Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Jim Walker U-Reely and a Cox connection? Cox_ba12

Jim Walker U-Reely and a Cox connection? Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Looking For Comet Tri-Pacer
by DanMc Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 7:04 pm

» Cox AT-6 Texan repaint.....Pretty nice
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 4:31 pm

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by balogh Yesterday at 4:08 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:58 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:46 pm

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Yesterday at 3:07 pm

» Removing old decals
by latole Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 2:29 pm

» Cox Ryan ST 2.0
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 11:52 am

» Blue backplate postage stamp engine
by getback Yesterday at 6:46 am

» COX Postage Stamp engine -Babe Bee & Horseshoe Backplate adapters
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 6:33 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Jim Walker U-Reely and a Cox connection? Empty
Live on Patrol

Jim Walker U-Reely and a Cox connection?

Go down

Jim Walker U-Reely and a Cox connection? Empty Jim Walker U-Reely and a Cox connection?

Post  rsv1cox Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:40 am

I have a Jim Walker U-Reely handle that didn't get a lot of love here:

https://www.coxengineforum.com/t3552-jim-walker-u-reely

But I'm missing the linkage, had it once, sold it.  I would like to complete the set and found this on ebay which looks like the JW linkage but I'm not sure.  Cheap enough that I took the chance.  Could be Cox linkage, but I think that was plastic like used on the Ryan ST. ???

Jim Walker U-Reely and a Cox connection? Ebay_c12
Jim Walker U-Reely and a Cox connection? Ebay_c11
Jim Walker U-Reely and a Cox connection? Ebay_c13

Either way, I thought the Cox instructions a keeper. It will get ironed out, copied and put in my Cox binder.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Jim Walker U-Reely and a Cox connection? Empty Re: Jim Walker U-Reely and a Cox connection?

Post  roddie Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:26 am

Hi Robert, That photo shows a "3-line" bellcrank, which was used in conjunction with the J. Roberts Flight Control handle The same company (Sturdi-Built) also distributed the U-Reely. The J. Roberts Flight-Control could control an engine-throttle (as in Control-Line Carrier events) or.. actuate a function such as a bomb-drop.. ejection-seat.. etc.

I have one of those handles.. and "had" the bellcranks (my bellcranks are MIA)

photos below of my handle, packaging and the literature that accompanied it.

Jim Walker U-Reely and a Cox connection? J_robe11
Jim Walker U-Reely and a Cox connection? J_robe12
Jim Walker U-Reely and a Cox connection? J_robe13
Jim Walker U-Reely and a Cox connection? J_robe14
Jim Walker U-Reely and a Cox connection? J_robe15
Jim Walker U-Reely and a Cox connection? J_robe16
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Jim Walker U-Reely and a Cox connection? Empty Re: Jim Walker U-Reely and a Cox connection?

Post  rsv1cox Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:06 pm

Funny how those "Plane unit" (picture 5 of your series) go missing while the handle doesn't.  You see them all the time on ebay.  The plane unit probably gets tossed with the smashed up balsa after a crash.  Needed to see that picture.  Sure looks like an original JW unit.  

Not sure what I will do with it, but at least now I have a set.  And I get a rather unique bell crank as a bonus.

Jim Walker U-Reely and a Cox connection? Ebay_b11

Thanks roddie
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:44 pm

WOW! You're Welcome Robert! That custom bellcrank is NICE! I like it! It looks strong.. and maybe has a 2.5" to 2.75" line-spacing? The pushrod points looks about right to me.. but whahh doo  I know.. ???

My 3-line bellcrank (I had only one..) is "here"..................... somewhere............. You know how that is. Lynne will find it after I cash-in all my chips.. and mistake it for a fishing lure.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:34 pm

Got it today.  Confusing.

I bought it mostly for the three line throttle assembly, but the attraction for me primarily is the Cox throttle control instructions.  I searched the assemblies part number - 2468 and couldn't find anything.  Even looked it up in Jacob's "Instructions" page.  

Guidelines say - INSTALLING A THROTTLE ON YOUR PLANE.  "The Cox Throttle control can be installed on many of the Cox planes equipped with an .049 engine.  When you purchase part #2468 it will include a new cylinder, piston and rod and throttle assembly, everything needed for throttle installation except the throttle wire."

I take it that the "Throttle assembly" is the sleeve portion that encloses the exhaust ports.  Nothing is said about the unique three wire control that goes in the plane.  The illustrated bell-crank on the instructions does not resemble the bell-crank that came with the rest of the parts included in the auction.  

It goes on to tell about white and red wire bobbins, the red line used for the throttle control.  There is a little part included that has red line wound on it but it is not included in the 2468 part package.  

Years ago as kids we used to yell 2-4-6-8 I don't want to communicate ......... seems in this regard at least Cox doesn't want to either.  (Sorry, couldn't help it.)

I ironed and copied the instructions for inclusion in my Cox folder.  Hopefully ironing will sanitize as well.  

Jim Walker U-Reely and a Cox connection? P1011066
Jim Walker U-Reely and a Cox connection? P1011067
Jim Walker U-Reely and a Cox connection? P1011068

Anyone have any insight regarding this, please communicate......
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:15 am

I dont know if this helps But here it is J-Roberts install Jim Walker U-Reely and a Cox connection? Brodak10
http://www.cheffers.co.uk/3line.html Wink
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:06 am

Thanks Eric, saved it.

Edit add:  

Found the three line Cox model that I remembered from years past with the 3 line control for sale on ebay.

Jim Walker U-Reely and a Cox connection? Cox_3_10
Jim Walker U-Reely and a Cox connection? Cox_3_12
Jim Walker U-Reely and a Cox connection? Cox_3_11

ebay @ $499 + $36.  Years ago, maybe, with a box - more maybe.  Resembles the one in the Cox instruction sheet but doesn't seem to be included in the kit. One is worthless without the other.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:06 pm

WoW That's Nice never seen that one / or don't remember? I searched for 30 or so just to get what i did and i know it don't apply that much but has potential .. Well the one in the plane is plastic , and yours is metal ?? what's up with that ?? So maybe a part to order for a upgrade to . You think this is confusion have you seen what Brodak offers ? >> https://brodak.com/control-line-parts/bellcranks.html  I was going to buy a handle for this but i don't know if i could even get it set up Embarassed
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:13 am

Thanks for that link Eric, I did not know that Brodak offered three line bell-cranks.  I'm happy now that my U-Relly system is complete.

I do so want that three line Cox Ryan.  I  would be tempted if it had the box and the handle. He has some nice stuff, at a price especially a nice Wen F-7 Cutlass.

Wanna cry.................

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3604949-Rather-rare-cox-pt-20-with-throttle-02-engine

w/box and handle
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:56 am

She looked a little rough but the price is/was right .. Yea w/out the box at 499 is a bit high but again nice specimen Smile
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down