Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Update!!! Santa Showed Up Unannounced! Cox_ba12

Update!!! Santa Showed Up Unannounced! Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» A choke-tube with velocity-stack configured Bee
by roddie Today at 6:12 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by cstatman Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by cstatman Yesterday at 6:56 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rdw777 Yesterday at 5:38 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» WenMac 049 - Glow Plug & Head Gasket replacements?
by rdw777 Yesterday at 4:32 pm

» Nostalgia alert, my 1959 Corvette revisited
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 2:25 pm

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by akjgardner Yesterday at 10:28 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 4:30 pm

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by getback Fri May 17, 2024 7:19 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 5:35 am

» Looking For Comet Tri-Pacer
by latole Fri May 17, 2024 3:45 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Update!!! Santa Showed Up Unannounced! Empty
Live on Patrol

Update!!! Santa Showed Up Unannounced!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Update!!! Santa Showed Up Unannounced! Empty Update!!! Santa Showed Up Unannounced!

Post  NEW222 Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:40 pm

Well, not sure what to say. I was originally happy to dive into 3D printing, but that may have been short lived. As of today, still no updates on the shipping of my printer. Expected delivery has both come and gone. Now all I see is 'shipped' on the website where I bought it from, and on Canada Post all I see is that 'electronic information submitted by seller' and 'delayed, stay tuned for further updates''. This has been since the 7th. Seller says it is shipped and is currently with the carrier, and the carrier, Canada Post, says they do not have it. Seller says I have to wait for over another week before they will do anything, and Canada Post said they can't do anything. When I asked about my item being 'lost', they denied that....... Very frusterating to say the least.

My biggest problem with this is that I was only able to get this one that day as there was a great sale on it. Now when I get refunded, in hopefully 2 or so weeks, I will have to choose another printer, and hope the one I wanted will be on sale again, but not holding my breath on that price again. If not, I will either have to wait a while to get what I had wanted, buy a used printer locally maybe, or just get a cheaper printer. I wanted the bigger 'bed', but may settle for one with a smaller 'bed' for now just so I can have some fun. Tis not the season now! Mad

Last edited by NEW222 on Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Update!!! Santa Showed Up Unannounced! Empty Re: Update!!! Santa Showed Up Unannounced!

Post  Jason_WI Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:27 pm

Did you order from Amazon or from the Creality official store website? When I ordered my Ender 5 plus form the Creality official store my printer took 3.5 weeks pre Covid last August. My order form Chicago took almost 3 weeks. USPS is extremely slow.
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Update!!! Santa Showed Up Unannounced! Empty Re: Update!!! Santa Showed Up Unannounced!

Post  roddie Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:28 pm

Hey Chancey.. a smaller bed is better than no bed at all.. Smile All kidding aside; the postal services are experiencing an exponential back-log in flow due to the pandemic. I'm willing to bet that you'll get the parcel before Christmas. Keep the faith brother! Lighting The Tree
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:41 pm

Thanks roddie for the positive vibes. I too am hoping it will show up. I really don't want my money back, I just want the printer. If nothing happens by New Years, I will start to re-evaluate the situation more. Definately would not be doing anything between now and then, or should I say be buying anything between now and then.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:38 pm

Keep the faith Chancey, it will show up sometime. I actually got 3 of my 10 delayed items last week. My worry would be that it gets jounced around a bit. I hope the shipper packed it well. I'm as eager for you to get it as you are.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:53 am

Hang in there Santa is coming !! All his helpers are busier than usual this year Rudolph Rudolph Rudolph Rudolph
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:09 am

Yes, it was purchased through Amazon. It was sold through another seller, but fulfilled by Amazon. Not too concerned as Amazon will have my back, but cannot resend as Amazon was not the seller, only the shipper. Because of that, they cannot do anything about the price if I end up re-buying it.

If I have to go that route, I never thought of it, but may check out prices right from Creality too. Maybe worth a shot. But will not be doing anything for a while while the shipping rush is on for the season.

Thanks for all the positive vibes. Maybe Santa will still show up yet! Fingers crossed.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:17 pm

Well, the big guy showed up today unannounced! No initial notice other than there was an electronic label created by the shipper. Then later on after it was delivered, they updated the tracking. Got a nice big box today. Assembled and am currently doing one of the test prints right now. Appears to be going alright, but what do I know? So hopefully in the next couple of days I will be able to print out a couple of the things I have 'designed'.
Update!!! Santa Showed Up Unannounced! 13198110

NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:33 pm

WHOO-HOO! RC Plane
Erry Christmas to you!!
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:36 pm

AWESOME BROTHER!!! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Hand Shake Snowman Rudolph I knew it would come.. and I'm so happy for you!
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  OhBee Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:39 pm

You guys are too high tech for me! ...I'm clueless. ..I was a mere mechanic for 42 yrs.
OhBee
OhBee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:45 am

Nice. Let me guess printing the dog that is already sliced on the sd card.

Replace that SD card with a sandisk one. Both the original SD cards in my ender 5 and Ender 5 plus would cause weird errors during printing.

Print a string test. Any stringing between the posts increase retraction. I was up to 7-8mm before I gave up on the Bowden drive extruder and went to direct drive. Don’t go past 40mm/s retraction speed.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2080224

Also calibrate the e steps/mm. All the Enders come under extruding out of the box.

https://m.all3dp.com/2/extruder-calibration-6-easy-steps-2/

Good luck!

Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:01 am

OhBee wrote:You guys are too high tech for me! ...I'm clueless. ..I was a mere mechanic for 42 yrs.

