Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Hurricane Irma CEF friends check in - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Hurricane Irma CEF friends check in - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 6:07 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by MauricioB Today at 8:05 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by MauricioB Today at 7:39 am

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Today at 2:52 am

» WHO NEEDS TANKS!!!?? Perfect Brand Tanks For Sale
by DanMc Yesterday at 9:07 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by roddie Yesterday at 9:02 pm

» Piston to Cylinder - what's a good fit, what's bad?
by mike in SC Yesterday at 7:42 pm

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Yesterday at 5:13 pm

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 2:51 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Yesterday at 2:07 pm

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by cstatman Yesterday at 2:03 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by GTO455 Yesterday at 2:01 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Hurricane Irma CEF friends check in - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Hurricane Irma CEF friends check in

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Hurricane Irma CEF friends check in - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricane Irma CEF friends check in

Post  rsv1cox Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:09 pm

Me too CB, I'm always prepared. Looting was a problem after several floods/hurricanes in the past but doesn't seem as prevalent recently. Maybe the press just isn't reporting it. There were just casual references during Harvey.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Hurricane Irma CEF friends check in - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricane Irma CEF friends check in

Post  TopBannana Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:23 pm

roddie wrote:
crankbndr wrote:What a cat5+ can do

Hurricane Irma CEF friends check in - Page 2 And410

Hurricane Irma CEF friends check in - Page 2 And510

I lived a few miles from tower

Hurricane Irma CEF friends check in - Page 2 And610

Good Lord.. sending prayers from up here in Rhode Island. I hope the storm turns North sooner. Some models predict that it could.

Im with ya on that one stay safe everyone
TopBannana
TopBannana
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fit90 Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:05 pm

All the prayers and good thoughts for South Florida are greatly appreciated! I am sticking this one out. If this comes up the middle of the state it will wreak unbelievable havoc on Florida! It will probably become the most expensive natural disaster in American history. My house has been through several storms and has taken them well. The last one was hurricane Wilma. A direct or near hit from this monster will be something altogether different, though. Nothing to do but prepare. I am putting the storm shutters up tomorrow. Gonna be exciting! By the way, my post storm kit is much like Crankbndr's, except I chose beer over rum.
fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:31 pm

Wish you guys had above ground safe rooms like in Tornado alley. The whole house could be gone but the safe room will be left standing.

Anyway, wish you guys would just take a road trip for a couple days instead of staying put. Go check out something cool!
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:46 am

Like I said above on the first page. I am fascinated by extreme WX having live through quite a few Typhoons (one at sea on a troops ship) two tornadoes (one took a neighbors house completely away and did not bother our toys in the back yard) and help a bit with disaster relief for many Hurricanes...Most notably Gulf Port Mississippi from Katreina a small place that was completely wiped out of existence...ENTIRELY

I can not find any good way to steal and over lay the High Pressure areas, the Jet Stream and each of the Hurricane depressions in one overlay photo

I said above that I doubt there is a scenario for Irma to steer East and it looks now like my method of observation is going to be validated

Kitia West in the Gulf, sucks Irma into the center, and Jose to the East Pushes Irma left.

And all three are all steering the Jet Stream and going to keep Irma centered to slightly Westerly tracks well into next Wednesday...

I see the Eye staying solidly up the entire State of Florida--- as it slowly looses Wind velocity !!!!!BUT She still will drop more water on that State than has ever been experience in the History of the USA

Sorry if this [bleep] some of you off...BUT IMO staying to ride it out is NOT a good plan...

Git your go bag, the family, the pets, and bug out...FEMA, NG, RED CROSS and all other services are already stretched too thin...

Re-establishment of Power and any useful infrastructure for Florida is going to be longer than usual

Still all are in out prayers

Hurricane Irma CEF friends check in - Page 2 Atl_vi10
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:46 pm

I can't leave, my wife is a nurse and required to stay, also have many pets. I can't just throw a bag in a truck and leave. Like Ron said Ive tried to make the whole house a safe zone, added things that greatly strengthened walls and roof. Will it hold? Who knows. I don't need FEMA, I have insurance out the azz and supplys to be self sufficient for a month if I survive the first strike.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:33 pm

I know hard to do as electricity is out and Gen time is limited
But stays as safe as you can and please update us here when possible

amazing how much I worry about folks I have never met
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:36 pm

crankbndr wrote:I can't leave, my wife is a nurse and required to stay, also have many pets. I can't just throw a bag in a truck and leave. Like Ron said Ive tried to make the whole house a safe zone, added things that greatly strengthened walls and roof. Will it hold? Who knows. I don't need FEMA, I have insurance out the azz and supplys to be self sufficient for a month if I survive the first strike.

