Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

eBay shill-bidding - Page 2 Cox_ba12

eBay shill-bidding - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Looking For Comet Tri-Pacer
by DanMc Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 7:04 pm

» Cox AT-6 Texan repaint.....Pretty nice
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 4:31 pm

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by balogh Yesterday at 4:08 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:58 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:46 pm

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Yesterday at 3:07 pm

» Removing old decals
by latole Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 2:29 pm

» Cox Ryan ST 2.0
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 11:52 am

» Blue backplate postage stamp engine
by getback Yesterday at 6:46 am

» COX Postage Stamp engine -Babe Bee & Horseshoe Backplate adapters
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 6:33 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

eBay shill-bidding - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

eBay shill-bidding

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

eBay shill-bidding - Page 2 Empty Re: eBay shill-bidding

Post  Kim Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:34 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:Yeah so that doesn’t surprise me.

I have been an Ebay member since 1999. Always a buyer and never a seller until a few years ago.

Posted an auction, auction closes only to find out I have a hold on my account for the money. I called Ebay and was informed that since I was a new seller they would hold my money for 30 days or until I received positive feedback from the buyer. I inquired about shipping the item when shipping funds were being held and they pretty much suggested that I go out of pocket until funds are released.

I haven’t sold anything since.

I'm still in the "buyer" mode (and probably will stay there), but it's seems strange that your long term good record as a buyer wouldn't count toward a big measure of trust when you went about selling something. Maybe naive to think, but it seems they'd want to take good care of people with good reps.

Keeping Everything Kim
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:26 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:I have been an Ebay member since 1999. Always a buyer and never a seller until a few years ago. Posted an auction, auction closes only to find out I have a hold on my account for the money. I called Ebay and was informed that since I was a new seller they would hold my money for 30 days or until I received positive feedback from the buyer. I inquired about shipping the item when shipping funds were being held and they pretty much suggested that I go out of pocket until funds are released. I  haven’t sold anything since.

I have been an E-Bay buyer since the 1990's. Then when I was in Okinawa in the mid 2000's, I ran into a login problem. The E-Bay customer rep told me that she did not believe it was me and so she wasn't going to free my account. I had over 200 purchases by then. I created a new account and login, and have been using that since. Now I am close to 300 purchases, so I've recovered from the reputation loss.

Purposely I have never linked any of my accounts with Paypal. There is a reason for this. I have heard horror stories of where E-Bay has frozen one's account assets for sometimes the most frivolous reasons, messing up their only bank accounting system. I only give them my credit card number.

Thus, I have no plans to ever be an E-Bay seller. I'd rather seek out other venues or simply give away stuff than go their route.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  jarboy Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:25 pm

Kim wrote:
Cribbs74 wrote:Yeah so that doesn’t surprise me.

I have been an Ebay member since 1999. Always a buyer and never a seller until a few years ago.

Posted an auction, auction closes only to find out I have a hold on my account for the money. I called Ebay and was informed that since I was a new seller they would hold my money for 30 days or until I received positive feedback from the buyer. I inquired about shipping the item when shipping funds were being held and they pretty much suggested that I go out of pocket until funds are released.

I haven’t sold anything since.

I'm still in the "buyer" mode (and probably will stay there), but it's seems strange that your long term good record as a buyer wouldn't count toward a big measure of trust when you went about selling something.  Maybe naive to think, but it seems they'd want to take good care of people with good reps.

Keeping Everything Kim

the scum of the earth ruin everything. Ebay and Paypal are worried that someone stole his password, and is using his account to falsely sell something, and keeping the money. It is not widely known, but Paypal almost went bankrupt at the beginning due to scammers, and I am sure they are probably the number one target in the world.
jarboy
jarboy
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:21 am

jarboy wrote:
Kim wrote:
Cribbs74 wrote:I have been an Ebay member since 1999. Always a buyer and never a seller until a few years ago. Posted an auction, auction closes only to find out I have a hold on my account for the money. I called Ebay and was informed that since I was a new seller they would hold my money for 30 days or until I received positive feedback from the buyer. I inquired about shipping the item when shipping funds were being held and they pretty much suggested that I go out of pocket until funds are released. I haven’t sold anything since.
I'm still in the "buyer" mode (and probably will stay there), but it's seems strange that your long term good record as a buyer wouldn't count toward a big measure of trust when you went about selling something.  Maybe naive to think, but it seems they'd want to take good care of people with good reps.
the scum of the earth ruin everything.  Ebay and Paypal are worried that someone stole his password, and is using his account to falsely sell something, and keeping the money.  It is not widely known, but Paypal almost went bankrupt at the beginning due to scammers, and I am sure they are probably the number one target in the world.  
Security has always been a concern. I don't have such a benevolent attitude toward bankers and big business.

i don't feel that is justification to be heavy handed with a new seller with over several hundred transactions as a buyer. It is like making the entire class stay after school, when only one or two students misbehave, when it would have been more effective to drop the hammer on the offenders.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2