iran Empty Re: Cox engines now available in Iran

Post  Admin Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:30 pm

Now you can literally say that Cox engines are everywhere!

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:38 pm

They're probably going to use them to power generators to enrich uranium. Engines of mass destruction.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:40 pm

Wow, they have a nicer hobby shop than I do!!! Affraid or WOW!
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:00 pm

Well, It is NOT on my "bucket list" of places I want to visit. We certainly should be happy to share the fun of flying airplanes or just running Cox Engines with the peoples over there. Do they have plans for a 1/2A Drones ??   RC Plane
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  gossie Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:22 am

We have several Persian friends. Very lovely people all in gainful employment paying their taxes, and several of them in high power business ventures making a very good living.

Tehran actually sounds like a fabulous place to visit and I know we would be very welcome if ever we took a trip there. Who knows? Maybe one day?

Some may have noted me saying Happy Nowruz when your spring started in the northern hemisphere..........If unsure of the meaning of that may I suggest you Google it.
We have been to Nowruz here in Australia on 21st of March, and it's just a big party with many peoples from all over our wonderful world we live in. Smile
gossie
gossie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:32 am

In light of the recent tragedy in the French Alps... It's highly unlikely that either my wife or I will ever board a passenger airliner again. I don't care what the statistics are.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:43 pm

roddie wrote:In light of the recent tragedy in the French Alps... It's highly unlikely that either my wife or I will ever board a passenger airliner again. I don't care what the statistics are.
Well..........I'm flying to Kolkata, India on April 10th with Etihad Airlines, laying
over 2hrs at Abbu Dhabi. Wish me luck. Rolling Eyes
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:05 pm

dckrsn wrote:
roddie wrote:In light of the recent tragedy in the French Alps... It's highly unlikely that either my wife or I will ever board a passenger airliner again. I don't care what the statistics are.
Well..........I'm flying to Kolkata, India on April 10th with Etihad Airlines, laying
Bob

Sorry Bob.. I'm being ridiculous. I just can't understand how something like this could happen. I believe that FAA regulations require at least 2 people in the cockpit at all times. The ICAO.. apparently not.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:40 pm

roddie wrote:
dckrsn wrote:
Bob
Sorry Bob.. I'm being ridiculous. I just can't understand how something like this could happen. I believe that FAA regulations require at least 2 people in the cockpit at all times. The ICAO.. apparently not.  
Sokay Roddie. I'm not a bit worried.
This'll be my 6th trip to the sub continent.
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:00 am

Cox International wrote:Just in case you are travelling through Tehran, you can pick up one those beauties lol!

Cox engines now available in Iran Tehran10

Bernie,

I am not sure if this is a joke or reality. If reality, I could not be more pleased. I truly hope COX engines will bring as much pleasure to users in Iran as they have brought to me. I know I may raise some eyebrows on CEF with my post below, but Iran is a sweet spot of my heart. As a young, Hungarian expat engineer I lived in Tehran between 1986-90. (My company sells water saving Heller dry cooling towers for use in power plants (not in nuclear, but in other thermal plants) in arid countries, Iran being one, and I was responsible for a technology transfer.

I spent the most thrilling and eye opening 4,5 years of my life there, and still love the country despite I lived there in unpredictable danger (bombs, missiles from Iraq, evacuation to the mountain of Demavand village, which was just flooded in a springtime mudslide, then back in Tehran when the war ended, just to be hit by a strong earthquake in 1990.). The people are truly loveable (I am not talking about politicians and the fanatic clerics that are a distinct bunch of people wherever you go) but the everyday folks. The country is beautiful, historical relics aplenty, food is the best I have ever tasted....and I could continue with a long list of pleasant experiences gained there.

My kids were also born in Tehran (my wife is also Hungarian like me) during the war with Iraq. I remember being bombarded by Saddam while I was waiting for my wife to deliver my blond-haired bue-eye son in the ward in Sassan hospital in Tehran , who, just because having been born in a country hostile to the US was given an unjustifiably scrupulous interrogation at the airport when entering the US in 2004 on a vacation we spent driving around Florida.

I have many Iranian friends scattered around the world, some living in the Denver area where I often visit one of our sistercompanies located in Lakewood.

