Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

on this Pearl Harbor day let us remember................. Cox_ba12

on this Pearl Harbor day let us remember................. Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Today at 4:16 pm

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by MauricioB Today at 3:43 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 12:27 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by roddie Today at 10:11 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 8:14 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Today at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Yesterday at 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:12 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

on this Pearl Harbor day let us remember................. Empty
Live on Patrol

on this Pearl Harbor day let us remember.................

Go down

on this Pearl Harbor day let us remember................. Empty on this Pearl Harbor day let us remember.................

Post  SuperDave Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:43 am

"Eternal vigilance it the price of freedom." - Thomas Jefferson

Such sentiments have been expressed many ways but the message is very clear.

SD
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

on this Pearl Harbor day let us remember................. Empty Re: on this Pearl Harbor day let us remember.................

Post  duke.johnson Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:59 am

Thanks for the reminder SD.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

on this Pearl Harbor day let us remember................. Empty Re: on this Pearl Harbor day let us remember.................

Post  andrew Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:42 pm

Like many of you, my late father was a WWII vet --- he was sailor in the South Pacific involved in the island hopping campaign moving toward Japan. We owe a significant debt to those men and women who served both then and now.

Thanks for the reminder.

andrew
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:09 pm

So true.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:29 am

How easy is to become lulled into a sense of false security in a free country.

Yet many of us are complacent. Why?

My early childhood yearsaw the privations of war: rationing of food commodities, gasoline, shoes and much more. Air raid drills, older women teachers called out of retirement (male teachers had been drafted for miltitary service)............

Please tell me those times could never happen again.

SD
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:37 pm

Those times could never happen again...

At least not in the same capacity, it wasn't called the greatest generation for nothing.

Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:32 pm

"Those times could never happen again..." - Ron

Why not?

The Greatest Generation" was noteable for it's dedication and sacrifice to win a war.

Where would you find their likes today? You'd have to look very hard to find them save for military active-duty personnel and veterans.

SD

SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:41 pm

Well,

It wasn't limited to the US it was a worldwide effort. I think many folks beyond military and veterans would band together, just not in the same way.

Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:34 pm

Hopefully as a world of peoples... we are learning something from history... and moving forward toward peace on Earth. (call me a romantic)
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:56 pm

If I saw any indications of such I'd join you in your romaticism.

SD
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:44 am

The political junkie and retired soldier in me thinks that we are much more likely to experience a Civil War before any World War. That said, having an administration that willfully and constantly lies to the citizens, and our allies, certainly must diminish any credibility we may have gained in the last 50 years. A future World War is certainly possible under these conditions.

I am a officer in our local VFW, American Legion, and Disabled American Veteran (DAV). In that capacity I have many opportunities to interact with the local school children and Boy Scouts. I am deeply saddened and seriously concerned that they do not get truthful US history taught to them in the public school. Much less any critical thinking or simple moral code instruction.

The civil war, I think is coming, will be between races or economic classes here in America. I have a pragmatic view of current affairs.... there are too many in the wagon and too few pulling...eventually those pulling die, quit, and become too few to sustain the current situation in the U.S.A....This is a sure recipe for chaos and disaster.

Thanks Dave, for the reminder

Parting thought, the December 7th memorial program we do every year at the VFW is experiencing fewer and fewer attendees, especially as all the WWII veterans die off (at an astounding rate I might add)....... There does come a day in the not too distant future when the only veterans in these Fraternal Organizations, and on display in parades will be Korea, Viet Nam, Desert Storm, and Gulf War era. Like it or not, the general public does not regard these veterans with the same reverence as we do the WWI and WWII veterans. Respected generally, yes! But not to the same inner emotional level as those from the "Greatest Generation"
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:06 am

Fred says it well.

I suppose this will be considered a shot at Ron but I'll mention it anyway:

"Those times could never happen again..." - Ron (This without an explanation)

Yes Ron and World War One was considered "The War to End ALL Wars." Peace without Victory" and all that.

To my critics: So boot me from the forum for being too frank and honest.

SD
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:18 am

andrew wrote:Like many of you, my late father was a WWII vet --- he was sailor in the South Pacific involved in the island hopping campaign moving toward Japan.  We owe a significant debt to those men and women who served both then and now.

Thanks for the reminder.

andrew
So was mine. Maybe they were on the same boat. I come from a long line of Sailors.

Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:16 pm

roddie wrote:Hopefully as a world of peoples... we are learning something from history... and moving forward toward peace on Earth. (call me a romantic)

Roddie:

Yes and......

"If wishes were horses beggars would ride."

SD
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:22 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:Well,

It wasn't limited to the US it was a worldwide effort. I think many folks beyond military and veterans would band together, just not in the same way.

It was never foreseen the Germany, Italy and Japan would unite to form the Axis Powers of WWII either.

SD
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:05 am

Surprised the above hasn't drawn a response.

I close my case about being prepared in a turbulant world.

SD

Last edited by SuperDave on Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:02 am

Cribbs74 wrote:Those times could never happen again...

At least not in the same capacity, it wasn't called the greatest generation for nothing.

Ditto

Alway tickles me when I hear WWII started in 1941 tho.
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:23 am

My Canadian grandfather of 93yrs doesn't let me forget that he entered service in 1939!

He also says that I am in the "Yank Army" even though I am active USAF....
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:00 pm

Actually John the beginnings of WWII were laid down during the Franco-Prusian War during the 1870's which lead to WWI and then WWII.

The repeating cycle of war should be disturbing to thinking people.

SD
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  OVERLORD Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:23 pm

SD, It's much older that that. All this started in 843 after the treaty of Verdun. The empire of Charlemagne was devided in 3 parts among his 3 grandsons: the western part, called France from 1200 onwards, the eastern part Germania and the middle part Lorraine. In 855, Lorraine was hacked into 3 parts and ended up being devided between France and Germany. This part has always been the subject of disputes.

In 1871, after the French emperor Napoleon III was captured by the Germans, Alsace-Lorraine became German for the last time. In 1919 during the treaty of Versailles, where the return of Alsace- Lorraine to France was claimed by Clemenceau, the major allied powers represented by W.Wilson as US president and L. George as prime minister of Britain were not favourable for the return of Alsace-Lorraine to France or - to say it in other words - did not object that this region would remain German. An intervention of the Empress Eugénie, wife of Napoleon III, changed this situation. She handed over to Clemeneau a letter of the Kaiser sent to her after the defeat of 1871, where he stated that the annexation of Alsace-Lorraine did not happen to expand the territory of the reich but more to create a buffer zone or barrier to protect Germany from agressive France.

Lieven
OVERLORD
OVERLORD
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:36 pm

Lieven:

I appreciate your input from the European perspective.

Indeed there is a connection between most wars ancient to modern. To deny that is to be ignorant of history.

But such is the nature of mankind itself to struggle for self-betterment often at the expense of others. The cycle will continue with even greater furosity as world population rises and resources diminish.

Regards,

SD
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down