Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Ah yes!  The long lost Cox Skate Prototype - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Ah yes!  The long lost Cox Skate Prototype - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by rdw777 Today at 8:06 am

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by F4D Phantom II Yesterday at 7:00 pm

» World's largest weathervane
by Cox International Yesterday at 5:51 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:27 pm

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:50 am

» Norvel Needle Needed
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 4:02 am

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Wed May 08, 2024 11:41 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Wed May 08, 2024 7:26 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Wed May 08, 2024 7:04 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by HalfaDave Wed May 08, 2024 6:55 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Wed May 08, 2024 1:30 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Wed May 08, 2024 8:21 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Ah yes!  The long lost Cox Skate Prototype - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Ah yes! The long lost Cox Skate Prototype

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ah yes!  The long lost Cox Skate Prototype - Page 2 Empty 8 foot radius

Post  happydad Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:54 pm

OVERLORD wrote:I've been thinking about some suggestions for rules or guidelines for the contest. :

- Radius of 8' or 2,44m from centrepoint to the mounting points on the car body or chassis.

- Length of the car fixed at 12" or 30 cm (length of the Shrike ) from one end of body/chassis to the prop washer. ( Or would it be better to fix a wheelbase?)

- Car must be of the full body type and not a profile or a flat plank. The car can have a chassis with body or have a monocoque construction.

- Wheel track is free, the car must have 4 wheels touching the ground. wheels can be of different diameter front / back.

- Engine must be a Cox 049 tanked reed engine, mounted forward, in the middle or at rear; pusher or puller, pointing forward or backwards. Propeller choice is free.

These are just ideas. Other suggestions or modifications if necessary are welcome.

What are we aiming for? 10 laps / fastest time? Number of laps with fixed amount of fuel? what about fuel to use? TD class? End date?

I found some Shrike and Prop Rod video's on Utube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BTZg9B2x80

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-JHfjNuL18

When I was a kid, I remember much longer lines. Like 20 feet or so. All 4 wheels always touched the ground, I remember that for sure.
    My prop rod was thrown away or sold when I was in the USAF along with my Water Wizard. They would be worth a fortune today. Especially the Water Wizard. I don't think I have seen one for sale for less than $299.00.

happydad RC Plane Hot Hot Blow up Mad! Blow up Mad!
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Ah yes!  The long lost Cox Skate Prototype - Page 2 Empty Re: Ah yes! The long lost Cox Skate Prototype

Post  JPvelo Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:28 pm

batjac wrote:*SIGH*

Y'all are too detailed for l'il ole me.  I was thinking more along the lines of: Build whatever you want, with whatever you want, and using whatever engine you want.  Only rule is that you post a video of what you built running.

The Simplistic Mark

Sounds perfect, keep it simple and open to innovation.

Jim
JPvelo
JPvelo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Ah yes!  The long lost Cox Skate Prototype - Page 2 Empty Re: Ah yes! The long lost Cox Skate Prototype

Post  roddie Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:32 pm

Y'all are too detailed for l'il ole me.  I was thinking more along the lines of: Build whatever you want, with whatever you want, and using whatever engine you want.  Only rule is that you post a video of what you built running.

The Simplistic Mark

I'm with Mark.. and I do like the idea of orienting the engine any way you choose. (pusher or tractor). I mentioned a year or so ago about how to make a simple post using a barbell weight over a plywood base with a hardwood dowel-post (cut-off broomstick) in the center. Screw 3 or 4 drywall screws into the plywood base's perimeter so that their points protrude out the bottom to grip the asphalt/gravel etc. Attach tether to the top of the post using a small key-ring secured with a screw and fender-washer. Just one of several ways you could do it. The "car" though.. should be recognizable as a vehicle.. whether it's a Bonneville salt-flats racer.. or a Fiat. Laughing Could be as simple as vertically mounting a short piece of lattice and bolting on a reedy so that the prop has clearance. Use steel mending plates in the bottom of the chassis if it's top-heavy!
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:27 pm

The Simplistic Mark
This gets my vote.  It's just for fun so why complicate it?  Build what you want.  It's gotta have wheels and a Cox engine (or maybe not) and it goes around in circles.  End of rules.  No winners, no competition, no prizes.  Maybe just a vote for "People's Choice".
I'm looking forward to seeing a bit af creativity here Laughing Clapping
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2