I am sorry the world is demonizing Iran as a nation notwithstanding the fact it is the leaders of a country and not its people who are to blame for all what is then misused by the media in forming the global opinion about the people who are innocent.

Anyways, I am looking forward to reading the first post of a would-be Iranian CEF member about his/her experience with COX.

I am looking forward to
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:46 am

It's not a joke Andras. The sale went to http://tehranhobby.com They were absolutely awesome to deal with and, for the ones that asked, yes, they do sell drones.

Iran is a far cry from what is portrayed in North American media. Iranians are wonderful people and I have known many of them during my life. Watch this video where Tehran Hobbies is involved:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qUwARbJpr8

Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:17 am

Thanks, Bernie,

when I read your post it occured to me that maybe the dream of many modelers in a segregated country, Iran, has come through when you started shipping COX engines there. It is a kind of a relief for someone like me who 40+years ago was also longing for COX stuff in another politically segregated country: Hungary then behind the Iron Curtain.

The difference, apart from the 40+years, is that I did not have a Bernie to ship me COX engines...all I could get from Santa Ana is an apologetic answer to my hand-scribbled Hunglish letter that"....maybe one day COX products will be available in Hungary as well..."

But this is another story...I wish you do good business with those guys..
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:31 am

Cox International wrote:It's not a joke Andras. The sale went to http://tehranhobby.com  They were absolutely awesome to deal with and, for the ones that asked, yes, they do sell drones.

Iran is a far cry from what is portrayed in North American media. Iranians are wonderful people and I have known many of them during my life. Watch this video where Tehran Hobbies is involved:

Very Nice! I've never seen a jet model performing 3-D hovers like that! The music chosen was pretty cool too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXVQX6HGVy0
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:39 am

This is a promo video of their store:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP4IuJ4DqBM

Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:44 am

Bernie,

any plans to ship COX stuff to European Hobbyshops as well? I am quite sure there would be a real demand here...
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:54 am

We have resellers in Germany, Switzerland, UK, Portugal, France, Norway, Netherlands, Estonia, USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Argentina, Brazil, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia so, yes, we do ship to European hobby shops.

However, it is up to an individual hobby shop do decide whether they want to carry our products.

Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:16 pm

Cox International wrote:It's not a joke Andras. The sale went to http://tehranhobby.com  They were absolutely awesome to deal with and, for the ones that asked, yes, they do sell drones.

If the Iranian people are so nice it must only be the leadership of these nice folks that have pledged to remove Israel from the map.
Or was that a falsehood " portrayed in North American media"?
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  gossie Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:03 pm

I'm so pleased to see that somebody else knows how wonderful Iranian peoples are.

I should add we also have Jewish friends, as well as Asian etc. etc. We here are 5th generation English so you can imagine how we look.

Some politics and peoples closed minds are the problem with our world. Many people for whatever reason don't travel and have no idea what goes on except in their own tiny world around them and read and believe things they read.
To travel to far off places and mix in is without doubt the best things we have done.........And by the way we have lived in the wonderful USA twice in the '90s. Have been all over east and west side.
gossie
gossie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:08 pm

crankbndr wrote:

If the Iranian people are so nice it must only be the leadership of these nice folks that have pledged to remove Israel from the map.

You hit the proverbial nail right on the head there Bender. I am confident that most Iranians, Iraqis, Palestinians, Israelis, Russians, North Koreans and what have you are just regular folks, living their lives, having dreams about giving their kids a good life, having a meaninful job and a place to live and so on, just like you and me. No sensible man wants a war, it is always the old narcistic lunatics  that run the show that send the young men to die in wars. Just look at Russia now.

By the way, about the current state of Israel, the Arabs/Palestinians were there first. OK maybe according to the Old Testament it was the promised land for the Jewish, but that is a story that happened thousands of years ago. Things change. Jews were given the piece of land after the WWII by the Brits, without asking the folks who already lived there so it is "sort of" understandable that the Palestines are still a bit p155ed off about it.

An old friend once said that if everyone had a friend in every country there wouldn't be wars, I think he was right.

OK, I'll step down from my soapbox now.