"Mere Mechanic?"  Affraid or WOW!
It's an honourable profession.  It seems that everyone thinks that mechanics don't need to be smart and treat us like where just a bunch of Neanderthals.  They also think that they're smart enough to do things themselves.  Most are not!
It frustrates me no end that a plumber need to be trained, licensed and all jobs need to be certified.  If his workmanship is off, the customer gets wet feet and damaged carpets.
Out here, anyone can do mechanical repairs with no legal requirements to protect the customer. They can go to a discount auto store (or ebay) and buy the chepest brake pads they can, install them (poorly) in a two ton vehicle that goes down the highway at 100 Km/h.  Do you feel safe?
The "real" mechanics deserve all the respect "we" can get because every time our customers drive they put their lives in our hands.

We might be clueless when it comes to a 3D printer, but that doesn't make us dumb. No!
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:50 am

merry Christmas to YOU Chancy !! Very happy for you brother !! Lighting The Tree Rudolph Rudolph Rod I feel ya !! Babe Bee .049
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:12 am

Just lay that lovely unique PT-19 on there Chancey hit the on button and print away. Smile Were life so easy. Sad

BTW, I was a "White collar" worker for most of my adult life, but after hours I was a mechanic which was a heck of a lot more fun.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:55 pm

Off topic, but ON TRACK:

Letters and abbreviations after someones name...specially real estate agents and financial advisers are laughable.  PHd, Md are worthy of the distinction.  When “they” started creating certification levels for HVAC technicians for handling freon or how to install a furnace, I was not impressed with the training required. Truly, it was nothing more than reading the installation instructions. So, you were certified if you were awake at the end of the class.  Today,  I can be an experienced mechanic just by searching Google and You-tube.  The last time my son took his VW to German Auto Service, there was a item charged as “Computer search for service info” ...so, they must do the same as I do!!  

....Bob , this ones for you:  Update!!! Santa Showed Up Unannounced! 70255a10
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:53 pm

Chancey,

Did yours can me with a CD with a test print(s) on it?

Ours has a dog. Dog was in STL, so we only had to put it on media.
The dog smears at about a half of head printed (around the 3" tall mark). Youngest son owns it, and gave up after three headless dogs. I asked if he changes anything in params between prints. "No Dad....(hmmph)." Clearly he doesn't want my help.

I hope to print your files tonight or tomorrow. We'll see.

Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:13 pm

Love it Rene, someone is having a lot of fun with an old MGB body.

Yeah, after name stuff....rsv1cox must mean that I'm a Cox expert, nothing could be further from the truth. rsvmgb on the MG forum must mean I'm a MGB expert, perhaps a little closer living with them the past 30 years. rsv1ho on the model train forum, yup I'm an interloper there too knowing next to nothing.

That MGB's little sister is "up on blocks" for the winter, result of the clutch going out a couple of weeks ago on the way home. Thought it felt a little funny when I shifted into third so I left it there, lot's of grunts getting it up the hill to my garage but I timed it right and slid right in with no gear change. Actuator rod had slipped off the MC's piston when the rubber seal popped off. Will be bleeding clutch this Spring.

Update!!! Santa Showed Up Unannounced! P1010625
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:05 pm

944_Jim wrote:Chancey,

Did yours can me with a CD with a test print(s) on it?

Ours has a dog. Dog was in STL, so we only had to put it on media.
The dog smears at about a half of head printed (around the 3" tall mark). Youngest son owns it, and gave up after three headless dogs. I asked if he changes anything in params between prints. "No Dad....(hmmph)." Clearly he doesn't want my help.

I hope to print your files tonight or tomorrow. We'll see.

Mine came with a micro SD card with all the manuals and instructions as well as a cat, a dog, and a pig. Last night I printed out the cat. Started with the included sample filament thinking it would be enough for it. Well, am I ever glad I had ordered another roll of white PLA with it. I was checking in here and there. That is when I noticed I had about an inch left with 48% remaining. Well let me tell you I was able to Google what to do very quickly....... Mine does not have the filament change option, so I just paused it, removed the filament, swapped it out and hit resume print. Got up in the middle of the night so I could see the finished first produt. All I can say is wow. I was very impressed as to how clear and fine the detail was.

But as of now, I am currently printing out the two holders, horseshoe backplate holder, and an earsaver in one print. Got about 2 hours remaining on that. Then I have a couple of small things the missus wants, well one she wants (earrings), and a surprise book holder. That will be done after my stuff is done printing. Just going to play with it and have a bit of fun the next day or so. Tomorrow evening I will probably give the tower test file Jason had mentioned to see how things go.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:05 pm

Been busy playing with the toys.... anyways here are the wing ribs and tail jigs. Also printed out a backplate spacer for the horseshoe backplate to help keep the venturi tube away from the firewall.
Update!!! Santa Showed Up Unannounced! 20201214
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:07 pm

I did try them out. And while they do work, the smaller ones are very slightly tight. But they did test ok, so will simply leave them as is for now.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:31 am

That looks good , i think that wood bee helpful when building the wings etc. I got some jigs (wooden) for the same reason for the Baby Clown i built , they were very helpful so i kept them of course in case i ever build another 1/2A wing But would even bee better for 36/42 " w/s  but need to bee bigger i would think ? Rudolph  Good to see your having Fun with the new toy Christmas Tree Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:31 am

Look beautiful Chancey, nice clean renditions.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:22 am

Thanks guys for the compliments. Its greatly appreciated.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  OhBee Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:47 am

I don't get what they do?.... sure dint take you long to figure that thingamajig out!  I'd still be trying to understand what the heck the directions are talking about!   🤪
OhBee
OhBee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next