Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Sceptre Flight Engine Tests Gone for Good? Cox_ba12

Sceptre Flight Engine Tests Gone for Good? Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Today at 5:40 pm

» Cox P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer
by Wayne Brown Today at 5:39 pm

» thread measurements
by MauricioB Today at 5:33 pm

» Cox Thompson Trophy Winner
by Jerry Today at 5:20 pm

» COX 010 TeeDee with RC carb, courtesy sosam 117
by rdw777 Today at 3:08 pm

» "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"
by fit90 Today at 2:52 pm

» a cheap sport muffler
by robot797 Today at 1:34 pm

» OS 10FSR Carb Needed
by Cougar 429 Today at 1:14 pm

» AP .061 Hornet
by F4D Phantom II Yesterday at 10:01 pm

» dozens of old .049 TeeDee's, Medallions and a few others
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:46 pm

» Re-manufactured Enya .06-II for Boats13
by Boats13 Yesterday at 7:32 pm

» TD 09 Ducted Fan
by getback Yesterday at 8:41 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Sceptre Flight Engine Tests Gone for Good? Empty
Live on Patrol

Sceptre Flight Engine Tests Gone for Good?

Go down

Sceptre Flight Engine Tests Gone for Good? Empty Sceptre Flight Engine Tests Gone for Good?

Post  GallopingGhostler Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:51 pm

When visiting http://www.sceptreflight.net/Model%20Engine%20Tests/ just now, got a
This webpage is not available ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
The server at www.sceptreflight.net can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network.
Got same result in both Google Chrome and Mozilla FireFox. Is this engine test site gone for good?
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Sceptre Flight Engine Tests Gone for Good? Empty Re: Sceptre Flight Engine Tests Gone for Good?

Post  Cribbs74 Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:43 pm

Hope not, I refer to it often.

I got the same message.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Sceptre Flight Engine Tests Gone for Good? Empty Re: Sceptre Flight Engine Tests Gone for Good?

Post  GallopingGhostler Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:55 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:Hope not, I refer to it often. I got the same message.
Ditto. I have done a PDF print of some pages I always refer to, especially engines I own. But I have it very helpful in discussions with other engines, too.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:26 pm

GallopingGhostler wrote:
Cribbs74 wrote:Hope not, I refer to it often. I got the same message.
Ditto. I have done a PDF print of some pages I always refer to, especially engines I own. But I have it very helpful in discussions with other engines, too.
Same here.
I'm hoping it's just a temporary problem.
It would be a big loss.
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:31 pm

Oh no, I hope it isn't gone for good. It's a great resource.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  downunder Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:32 am

Hi guys, I came across this forum while doing a bit of a search on google so I've registered to let you all know what's happening. Although there's been no official notification it seems that the host server (Dreamhost) is down, presumably for maintenance. All other web sites on Dreamhost are also down of course. This is extremely frustrating for me because I've no way of letting anyone know apart from replying on the few forums I frequent. Right now it's a waiting game, it went down once before for a few days so hopefully it'll be up and running soon.

I'm pleased you find the site helpful and I'll be continuing adding to it as I find, or am sent, new scans. Got a couple ready to upload right now but I can't even log in with my FTP program.
Brian
downunder
downunder

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:55 am

Hi Brian. Thanks for taking the time to let us know what's going on. Your site is a great way to get info on all kinds of engines really quickly. We have members who use, collect, and are interested in all sorts of engines. The same is true at RCGroups.com and Stunthanger.com.

At least now you know how much your work is appreciated. I hope it comes back to life.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:18 am

Yes Thanks, And Welcome to the CEF Forum Brian , will some one post when its up and running I don't know if I have use that site or not but, am interested Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  downunder Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:44 am

OK, sceptreflight tests are up and running again but we have a new mirror site while waiting for the original to start working again. The new site is at a link where it seems new members can't post a link for 7 days but the only difference is a change from .net to .com (where my daughter actually bought the new domain name for me to help get things going again). I'd suggest adding this to any bookmarks/favourites so if one is down then the other should still be working. For now, I still haven't had any word when the .net site will be back online.

So, until I can post a link, go to the non working site and let the "Server not found" page load and alter .net to .com in the URL bar, hit Enter and that'll take you to the new site.

http://www.sceptreflight.com/Model%20Engine%20Tests/

Brian

Last edited by Admin on Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link)
downunder
downunder

Back to top Go down

Post  OVERLORD Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:07 am

Thanks for the update Brian. Good to read that it will be OK again.
OVERLORD
OVERLORD
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:22 am

Thanks for letting us know its coming back online! You have a great resource of engine info and it would be a shame to loose it.  Thumbs Up

I added the link to your post. Not letting new members post a link for 7 days helps keep the spammers away (You can thank them for ruining it for everyone else).

Would you mind if I added a link to your site on our Instruction Sheets page? https://www.coxengineforum.com/h24-instruction-sheets#sites

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  downunder Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:32 am

Admin wrote:
Would you mind if I added a link to your site on our Instruction Sheets page? https://www.coxengineforum.com/h24-instruction-sheets#sites

That's fine by me and thanks for putting the new link to the tests in that post. I was hoping someone who's been here longer than me would do that Smile.

Brian
downunder
downunder

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:24 am

I've checked out the site before.  It's really interesting reading some of those old reviews.  I recommend everyone has a look.  I'm sure you won't stop at one review.  I find it addictive.  Just really interesting to see how they used to write things.  Seems different to our modern languages.

Rod.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down