Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket Cox_ba12

Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 8:14 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Today at 8:10 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by sosam117 Today at 8:07 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Today at 3:16 am

» Happy Anzac Day!
by Boats13 Yesterday at 11:03 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Yesterday at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:12 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket Empty
Live on Patrol

Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket

Go down

Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket Empty Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket

Post  High_Rev Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:02 pm

Hi, I have an Anderson Baby Spitfire Thais is missing the rear fuel tank and screw. By chance would anyone have one I could purchase? It’s an engine my uncle gave me as a kid and I want to restore it and display it.
High_Rev
High_Rev

Back to top Go down

Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket Empty Re: Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket

Post  Ken Cook Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:11 pm

I think visiting the MECA model engine website http://www.modelenginecollectors.org/  could possibly be a source to what your seeking.  I personally never used the site as some of my club members are members of this organization. The president of MECA was formerly Bill Mohrbacher who frequented this forum with regularity. Bill was a terrific person and a pleasure to talk with. Sadly, he passed away a few years back. David Zwolack is the new current president who was a member of my club. Dave moved away and I see him only every few years. I'm not certain if you could post a want item on the site without being a member of the organization which costs $20 to internet members and $40 for those who aren't computer savvy. The publication they provide is loaded with great information and parts sources. Maybe searching the site you might stumble onto some e-mails that could put you in the right direction. If they don't have A part your in search of, it's just not obtainable. I will say though that many times, parts like your searching for usually has the engine attached to it. The same parts generally go missing on these engines, tanks, needle valves, broken ears on the crankcase etc.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket Empty Re: Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket

Post  dan vincent Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:15 pm

A Wasp .049 or Atwood 049 tank will also fit the Royal Spitfire .049.  Mecoa had some B&B timer tanks in the Wasp style that will fit.
B&B was for Bill Atwood & Bob Holland.  

Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket Spitfi10Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket 4-atwo11

Last edited by dan vincent on Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
dan vincent
dan vincent
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket Empty Tanks

Post  Boats13 Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:18 pm

There is a large lot of small engines and miscellaneous parts. I believe there are two or more Spitire tanks in the pile. I am going to bid on it and if it does not go too high for me, offer out most of the engines, here at the divided out cost (within reason, a PeeWee is not worth the same as a TeeDee .049 diesel)... if members don't want them, I will evilBay them right back out. I might hang on to a couple... there is a G-Mark .030 R/C, and maybe the diesel TD .049... but, only maybe. Not looking to make money on this one, just cover costs. I would be happy to mail a tank for free if I win it. But, I doubt I will, I have feeling too many are watching and willing to pay more than I am.

Links, to peruse and see if those tanks are correct for your engine:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/326068683436

I am very sure my pockets are not as deep as most folks, but I intend to offer them out individually or your picked small lots, because they deserve a good home, not just lumped in a junk drawer (or like mine that got left open to the rain and weather at the front edge of our carport in Florida). The seller says someone gave them to him, that passed away.

Hopefully, Robin Hood CT!
Boats13
Boats13
Silver Member
Silver Member

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down