Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Wall hanger 48" control line flaps P-51 with locked up Fox .35 Cox_ba12

Wall hanger 48" control line flaps P-51 with locked up Fox .35 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» audio-tach anyone?
by F4D Phantom II Today at 8:06 pm

» WenMac 049 - Glow Plug & Head Gasket replacements?
by Ken Cook Today at 7:50 pm

» 12 string guitar suggestions
by akjgardner Today at 7:08 pm

» A choke-tube with velocity-stack configured Bee
by roddie Today at 2:54 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 2:43 pm

» Nostalgia alert, my 1959 Corvette revisited
by Admin Today at 1:11 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rsv1cox Today at 10:26 am

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by rsv1cox Today at 7:32 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by akjgardner Yesterday at 10:28 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 4:30 pm

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by getback Fri May 17, 2024 7:19 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Wall hanger 48" control line flaps P-51 with locked up Fox .35 Empty
Live on Patrol

Wall hanger 48" control line flaps P-51 with locked up Fox .35

Go down

Wall hanger 48" control line flaps P-51 with locked up Fox .35 Empty Wall hanger 48" control line flaps P-51 with locked up Fox .35

Post  rsv1cox Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:45 am

Some might remember this, Mark found it at a flea market and called me to see if I wanted it.  Sent me a picture.  Buy it!!!  I was hoping that it had an OS Max or Enya engine, or maybe even a Webra.  But no, an off-the shelf castor locked Fox .35 with a loose propellor.  Disappointed I stuck it on the wall and mostly forgot about it.  Snowed in today, to windy to burn so I gave it a little love.  

Ok installation on the engine but elongated mounting holes.  Ok, it's a Fox.  Apologies to Fox fans.  Totally locked up including the needle. Got out the heat gun.  Don't yell at me about the vice. I know the difference between snug and OMG!!!  Just going to heat it up and spin the prop.  Took some doing, didn't want to free-up easily.  Used a little Remoil down the holes to spin it, then some drops of my horded Prather after run that is older than many here.  I know it's older than Cribbs, he's such a kid.  

I think this Fox .35 isn't enough engine for this 48" plane????????????? I forgot to weigh it, but it's no lightweight.

Wall hanger 48" control line flaps P-51 with locked up Fox .35 100_1142
Wall hanger 48" control line flaps P-51 with locked up Fox .35 Dscn1618
Wall hanger 48" control line flaps P-51 with locked up Fox .35 Dscn1617
Wall hanger 48" control line flaps P-51 with locked up Fox .35 Dscn1620
Wall hanger 48" control line flaps P-51 with locked up Fox .35 Dscn1619
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Wall hanger 48" control line flaps P-51 with locked up Fox .35 Empty Re: Wall hanger 48" control line flaps P-51 with locked up Fox .35

Post  Ken Cook Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:55 pm

The Fox is enough power for that plane. The Fox makes it's best power flying planes that size in fact my Oriental is over 55". The Fox also provides the best power when it's either mounted upright or inverted. The Fox you show can be  questionable though. Yours is a 1980 version in which some were ok, some wore out before breaking in and some were short lived. In the later 80's around 1988 is when the 40th anniversary was introduced. These were some of the best of the best as these had slight taper in the cylinder and the fits were quite tight. In fact many were too tight rendering most to get rid of them. I have found many of these to be my best runners. Don't know why the needle valve is on the same side as the exhaust. I suppose the builder enjoys burning the hell outta his fingers.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Wall hanger 48" control line flaps P-51 with locked up Fox .35 Empty Re: Wall hanger 48" control line flaps P-51 with locked up Fox .35

Post  rsv1cox Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:27 pm

Just curious Ken, on that 55" Oriental.  How do you fly it?  I'm thinking 52-60' braided steel lines and a solid handle.  Also how is it set up?  Minimum engine/rudder off-set for little line pull going straight rather that crabbing to the outside of the circle?  Seems like it would be a bear to fly if it was always pulling you hard to the outside of the circle using more options than just centrifugal force.  

Seems like it would take a big well planted man.  Rusty (RIP) and I would be at a disadvantage.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down