Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines Cox_ba12

Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by rsv1cox Today at 6:26 pm

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by Ken Cook Today at 6:17 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Today at 4:16 pm

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by MauricioB Today at 3:43 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 12:27 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 8:14 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Today at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Yesterday at 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines Empty
Live on Patrol

Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines Empty Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines

Post  Cox International Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:30 pm

We will soon be in a position to offer brand new Cox .049 TD engines for $89 (introductory price). This will initially be a small production run.Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines 049_td11
Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines 049_td12
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines Empty Re: Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines

Post  Kim Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:34 pm

Well, HOOT!
I need another T.D. 'bout like I need another model airplane kit, but....gots to have me one!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines Empty Re: Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines

Post  davidll1984 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:57 pm

is it possible to pre-order i take two Very Happy Small Cox Logo Babe Bee .049 cheers
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:00 pm

While a possible cylinder production is underway I was wondering if we could make som without Spi for the tee dee rc ? 🤔
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:38 pm

davidll1984 wrote:While a possible cylinder production is underway I was wondering if we could make som without Spi for the tee dee rc ? 🤔

We do have non-SPI ones and, when going through checkout to to pay for the SPI ones, simply include a note to substitute a non-SPI version. They are the twin slit-exhaust version.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:41 pm

davidll1984 wrote:is it possible to pre-order i take two Very Happy Small Cox Logo Babe Bee .049 cheers

Yes thanks, and we have made a note of such. Please send us your email address to "support@coxengines.com", so that we can send you a private link once they are available.

Pre-orders will be notified first; after which we will make the listing visible to everyone. Initial production run will be 25 units.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:33 pm

Looks great and the price honestly is not bad for a new production Tee Dee .049.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:14 pm

Admin wrote:Looks great and the price honestly is not bad for a new production Tee Dee .049.

The pricing is comparable to what one can buy them for on eBay (when available) but with ours:

• You are buying from a reputable seller

• No-hassle 100% satisfaction guarantee

• And definitely no cracked carb bodies

Just a heads up that they will come with a shortened Babe Bee needle valve spring instead of the OEM "ratchet" spring. The OEM springs cost more than a glow head to manufacture and few buyers would be willing to pay an extra $10 for the ratchet spring.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 pm

That is really a great accomplishment!! I tip my hat. I don't see NIB TDs for under $100 US on eBay much but they will be now. LOL
I think your price is too low. Please don't do a Strato Bug!!!
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:52 pm

crankbndr wrote:That is really a great accomplishment!! I tip my hat. I don't see NIB TDs for under $100 US on eBay much but they will be now. LOL
I think your price is too low. Please don't do a Strato Bug!!!

Well, we have a brand new (original Cox) Strato Bug on eBay auction right now (ends Wednesday) and sure not getting high bids Sad

Last edited by Cox International on Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines Empty Numbering

Post  Boats13 Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:42 pm

Will they be stamped with serial number or X of 50 and come with documentation? I know that is lot to ask for that economical a price!

C.T.
Boats13
Boats13
Silver Member
Silver Member

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:37 pm

I just bumped the Strato. I think folks are worried about fakes. The inside backplate is a big tell. The Strato has a small curved aluminum pipe in the intake the Space Bug Jr did not. Photo of inside tank and crank would help. I was messing with Venoms for a while probably had six or seven and many buyers would ask if it was a VenomII even though the differences are obvious if you know.
The last Venom I saw on eBay did $750 US, not bad.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:28 pm

Boats13 wrote:Will they be stamped with serial number or X of 50 and come with documentation? I know that is lot to ask for that economical a price!

C.T.

No... no... they will just be a stock engine, like all our other engines. Please keep in mind that the Cox TD 049 has been around since the 1960's.

It is just that we will initially only have enough parts to assemble 25 units (at initial pricing) and hopefully another 25 units the following month (not decided on price yet)

Depending how this goes, our next production run may be 500 units. It really depends on the sell-through rate.

Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:34 pm

crankbndr wrote:I just bumped the Strato. I think folks are worried about fakes. The inside backplate is a big tell. The Strato has a small curved aluminum pipe in the intake the Space Bug Jr did not. Photo of inside tank and crank would help. I was messing with Venoms for a while probably had six or seven and many buyers would ask if it was a VenomII even though the differences are obvious if you know.
The last Venom I saw on eBay did $750 US, not bad.

It's definitely a "real" Strato Bug. It is just that the darn metal tubing fell out at some point. We guarantee authencity and, if for some reason we are wrong, 100% refund. We have zero desire to ruin our good reputation by knowingly engaging in fraud.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines Empty I meant no offense...

