Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.   - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.   - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Today at 4:16 pm

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by MauricioB Today at 3:43 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 12:27 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by roddie Today at 10:11 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 8:14 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Today at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Yesterday at 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:12 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.   - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.

Post  rsv1cox Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:02 am

I still love that picture of the Goldberg Little toot George. The Testor's/McCoy sets it off with the paddle prop and red glow head.

Fess up time....I bought the sellers other model of the "Big" Cosmic Wind "Spirit of '76" despite the image of Kim's belly flopping model running in my head when the fuel runs out. Cost was less than half of the "Sprite Trainer"

Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.   - Page 2 Testor53

that I had previously bought. That Testors "Coca Cola" box added a few other bidders to that auction.

The "Spirit of '76"

Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.   - Page 2 Testor52

The USPS has been playing ping-pong with the Sprite Trainer. It will actually arrive (maybe) after the Spirit model which is scheduled for delivery today. I imagine by now the box is well crushed.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.

Post  GallopingGhostler Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:30 am

It's a little different in rural NM, USPS does a better job generally than other two.

Another comment, seems 40 years ago there was a lot less shipper damage than now. Huh...
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:38 pm

USPS tracking........crazy!  The Big CW that "Arrives today" didn't, but the one that say's "In transit"  did.  Maybe the world really is flat.

But..........the two CW engines did.  One new, never fueled.  Perfect.  But the apple of my eye is the nasty castor gooed example with the missing NASA Apollo nose cone.  It came with a nice little message from Sarah.  

Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.   - Page 2 P1017315
Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.   - Page 2 P1017316
Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.   - Page 2 P1017314

Two different needle lengths, and I discovered that not all nose weight bolts and nuts were blackened.  

Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.   - Page 2 P1017318
Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.   - Page 2 P1017317
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:33 am

Bob, nice catch, both of them. The later Testor's, even if Babe Bee power, still are decent engines, especially when couple to a right sized balsa airframe. When I was running them never grew tired of them.

They are still decent runners in their own right. Best part of them is running on a separate tank. Walt Musiciano showed such on several of Scientific kit box photos, to help inspire kids with options for that RTF donor engine.

Regarding weight bolts used to compensate a tail heavy RTF plane, I imagine they probably just bought from whomever supplied the best price. The black oxide finish won out on the one RTF.

That would be my guess. Huh...
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:00 pm

The "Sprite Trainer" is the cleanest "as new" plastic airplane that I have ever bought ebay or otherwise.  It just shines.

Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.   - Page 2 P1017327
Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.   - Page 2 P1017328

and, honestly I was not thinking of this soft drink when I was shopping at Walmart this monring.  I was actually looking for large cans of Ginger Ale.  Had to settle for the smaller cans. That same Sprite "Star" is under the Ginger Ale cans.

Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.   - Page 2 P1017329

I'm finding these Testor/McCoy engines quite interesting.  This one in particular with the Testors "T" cast into one side.  I have only seen one other like this in my lifetime.

Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.   - Page 2 P1017331
Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.   - Page 2 P1017330

I thought I had the kids embossed tail marking figured.  Thought it was his phone number but when I looked up G28 (428) area code it did not compute.  

Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.   - Page 2 P1017332
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:59 am

No tractor time today, misty cold day out there, time to clean up some stuff. Welcome though, forrest fire raging just on the other side of the mountain viewed from my house.

Being the OCD guy that I am (when it comes to this stuff) I found another Testors/McCoy BIN engine on ebay. $20 cheap enough with reasonable shipping:

Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.   - Page 2 20_tes10
Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.   - Page 2 20_tss10

that and I'm trading Mark (Greenman) a Cox Dragonfly for a couple of his Testors/McCoy big Cosmic Wind engines. Thinking of a way to put them to use. I had no luck looking for suitable P-47/F4U/F6F/ F4F kits, something with that big radial sitting out front. So I'm checking out possibilities of what I have on-hand. I have to build a model for one or two of them. Scratch or otherwise.

Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.   - Page 2 P1017342
Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.   - Page 2 P1017341

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenman38633 Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:37 am

Wow ! You are building quite a collection of them. No doubt about it , my favorite plane has always been the P47M. I started building a balsa wood kit of one years and years ago. Got all the framework done but had no idea how to do the covering My Dad who had built them before was no help. Always had his nose in a book or the TV. If I can find a suitable kit I might try again
Greenman38633
Greenman38633
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:30 pm

Great thread Bob, thanks for posting!
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:18 pm

Thanks Mark.

"I have to build a model for one or two of them. Scratch or otherwise."

Got it!  A Gee Bee.  Find a beer can, a couple of hobby tongue depressers and stick the fatty Testor's McCoy on it.  It would fit right in with my Mini's.  Smile

Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.   - Page 2 P1017344

Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.   - Page 2 Gee_be10

Spirit of '76 arrived today after a tour of the East Coast, box not beat up to bad. Not as nice as the others.

Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.   - Page 2 P1017345
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:30 pm

Sorry for the delay. I was just on holidays for a couple weeks and was honestly just busy. Nothing rc or airplane related done, as well, I was only at my parents once briefly for Easter breakfast and did not go into the garage. However, the good news is I did not forget about the picture, and will possibly be visiting them later this week again...
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:39 pm

A bit late, but none the less.
Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.   - Page 2 20240412
Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.   - Page 2 20240411
Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.   - Page 2 20240410
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:04 pm

Sorry they are not the greatest pictures, but parents were away and their car is in the garage in the way. One day when it is open, I will try to grab a ladder and take better pictures.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:17 pm

NEW222 wrote:Sorry they are not the greatest pictures, but parents were away and their car is in the garage in the way. One day when it is open, I will try to grab a ladder and take better pictures.

Worth the wait Chancy, I love to see vintage models hanging from the rafters, almost like flying.

This one, rubber band powered. I have flown it, soft landings into tall grass.

Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.   - Page 2 P1017404

I just took it. Old man standing on a stool unsupported....... Smile Rolling Eyes
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:21 pm

Beautiful plane there.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenman38633 Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:38 am

Congratulations Bob on the Sprite and Spirit of 76. I Love mine also. I hope to get the firewall installed this weekend on my Sprite to mount my modified 049. Too many irons in the fire. I jump from one to the other
Mark Green
Greenman38633
Greenman38633
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:44 pm

Greenman38633 wrote:Congratulations Bob on the Sprite and Spirit of 76.  I Love mine also.  I hope to get the firewall installed this weekend on my Sprite to mount my modified 049.  Too many irons in the fire.  I jump from one to the other
      Mark Green

To much fun Mark.

I got your two traded engines cleaned up and added to the others. It didn't take much, they were pretty clean to begin with.

Just thinking, I don't believe Testors ever sold these engines stand alone, they were always installed in the big guy Cosmic Winds. If my small collection of them is any indicator, there are alot being modified or more likely in landfills everywhere. The video of Kim's lead-sled CW remains in my head. I hope that your modified preforms much better.

Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.   - Page 2 P1017405

Also.......charging up my Sterling F4U Corsair with an OS Max sitting in the nose.

Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.   - Page 2 P1017406
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2