Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Top FLite Mustang Cox_ba12

Top FLite Mustang Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by Admin Today at 3:25 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by roddie Today at 2:48 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Today at 12:38 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by Admin Today at 10:31 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by GTO455 Today at 8:11 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 7:29 am

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:51 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» I brake for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:38 pm

» Ball - Socket Joints
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» A little nostalgia…
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» A new useful transport vehicle
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 10:32 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Top FLite Mustang Empty
Live on Patrol

Top FLite Mustang

Go down

Top FLite Mustang Empty Top FLite Mustang

Post  Ken Cook Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:02 am

I've been trying to reduce my plane inventory. Maybe I will have to do a trash can fly. I've given several to a club member over the past few months. He has a issue and suffers from the Igottahaveit disease. I figured I'd cure him by giving him planes that actually are built correctly and fly well.  I haven't seen one of them at the field since I gave them to him. I tend to see this a lot as I've done this with others too. It makes perfect sense because why would a control line flyer use something that works?  They want to fly the worst flying turd in their arsenal and then ask 10 others why it doesn't work.

What I've found is that parting with my 1/2A's have been the most difficult. I suppose due to owning some of them for over 30 years and the fact they don't take up a lot of space. However, it's time to build stuff that I bought and have stored for years. I figure if I take it out and it doesn't pass my test, it's OUTTA HERE!!!!!

This Top Flite Mustang has been with me for almost 30 years and while it's not a looker, it works well. I've had this Sure Start on it since I purchased it from Estes when they were offered up at $4. I reset the ball socket, polished up the inside of the cylinder due to it feeling like sand was in it. I also mounted the cylinder inboard. I've been running this on a fuel no longer available and this is the last of it on this flight. It's a Powermaster full synthetic blend 15% nitro. I've never run this engine on anything but this fuel and it loves it.

https://www.facebook.com/PhillyFliersCL/videos/300590148170629/
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Top FLite Mustang Empty Re: Top FLite Mustang

Post  FlipStart Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:54 pm

Cool Video Ken. Your a really good flyer!.. It never dawned on me that a left handed flyer would fly counter clockwise as a native direction. It looked to me like that mustang should be a keeper.
FlipStart
FlipStart
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:03 pm

The pilot is my son Shawn. Rich who was doing the video didn't capture the cool stuff which was above 45 deg. Nonetheless, it's a keeper.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cryhavoc Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:41 am

Neat video!

I think I have the same kit. The mustang kit in the upper right of the pic?       Top FLite Mustang Cabine10

Mike
Cryhavoc
Cryhavoc
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:28 am

Good fling plane for what it is , had to go back to see if it was a built up wing . That's funny about the gotohaveit dieses , know people like that and some of them are thief's !! Anyway let me ask you about Shawn's stiff arm input at the handle , when he does inverted to over head (say an fig. 8 ) Is he using any wrist movement ? I have not been able to fly for sometime now till I get things slowed down but have not tried this arm instead of wrist witch is what way i learnt to fly .
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:44 pm

The Junior Aces were built-up wings and profile fuselages. I'd love to get the patterns for all of them. Either on SH, or RCG is a thread where the mustang parts patterns are overlaid with a Hurricane outline. I keep looping back to WWII warbirds, even though I try to maneuver away from them.
One of the other Junior Aces is the #16 Racer. This is one I'd love to do with details as a tribute, making it look more like the big 42" Shoestring kit, In particular, the inboard "engine cowl"

I must be a horrible pilot, or a horrible builder. I don't think I could build and fly a plane that flies as well as in the video posted on FB.

Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  duaneh Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:30 pm

I never had the Mustang, but built both the Hurricane and Cosmic Wind as a kid. I remember them both being good fliers.
When these showed up on that big auction site, I just couldn't help myself. I've no intention to build either model, it's just cool to have them back.
       Top FLite Mustang 100_2710

All 3 kits used the same wing, the only difference was the tip shape. Jim, if you want patterns for either of these, just let me know.

Mike, want to sell that Mustang? Very Happy
duaneh
duaneh
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:12 pm

I have built the Cosmic Wind from Sterling and still fly it with a COX TeeDee 09 RC in its nose...a very nice classic bird..see in my avatar and below:

https://www.coxengineforum.com/t10158-cosmic-wind-from-sterling?highlight=Cosmic+wind

https://www.coxengineforum.com/t13664-flight-vid-on-board-my-cosmic-wind-r-c-powered-by-a-cox-teedee09?highlight=Cosmic+wind
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:26 pm

Ken Cook wrote:I've been trying to reduce my plane inventory. Maybe I will have to do a trash can fly. I've given several to a club member over the past few months. He has a issue and suffers from the Igottahaveit disease. I figured I'd cure him by giving him planes that actually are built correctly and fly well.  I haven't seen one of them at the field since I gave them to him. I tend to see this a lot as I've done this with others too. It makes perfect sense because why would a control line flyer use something that works?  They want to fly the worst flying turd in their arsenal and then ask 10 others why it doesn't work.

.... Laughing yea.. that does happen..
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down