Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Yet More Flash-Back Time In My Weird Life...Running a Fox .60 "Eagle" Cox_ba12

Yet More Flash-Back Time In My Weird Life...Running a Fox .60 "Eagle" Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» A choke-tube with velocity-stack configured Bee
by roddie Today at 8:23 am

» WenMac 049 - Glow Plug & Head Gasket replacements?
by Ken Cook Today at 8:06 am

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by rsv1cox Today at 7:32 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by cstatman Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rdw777 Yesterday at 5:38 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» Nostalgia alert, my 1959 Corvette revisited
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 2:25 pm

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by akjgardner Yesterday at 10:28 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 4:30 pm

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by getback Fri May 17, 2024 7:19 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 5:35 am

» Looking For Comet Tri-Pacer
by latole Fri May 17, 2024 3:45 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Yet More Flash-Back Time In My Weird Life...Running a Fox .60 "Eagle" Empty
Live on Patrol

Yet More Flash-Back Time In My Weird Life...Running a Fox .60 "Eagle"

Go down

Yet More Flash-Back Time In My Weird Life...Running a Fox .60 "Eagle" Empty Yet More Flash-Back Time In My Weird Life...Running a Fox .60 "Eagle"

Post  Kim Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:00 am

So, I get a note from my former in-laws, asking if I could take some model airplane stuff to help clear space in their basement.  We've been on good terms since my divorce from their daughter (somewhat to her irritation) in 1998.  Both of them are having health issues, and are starting to clear away things they aren't using, and the model gear was destined for a trash heap if it wasn't rescued.

Maybe due to the clouds of "Divorce War", I had totally forgotten just how much stuff Rudy had accumulated...some of it given to him by me, along with a lot of equipment purchased new.

In the midst of the heap was a Fox .60 "Eagle" I'd given him to power his 6ft+ Great Planes Piper Cub.  The Cub is totally framed up, close to being ready for cover, and I intend to follow his request to finish it so he can see it fly (as my tiny shop grows tinier and tinier).  It won't be flying with the Fox, but with a Magnum 4-Stroke that's been lying around my shop for a couple years.

I'd never run the Eagle, having bought it in a box of engines at thrift store in the mid, 1990's, so figured it'd be fun to see if it would easily crank up...and it did.  It was still turning over easily, after it's 2 decade basement stay, so I just bolted it up and fed it some Sig 10% Champion.

The Perry carb had it running and idling in a league with my beloved O.S. engines.  I didn't tach the old Fox, but the idle was really low-end and dependable.

Not sure what it'll go on, but I AM getting visions of a .60 size Ringmaster, doing touch and goes with a single servo radio for it's throttle.  Now THAT would be cool!!!!

Yet More Flash-Back Time In My Weird Life...Running a Fox .60 "Eagle" 0_031
Yet More Flash-Back Time In My Weird Life...Running a Fox .60 "Eagle" 2_152
Yet More Flash-Back Time In My Weird Life...Running a Fox .60 "Eagle" 3_82
Yet More Flash-Back Time In My Weird Life...Running a Fox .60 "Eagle" 4_130
Yet More Flash-Back Time In My Weird Life...Running a Fox .60 "Eagle" 5_129

Last edited by Kim on Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Yet More Flash-Back Time In My Weird Life...Running a Fox .60 "Eagle" Empty Re: Yet More Flash-Back Time In My Weird Life...Running a Fox .60 "Eagle"

Post  Marleysky Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:55 am

Wow! That’s a really cool looking engine. I think I may have parts of one in a storage tote up in the attic. I remember the flag on the side of the case.
It’s nice you remained friends with your former In-laws. Mine took their daughters side when she took 75% of whatever we had back then. I only lost one plane and a small box of engines, and a pontoon boat! Thanks to the lawyers. lol!
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Yet More Flash-Back Time In My Weird Life...Running a Fox .60 "Eagle" Empty Re: Yet More Flash-Back Time In My Weird Life...Running a Fox .60 "Eagle"

Post  Ken Cook Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:21 pm

I love the big ones.I have a Fox .60 MK 3 which looks like it's a bunch of cobbled together parts with screws and nuts all over it. It's a beast and I use it to burn up old fuel.Great stuff and they did offer a control line venturi for this .60.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:14 am

Nice Eagle .60 ! Man that plane takes up some work area / wing that is LOL Make a nice winter project for YOU Leaves I got i think is a OS .60 That i resleeve a long time ago but never ran it Humm. I got a test stand big enough too .
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down