Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Pearl Harbor, the event and the movie Cox_ba12

Pearl Harbor, the event and the movie Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 8:14 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Today at 8:10 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by sosam117 Today at 8:07 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Today at 3:16 am

» Happy Anzac Day!
by Boats13 Yesterday at 11:03 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Yesterday at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:12 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Pearl Harbor, the event and the movie Empty
Live on Patrol

Pearl Harbor, the event and the movie

Go down

Pearl Harbor, the event and the movie Empty Pearl Harbor, the event and the movie

Post  rsv1cox Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:58 am

I always try to watch the movie "Pearl Harbor" on or around December seventh. This year was no exception but it was made more interesting by an article in the November issue of Air Classics magazine that profiled the two pilots that participated in that event. The two pilots Ken Taylor and George Welch managed to get off the ground and engage the Japanese. The actors in the movie flying P-40's were based on them.

The article in Air Classis is factual, the movie is not but it does relate the main aspects of the attack and if you discount the sappy dialogue, it's entertaining.

Pearl Harbor, the event and the movie P1012302
Pearl Harbor, the event and the movie P1012303
Pearl Harbor, the event and the movie P1012301
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Pearl Harbor, the event and the movie Empty Re: Pearl Harbor, the event and the movie

Post  Ken Cook Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:09 pm

During attendance on Pearl Harbor Day in 2nd grade, the teacher who I still know his name had us bow our heads for a moment of silence. Well, being in 2nd grade and asking a boy to stay still was not going to happen for me. When I tell you I got yelled at, that would be a complete understatement. The reason was explained to me through some of the most violent yelling I ever encountered. That was a scary history lesson for me. I never ever forgot it though . If you did that to a 2nd grader today I can only imagine the consequences. We took a moment of silence at work today. All the trades went to the window facing the Battleship New Jersey which is a stone throw from our window and bowed our heads. 4 years ago, T-6 Texans flew up the Delaware and dropped wreaths in the water next to the New Jersey, quite a sight and very few on the job even knew what was even happening.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Pearl Harbor, the event and the movie Empty Re: Pearl Harbor, the event and the movie

Post  Levent Suberk Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:05 pm

1970 made Tora Tora Tora is also an interesting movie. I watch it in movie theater at seventies.

Yorktown aircraft carrier had been commissioned by producers in that movie.

Pearl Harbor, the event and the movie 37877c10
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:21 pm

Another great Pearl Harbor movie Levent.

The flying scenes are spectular using restored and replicated aircraft. The one scene where the Japanese are flying along side the trainer aircraft is memorable. Critics panned the film, I enjoyed it because of the airplanes, the acting wasn't an issue with me.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:14 pm

NOT Dec 7 and Pacific but earlier this year I found a neat variation of the Band of Brothers story called

The Liberator on NETFLIX

Weird semi animated 4 part short series....how this low budget true story was produced is worthy of examination IMO

Written by Jeb Stuart is the true story of

The Liberator is a character-driven action miniseries based on the true story of World War II infantry commander Felix "Shotgun" Sparks (played by Bradley James), who led the members of the 157th Infantry Regiment of the 45th Infantry Division, an integrated group of white cowboys, Mexican Americans and Native soldiers drawn from across the west. Sparks and his battalion of "Thunderbirds" were classic citizen soldiers, and for over 500 days they led a special group of American soldiers from Italy to France to the liberation of the Dachau concentration camp, through some of the most grueling battles of the war, becoming one of the most decorated American combat units of World War II

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felix_L._Sparks

In lite of this Pearl Harbor event I have started re watching the mini HBO series "War in the Pacific" a well done documentary ....especially enlightening is the pre war history of geo political intrigue well predating events in 1941

I personally have been in parts of the world witnessing Coups first hand and know that what is broadcast has little semblance to actual Political and State Department intrigue

If you never study French and Viet Nam history from 1900 to 1951 you have NO CLUE how America HAD TO go aid the French in 1952 and then the long (never ending war) until 1974
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:14 pm

While I am quite familiar with all aspects of the holocaust, reading your referenced Wikipedia's account of the liberation of Dachau was a shock. I was raised a Christian but I have a special affinity and admiration for Jews and Israel. Dicey situation creating that country considering it's location, but if any people needed a homeland, it's the Jews.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:06 pm

Well, this is kind of funny. As I was here last evening then saw your post about the movie Pearl Harbor and your 'box set'. I too have a set like that here somewhere, but I just did not feel like digging to watch it last night. Right after leaving teh site, my prayers were answered as it just so happened to start playing here on tv, so I too watched it last night.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down