Post  Boats13 Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:55 pm

Yes, sir. I understood that they are standard TD .049's. I do think that these are of historical significance, first real production run in how many years? I just thought it would make them worth more in posterity. Might be worth $10 more on your price! Like Stefan Gasparin used to pack in his CO² motors.

CT
Boats13
Boats13
Silver Member
Silver Member

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  JPvelo Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:22 am

Oh man, wish I would have logged in a day earlier and seen this. I just ordered 2 Tee Dee cylinders from you and 2 crankcase assembly’s from Ex Model engines. And unfortunately 2 KK needle valves from eBay. Do you have any desire or plans to do a fine thread needle valve in the future?

Thanks,

Jim
JPvelo
JPvelo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:55 am

Way to go Bernie, great offering for 2024!

Are those new milled cylinders?
If so could provide a next gen .049 cylinder
- Single exhaust port
- 3 transfer flutes

Mimics the TD Mark III .15 cylinder.
Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines Cox15_11

Small Cox Logo Thumbs Up
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:09 am

1/2A Nut wrote:Way to go Bernie, great offering for 2024!

- Single exhaust port
- 3 transfer flutes

Small Cox Logo Thumbs Up
It's an idea while a new production of cylinder approaches choose which would be more profitable ..! I think that this model would sell very well I would take two cylinders like this If we could take a vote to find out what the guys want I think that offering different cylinder would be a good thing and the cylinder model that has three ports TD Mark III would be good also a non spi for us who want to modify with silencer and tuned pipe Knowing that new engines would be built encourages me to continue making new prototype parts and testing new things.
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:50 am

Boats13 wrote:Yes, sir. I understood that they are standard TD .049's. I do think that these are of historical significance, first real production run in how many years? I just thought it would make them worth more in posterity. Might be worth $10 more on your price! Like Stefan Gasparin used to pack in his CO² motors.

CT

The Tee Dee .049 was last manufactured somewhere in the late 1980's by the original Cox company.

Our introductory price is to generate cash-flow to pay for more parts, for more engines and our target pricing is somewhere around $10 more in the future. But one step at a time ... Laughing
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:54 am

JPvelo wrote:Oh man, wish I would have logged in a day earlier and seen this. I just ordered 2 Tee Dee cylinders from you and 2 crankcase assembly’s from Ex Model engines. And unfortunately 2 KK needle valves from eBay. Do you have any desire or plans to do a fine thread needle valve in the future?

Thanks,

Jim

Jim,

There are no plans to manufacture fine-thread needle valves. To obtain a reasonable per-piece price, we would have to get at least 500 of them manufactured, together with 500 corresponding needle valve bodies.

There is simply not enough demand out there for the product and our goal is to sell what Cox traditionally sold, in order to maintain interchangeability.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:57 am

1/2A Nut wrote:Way to go Bernie, great offering for 2024!

- Single exhaust port
- 3 transfer flutes

Small Cox Logo Thumbs Up

We have been manufacturing cylinders and pistons for a couple of years now and they are manufactured to higher tolerances than made by Cox in their last years of existence.

There are no plans to manufacture cylinders with different porting. To obtain a reasonable per-piece price, we would have to get at least 500 of them manufactured, and our goal is to sell what Cox traditionally sold, in order to maintain interchangeability.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  F4D Phantom II Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:01 pm

Hello Bernie
                    Are those TD.049 come with a taper bore #4 cylinder?
                                                                                          Juan
F4D Phantom II
F4D Phantom II
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:27 pm

F4D Phantom II wrote:Hello Bernie
                    Are those TD.049 come with a taper bore #4 cylinder?
                                                                                          Juan

Juan,

They do not. We will be using our regular TD cylinders: https://coxengines.ca/top-end/cox--049-tee-dee-cylinder-and-piston.html

A tapered version was only made for a few years by Cox; are quite expensive to make and realistically add little in performance to the equation.

What we did is manufacture our cylinder / piston sets to tighter tolerances than Cox did for their last TD 049 production runs; hence our sets should perform better.

Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Yabby Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:33 am

I can vouch for the cylinders Bernie has been getting maufactured over the past few years having tight tolerances and making great power. The original TD info sheet says you can put 1 tank of fuel through a new TD and then rev it hard and fly it. maybe back then you could.

The new cylinders are tight which is great and they just need a bit more run in than 1tank of fuel in my experience with them. which I learnt the hardway with 1 lol!
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  layback209 Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 pm

No way, thank you count me in! Incoming mail Beer Cheers
layback209
layback209
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next