Kari the pacifist Smile
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  gossie Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:12 pm

KariFS wrote:
crankbndr wrote:

You hit the proverbial nail right on the head there Bender. I am confident that most Iranians, Iraqis, Palestinians, Israelis, Russians, North Koreans and what have you are just regular folks, living their lives, having dreams about giving their kids a good life, having a meaninful job and a place to live and so on, just like you and me. No sensible man wants a war, it is always the old narcistic lunatics  that run the show that send the young men to die in wars. Just look at Russia now.

By the way, about the current state of Israel, the Arabs/Palestinians were there first. OK maybe according to the Old Testament it was the promised land for the Jewish, but that is a story that happened thousands of years ago. Things change. Jews were given the piece of land after the WWII by the Brits, without asking the folks who already lived there so it is "sort of" understandable that the Palestines are still a bit p155ed off about it.

An old friend once said that if everyone had a friend in every country there wouldn't be wars, I think he was right.

OK, I'll step down from my soapbox now.

Kari the pacifist Smile

I'm so pleased to see someone else knows their history.
gossie
gossie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:33 pm

Eight years ago, I swore off the cable entertainment method of delivering us more news than we ever need. I could spend an essay explaining why, but I don't miss it a bit. Only the daily newspaper for me, and enough local TV news to know what's going on in my area. And I watch the evening news from one of the Big 3 once in a while. I have much less stuff to walk around being mad at. I don't care to talk politics, I'm not talented at arguing anyway. I just like people, most are interesting in some way, some are ass-holes, but so it goes. In fact I like some ass-holes, they're fun to pick on. I've always heard the Iranian citizens are highly educated and life loving people. I've believed it, I suppose because I'm an optimistic sort of person.

I was part of a crew that built a large blueprint paper coating machine back in the late 70s, but i didn't get to go install it at a manufacturer in Tehran. It took about a month to install, and the guys that went, about 8 of them, had a great time, They stayed in the houses of the employees of our customer.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  gossie Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:54 pm

RknRusty wrote:Eight years ago, I swore off the cable entertainment method of delivering us more news than we ever need. I could spend an essay explaining why, but I don't miss it a bit. Only the daily newspaper for me, and enough local TV news to know what's going on in my area. And I watch the evening news from one of the Big 3 once in a while. I have much less stuff to walk around being mad at. I don't care to talk politics, I'm not talented at arguing anyway. I just like people, most are interesting in some way, some are ass-holes, but so it goes. In fact I like some ass-holes, they're fun to pick on. I've always heard the Iranian citizens are highly educated and life loving people. I've believed it, I suppose because I'm an optimistic sort of person.

I was part of a crew that built a large blueprint paper coating machine back in the late 70s, but i didn't get to go install it at a manufacturer in Tehran. It took about a month to install, and the guys that went, about 8 of them, had a great time, They stayed in the houses of the employees of our customer.
Rusty

And you work mates would have eaten and enjoyed the truly wonderful middle eastern foods.........My favorite by far........We are so lucky here having our Persian/Iranian friends and having a fantastic Lebanese restaurant a mile or so away from home.
gossie
gossie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:07 am

My family & I have just flown back (not regular airline travelers) from a holiday in Queensland (g'day Gossie) & I gotta say the whole Lufthansa thing was very much on my mind. Also, the Gold Coast (where Gossie is from ) is one of the most multi-cultural places I've seen. Every type of restaurant & cafe from every corner of the globe you can imagine. First time I've ever seen Hookas smoked in the street (or anywhere). Good luck to them, but I gotta say, I looked forward to coming home & hearing English spoken.

Rod.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  gossie Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:09 am

Oldenginerod wrote:

My family & I have just flown back (not regular airline travelers) from a holiday in Queensland (g'day Gossie) & I gotta say the whole Lufthansa thing was very much on my mind.  Also, the Gold Coast (where Gossie is from ) is one of the most multi-cultural places I've seen.  Every type of restaurant & cafe from every corner of the globe you can imagine.  First time I've ever seen Hookas smoked in the street (or anywhere).  Good luck to them, but I gotta say, I looked forward to coming home & hearing English spoken.

Rod.

Yes and no Rod, to your post, and hope you had a nice holiday......What area did you stay in???????

By all means there are many people here from all over with great choice of eating as is now in Australia and of course the USA and UK.
By far the most people from all over, in Australia I feel would be Melbourne. Many many truly wonderful restaurants off all sorts to suit.
gossie
gossie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next