Well, keep us updated if at all possible. I know you will be without power for a while. Good chance of me coming down there to put the base navaids back together. Or MacDill or Patrick..... God Bless!

Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:33 pm

crankbndr wrote:I can't leave, my wife is a nurse and required to stay, also have many pets. I can't just throw a bag in a truck and leave. Like Ron said Ive tried to make the whole house a safe zone, added things that greatly strengthened walls and roof. Will it hold? Who knows. I don't need FEMA, I have insurance out the azz and supplys to be self sufficient for a month if I survive the first strike.

To you and your family, to all who are in the area of risk, my solidarity and my thoughts, I hope and ask God to care for each one of you.
Please, as the friends of CEF say, let us know as soon as possible.
Huge hug !!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:16 pm

Thank you very much for the kind thoughts and prayers all, to early to tell but it looks like they are moving track slightly west. fit90 could be in harms way more than me, 50 or 100 miles from eye makes a huge difference.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:26 pm

crankbndr wrote:Thank you very much for the kind thoughts and prayers all, to early to tell but it looks like they are moving track slightly west. fit90 could be in harms way more than me, 50 or 100 miles from eye makes a huge difference.

Yes, bad time to be in Naples. Fred predicted a more severe west coast hit before the weather guys did.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fit90 Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:59 pm

Yeah, right now I am not really liking Mother Nature!
fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:38 pm

I know some are still focused on dealing with just existing

And some CEFers are fixing to deal with a LOT of power outage and high water problems ---still

Please check in if possible
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:39 pm

I got my but kicked good, lost power 4:30 AM Sun before storm was even strong. I would say winds120 or so worst was when storm neared Naples still 100 miles away and very strong. Now I going to see my ins agent and evac till power on could take weeks. They won't let people that evac back in to their homes. I know many got it way worse than me I am in total news blackout no info at all. Using cell tower now service is hit or miss. Keys are shut down completely even for residents
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:54 pm

Thanks for the check-in and update, that you're safe.
If you do Evacuate you can't go back? That doesn't seem right, but without power, heat, lights or what ya gonna do? Stay safe.
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:04 pm

Hope Bob checks in soon! Glad you are OK Doug!
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Hurricane Irma CEF friends check in - Page 2 Empty We rode it out

Post  VUgearhead Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:14 pm

We were very lucky in Palm Beach County. a lot of the storm bands coming in off the Gulfstream Sunday had embedded rotations (possible tornados), we were scrambling for our safe room from about 2AM until 7PM. I think our peak winds hit around 90 at the airport (PBI).

Fortunately, minimal damage. Some torn up landscape and a minor water leak on the windward side of the house. Hoping fit90 fared well over in Naples (aka ground zero).
VUgearhead
VUgearhead
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:40 pm

GOOD to hear from you guys and family !! I FEEL YA!! and sorry i can't bee of help So far but so close , i have seen more than usually Florida tags here and that's GOOD our state has the shelters open if needed . What the news and from what i have seen Very Bad , Thanks for Checking in .
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:10 am

All good in Columbia 18 hours of windy rain. 25mph or so steady with gusts at 40-50. Still coming and going, but fading away now. Lots of sticks and widowmakers on the ground, not much else. Power outage for a while around noon.

Good luck everyone else. Thanks for the thread, Fred... Ha! I'm a poet and don't know it.

Rusty... a little loopy from a long day.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:52 am

Glad to hear you guys are okay. Wishing the best for fit90 who we have yet to hear from.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  fit90 Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:29 pm

We did a lot better than expected. Minor roof and screen damage. Power on at our house. No land line or cell phones. Looking forward to checking back in and see how you are all doing.
fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:50 pm

Beer Cheers sunny cheers Clapping Good to hear you are you Faired!!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:53 pm

Good news Bob, thanks for making the extra effort to check in. Hopefully the insurance will set you up.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:09 am

Good to hear from you Bob. Hopefully that will be the last of any severe weather for a while.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fit90 Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:56 pm

I am back. We just got internet at the shop. It has been great reading all the posts that I missed. I missed you guys. And, I don't wish to ever go through anything like that, again. It will be a while before our town looks more like itself and less like a war zone. But, it is good to be back. Thank you for all the prayers and good thoughts. They were appreciated more than you will ever know!
fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next